Thursday, November 19, 2020

Blessed with Another Lovely November Day, Collages Today

Paisley, On

It was 7:15 on Thursday, Nov. 19th when Bill left the house rather than his usual 6:30. That was a treat for him, to sleep in a bit longer. The forecast today was to be a warm 12C/52F and at 7:30 when I went for my walk it was 3C/37F. I could feel the difference in the air, the wind was coming from the SSW so I believe that our friends from the south were looking out for us.

You get collages today from my walks

The dyke or berm which I'm walking on is approximately 8' up from the river's edge

I kept looking back for the sun to appear
On the right, looking back towards the bridge and the Legion from whence I came

I had a wonderful walk up on the dyke/berm along the river, following it all the way to the north end of town where I emerged on Queen St. That was about my 2 ½ mile point so headed for home. Wes had left, it was just Susan and I in the house. I made my tea and had some Shreddies with banana and cream before 9. I’m not sure why I feel hungry so early some mornings but I do, so I eat.

On the left, a field of dried grasses
On the right, lush evergreens

The sun has risen but it is hidden behind the clouds

After reading our friends’ blogs, I slipped my coat on again and headed down to the post office with Bill’s package for return. Unfortunately, his coat didn’t fit so we reordered and are sending this one back. Nice that Amazon does this free of charge. He’ll have his new one next week, they are very fast. It is a nice leather jacket, with inner removable lining, so totally worth the hassle.

Closer still

And I was rewarded

Susan called up to me around 10 and asked me to come down and see something. Her son and his girlfriend, who live next door, were bringing out all her Christmas stuff. It is stored in the storage room under their stairs. They emptied it onto the porch and then the 4 of us moved it into the garage and games room. When you have a big house, you decorate it! 😊 I’m a bit sad that we had to sell off most of our stuff, that I’d collected over the years but I did keep a few special items for the Suite.

The auto-wreckers yard
I've walked behind it on the trail and now in front of it on the street

When we finished doing that, I came upstairs with a coffee. It’s such a lovely day that I may have to go out for another walk this afternoon. Maybe back to the Christmas bazaar for another ornament. For the moment, I sat and did some crocheting and around noon did my gray roots and had a shower. They were getting pretty bad, especially at the back of my head where I can’t see to do them well. Bill tried to help last time but…….he’s a proby (probie?) at it.

Paisley's uniqueness is everywhere
From the historical-looking signage
to all of the interlocking sidewalks
Every one on the main street, from one end of town to the other

I passed the time with my book until 2:30 when I blew my hair dry and went for a walk. I made sure to take my wallet as I planned to stop at the Market again, and took the mail keys in case there was anything else in the box. It was beautiful out even without sunshine. I only wore my poufy vest over my long sleeves, no jacket. As I was looking up and around, I noticed that all of the Veteran’s Memorial banners were down now. I’m glad because they could surely get battered over the winter. Tuck them away for next year’s Remembrance Day.

We all love survivors, don't we?

When I returned, I made my tea and brought a guilt-free brownie up to nibble on. Bill takes one each day for his lunch so I figured I could have one. They are good and I’ll definitely make them again. I noticed that Susan had shifted some of the Christmas decorations throughout the rooms. I’m sure she’s anxious to start setting them up. My sisters are trying to plan a dinner out this weekend so I hope that pans out. I’d love to just pick from a menu rather than come up with my own!

The Paisley Market posters are really large
and quite nicely set up behind the checkout

Back to my crocheting or reading while waiting for Bill to come home. Leftovers for supper tonight so no difficult choices to make. There is enough chili and still a few meatballs with spaghetti. Bill can take his pick. Both guys were later coming home from work and I heard Wes arrive after 5 and then he called up to tell me they were going out for supper. Bill arrived within 10 minutes and after he had his shower we went down to eat.

A huge dish of spaghetti

He chose chili and I had the spaghetti and meatballs. Too much for me though and it must have filled Bill up as we didn’t need dessert. We took care of dishes and at 7 returned upstairs to our room. I’m on the last chapter of the book I’m reading and I have really enjoyed the story. 


If you can get your hands on a copy, like Elva, I recommend it. I’m hoping tomorrow to hear from the library about the book I have on hold.


My favourite pictures of the day

It was a quiet night and tomorrow is Friday. Another warm one coming our way, yahoo! Thank you for your visit today!

8 comments:

  1. I would have to vote for those last two pictures, also especially the one on the right. The river looks lovely to walk along. That is one hardy rose or maybe just stubborn. Sort of how I feel about the Ocotillos. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The river is kind of hypnotic, especially when it is a smooth flow. But then, i do love the rushing of the water at the dam too.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures once again! I hope you get your dinner out this weekend! Dinner looks yummy. I love chili and spaghetti on the 2nd or 3rd day, seems to really enhance the flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the last two photos especially. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I love rivers. Heimo and Edna are featured on a tv show called The Last Alaskans. The show isn't filmed anymore but they are still shown on various networks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice you are still having lovely weather. I did walk a bit today but made sure to wear my spikes as it was pretty icy out.

    Your spaghetti looks great.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is a river trail here as well but it's across town so never think to walk there in the mornings. I used to a couple of years ago so maybe I'll have to do that again sometime!

    ReplyDelete