Sunday, November 22, 2020

One of those No-Nonsense Days

Paisley, On

On Sunday, Nov. 22nd I was awake and up at 7. Just couldn’t sleep anymore. Bill was still sound asleep, at least until my feet touched the floor when he shifted. I had sorted the 2 loads of laundry last night so carried the basket downstairs and started that. Wes and Susan weren’t up yet so I tried to be quiet. I made a cup of tea and came back upstairs to find Bill getting up too.

Just when you think an old historic building can't get any better
I noticed the children's decorations on the fence

I'm assuming the chiildren painted the gingerbread mean and ladies

After the first load was washed, in the dryer and the second one in, I bundled up against the -1C/30f. Once more, I was grateful that the winds were almost non-existent as I headed out the door. I was warm from head to thigh, where my ear scarf started and my new long coat ended and then from below the knee where my knee socks started to my feet in runners. 😊 There was a space in there of about 5” where I felt the chill in just my leggings.

That put me in the mood to look for more Christmas clues
More natural ones, the inflatables don't appeal to me


I do love the window displays

It was a great walk as I shuffled along. I don’t think I walk terribly fast, compared to my sisters, but the other day when I went to the Mill, I was told differently. A lady I said hello to at Mill Dr. and Queen St. said “boy, you walk fast!” I smiled and shrugged and she responded with a nod. “Yes, you do. I just saw you up by the Mill”. Ha ha, that was funny. I carried on at my normal pace and thought about it. I suppose it is a brisk walk.

I came a different way today

And it brought me through the back of the sewage plant
to my regular trail

I followed the main sidewalk today to the north and then cut back coming in on the Riverside trail from the opposite direction. Up over the bridge and then back on it to Queen St. again at the Community Centre. The town was quiet when I started out but was waking up on my return. I’m glad I got out; it was just over 2 ½ miles (that’s 4 km) today. Back home, I joined Bill upstairs and he was just folding the last load of clothes.

So far still green
This is one side of the stream
Over the street bridge

And down on the other side, a much narrower trail

Along the Saugeen leading to the main street and the Legion
which you should recognize by now

Across the bridge, the Hose Tower and the red brick building
in which we call home
The red roof is the garage

Around 11, I went down and made brunch of bacon and eggs using two frypans today. I’m glad for the new ones I bought, our bacon was still hot by the time the eggs were done. Normally, I cook the bacon first and set it aside in tinfoil or paper towels while cooking the eggs. I know Bill likes his food hot so this effort makes him happier too. 😊 I had mine rolled up in a tortilla, it gave me the enticement. I guess I’ve gotten off eggs lately.

Eggs and bacon in a warmed wrap for me

After dishes, we came upstairs and did our own thing. Bill has been making extensions for his plane servos and I stayed out of his way by working on my crochet. As I knew would happen, I tore out the many rows of my shrug. It wasn’t working out. The bottom was wider than the top and somehow in my amateur stitching, although I thought it was uniform, there was a difference of about 15 stitches! LOL I’m so bad at this! I went right back to the beginning single crochet row and added quite a few more stitches. It wasn’t going to be wide enough either.

I had a lot done but it was no hardship for me to tear it all out
It even looks better here than it really was!

I got it going again and did 3 rows before setting it aside, swapping it out for the new book. Bill finished his project and curled up on the bed for a snooze. Shortly after 4, I turned the light off and did the same thing for half hour. Bill managed to get a call in to all 4 of his girls today so he was happy about that. Even Easton, got in on a video call with Grandma and Grandpa.

A couple more pictures of my walk

In the corner of the dam, a nature created dam was building
It makes you want to go clean it up!

Before 5, I had to get downstairs and start the rub for our pork rib supper. Bill hopped in the shower while I went down. There was a warm up period in Madame IP and a cook time of 20 minutes before NR so after adding potatoes and getting veggies ready, I came back upstairs.

I talk about upstairs, well here are the stairs all decorated with garland and bows

George, offering egg nog for the season

Santa dances and sings

And Luigi brings news

At the entrance to the dining room

We were eating our pork ribs around 6:15, I think. After broiling them in Susan’s oven with sweet & sour sauce, they were delicious. They were fall off the bone yummy. It was a bit of a mad rush for Bill after he finished eating, doing the dishes and packing his lunch for tomorrow. He had a movie starting upstairs at 7 and didn’t even say ‘see ya!’ or anything. I’ll forgive him, I suppose. Ha ha. I stayed down in the big kitchen and watched the last hour of The Bourne Ultimatum with Matt Damon and was fulfilled. 

😊

Wes was outside hanging garland on their fence this morning


And here it is all decked out

I came upstairs to work on my blog and before 9 I got my laptop and Bill’s external dvd writer set up. My son in London was going to call after 9 and see if he could help. I’m really hoping to be able to watch some of our own dvds over the next few months. After I had things set up, I crawled up on the bed and read my book. I got cool in the kitchen so upstairs I pulled my wrap around my feet to warm them up.

Supper was delicious!

I’ll have to let you know tomorrow how I made out with Patrick’s help. Today was a nice quiet Sunday. I’m happy to get a walk in and to get our laundry out of the way. It was good to spend the day together, doing our own thing.

My evening entertainment
Good night!

Thank you for your visit! You can leave a comment if you wish.

11 comments:

  1. The cooler the weather, the brisker the walk! I can go really fast when it's cold. Brrr. Thank you again for your posts, your words and photos showing and telling us how it is in your new place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, provided the sidewalk or gravel is not icy, I can walk really fast too! haha. Pumping those arms! :)
      thank YOU for the kind words.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, we did get snow late in the afternoon but it was light and wet until after supper.

      Delete
  3. Hi, From your pictures it really looks like a lovely place to be spending your winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb. I think it is a nice place, inside and outside. :)
      thanks for those encouraging words from your sunny place in the south. xo

      Delete
  4. That just has to be the most fun .... an historic town and all decorated. No one decorates around here. It's sad since Christmas is my second favorite holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My walks are so boring in comparison to yours - you can take any number of routes!

    Your landlords are certainly into the Christmas spirit. I love the garland and bows on the iron fence. It looks so festive.

    The beauty of crocheting and knitting is the ability to frog it back when something doesn't work the way you want it too. Just a suggestion, count your stitches every 3-5 rows.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that river and all the Christmas decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Things are starting to look quite festive around the house as well as the town.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue Grafton writes some wonderful books. Enjoy.

    Wow, the house is sure decorated for the holidays.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete