Monday, May 18, 2020

Ridge Nickname = Windy Ridge? Stay out of the Rain!


The Ridge

When I wear earplugs to bed, it isn’t a guarantee that I’d hear wind or rain and once I’m into a light sleep, I wouldn’t hear Bill come to bed. That was the case last night as I was upstairs before him attempting to watch a Taylor Swift special. I used to like her a lot when she began her career and I still believe that she is that kind, pleasant young lady, as a star. 

Good morning windy day
However, after 3 or 4 songs, 2 with her sitting on a stool with her acoustic guitar, I had heard enough. They were starting to sound the same and I much preferred her dancing around, owning the stage. I guess I’m not into her kind of music, so wasn’t surprised that I chose sleep instead and turned the tv off. I don’t know when Bill slipped into bed.

A way down there is the shelter
This morning, Victoria Day, Monday, May 18th, I did hear Bill get up, even with ear plugs and I checked the clock. It was 5:40 and just as I assumed he would be coming back to bed I saw him getting dressed. The winds were gusting and he informed me that they’d hit 31 mph and our car shelter (now with cover) was bouncing around like crazy down there. He wanted to go and secure the structure. “Need help?” to which he responded in the negative.

By the time he finished that 10 or 15 minutes later, he decided to just stay up. I rolled over to try and sleep but instead got up myself around 6:30. It was then that I thought we should have a nickname for the Ridge. I love it up here, but the winds can be wild. Needless to say, I didn’t go for a walk and that was a good decision when some rain followed, off and on. It was at least mild around 10c/50F so I wasn’t complaining.

Today's project
I use my lap tray for the chart and with Bill's suggestion of saran wrap
it will stay protected
The rulers help me to keep the lines straight so I don't go blind
I got out my cross stitch rather than start another book this morning. We know what happens when I start reading! I worked away until Bill came up from the Hangar around 11 indicating that he was getting hungry. I’d already planned on pancakes so we were eating by 11:30 and dishes done before noon. Out he went. He has the heater to take the dampness and chill off. There is obviously progress being made down there.
This could have been at anytime this afternoon
The view didn't change
If I knew the rain would hold off, I’d go for a walk but until I’m sure………..I caught up on my blog and then got washed up for the day, brushing my teeth now that we’ve eaten. I never did get out for a walk, the winds didn't let up and the rain showers extended into the rest of the day. That’s okay, I was quite happy inside working on my stitching. At one point, I turned 'Border Control' on and then 'Border' which is a program focused on the crossing, the desert and the 'illegals' at Nogales, Mexico. It was interesting. I’d never seen this version before.

when you think of lasagna, this sure doesn't look appetizing
but it was good regardless of appearance
Bill came in before 5 and I started making supper around the same time. We are having Instant pot lasagna. It has been a while since I’ve made it so I hope I have a recipe on my laptop. It took 24 minutes to cook after browning the ground beef with spices and onions. I made it in an inner pot and it was full to the brim. Maybe I should have split the ingredients into 2 pots as it was very full and very messy when I took it out. I think next batch will be done in the oven for a switch up.

I tried to get pictures of the cover billowed
I put together a salad and we each had a biscuit leftover from last night. One thing about lasagna, no matter how messy it looks (and mine is always extra runny), it tastes great. We cleaned up dishes and went back to what we were doing before supper. I finished my blog but I have to apologize for the ‘few’ pictures and will try not to write too much. This was a wet INDOOR day for me but I’m happy to be making headway on my project. I hope you stayed put and remained dry. Oh, and thank you Cheri for the invitation!

But it wasn't working
You can see the buds on our cherry tree though!
No critter pictures today, I miss them.
Good night all!
Drier days are ahead!

Thank you for your visit today!




12 comments:

  1. Windy Ridge would be a great nickname! Though there'll be days without wind, it just makes me think of a remote and somehow romantic place...stay warm and be well. -Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, thank you! But you're right. I'm looking forward to the Windy Ridge without the Wind right now!

      Delete
  2. Know what you mean about a stay inside day with the Rain and Wind. Sometimes wearing the ear plugs is the only way to sleep.
    When trying to focus on the shelter through the trees set the Camera to Manual Focus then Zoom adjust the Focus and it will clear things up.
    Looking like another slightly wet day tomorrow.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your needle point.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My camera is usually set on manual focus but with the tree in front, they are in perfect focus! :)

      Delete
  3. I would agree Windy Ridge fits. There are times that wind is probably great but when it's cold, not so much. But you have some nice views too. "You are welcome."
    I had never used ear plugs until last year when a park gave them to us because of the train that passed so close to the park. I had no idea how much difference they could make and I wear them often now.
    I used to like Taylor Swift when she was young and our granddaughters were so taken with her, but her music has changed and it's just not appealing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those Border Patrol shows. We have started watching a new one called Border Force.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People can be so stupid, eh? "Can you just make this one exception?" hahaha duh. Can you imagine asking them that?
      Haven't heard of Border Force yet.

      Delete
  5. Started out damp and rainy here, also. Though we do have warmer temperatures. Really like all the picture of the critters around your area, yes I am catching up...lol The pictures of the geese families are so cute. I see the swan came back. Maybe looking for a new home??? In agreement about lasagna it is about the taste not the look. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon the spring rains will settle down too. It isn't cold now at least so we can live with this. :)
      I'm hoping the swan makes return visits.

      Delete
  6. We've got the winds too with even a little sprinkle last night. Today will be cooler with warming to 80 by Saturday..what is with Mother Nature this year!? I so give you credit for the cross stitch. I found one yesterday I must have bought years ago..still in the package and that's where it will stay I'm afraid. I can bring it to you this winter if you like? Hoping we get to see you guys then!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If it makes you feel any better, it rained here most of the day yesterday. Weird because it never rains in May. Then the wind came up. Even crazy thunder!!! I hope today is nicer for you.

    ReplyDelete