Wednesday, October 19, 2022

From a Mixed Sky to Complete Cover

The Ridge

On Wednesday, Oct. 19th I got up at 7:30 leaving my two snuggle-bugs in bed. Gibbs followed me to the door but I had decided to leave him home and get in a nice long walk before the afternoon rains. It wasn’t windy at all but it was cold so the outer portion of my long coat over a fleecy top was perfect. Of course, my lined stretch pants, mini gloves and a ball cap kept me completely warm.


It was a lovely peaceful walk

The sun wasn’t out but I could see it behind the clouds to the east and truthfully, I doubted we’d see it at all today. It was a lovely walk down to Baptist Church Road, south towards M’s homestead and as far as Turbine Lane. I haven’t walked down there since the spring before Gibbs realized that this was just too far. Lazy little bum. I enjoyed the walk, the leaves and the peacefulness at that time of the morning.


Turbine Lane
See the sun trying to break through?

Back home, the boys were up, justified by our pooch running down to meet me. Yes, barking all the way. LOL He stopped when he got to me and I reminded him of the “no bark” but there is still work to do in that regard. Bill indicated that he was going to have his cereal and then we’d better go get the Cub Cadet from North Line Service & Repair. The total cost was a bit of a shock but it was mostly labour.

There she is! The 91 Chevy we've spent so much
time on.
Still the mirrors need to be replaced.

I still love the view on my walk home

At $80/hour, even though it only took 3 hours to take it all apart and return it to proper condition, that adds up. We were happy to have it back and after Gibbs and I followed him part way, up the big hill, we passed him and returned home. 

Following Bill home

I wasn’t surprised that Bill cut some grass on his way up the lane, at the corral hill and in the ‘patio’ area. Gibbs barked a lot in the truck so he got adorned with his collar once inside.

Then of course some grass cutting

It was still nice out so I took Gibbs out and down North Line for his walk. Inside, Bill and Gibbs dozed and I worked on a crossword puzzle. I enjoy the ones that come in the Grey Bruce newspaper weekly. I actually do pretty good, working at it over a few days.


Just a few selfies

We had some lunch, I made Bill a toasted tomato sandwich using the last little Roma tomato from the garden. It was just enough. Today is the day I started making our travel meals. Now, I’m even more anxious! I succeeded in getting the Hamburger Stew cooked and separated into freezer tubs.

Peeking through the neighbours property,
The Suite sits pretty

Are you coming Mom?

For supper, we had air fried coated chicken breasts. With them we had sweet potato and corn with, of course, pumpkin pie and whipped cream for dessert. We’re experiencing a drizzly afternoon with the temperature already dropped to a c-c-cold 2C/36F. No wet white stuff yet but who knows what is coming overnight when it drops to 0C/32F. Hopefully, nothing. Anyway, it doesn’t matter too much, we have to take what comes.

Soon, there will be no more pictures of the pond

I love the change of colours in the tree line

This was a good day. We've had a mixed bag of sky cover but only rain fell on The Ridge. 😊I enjoyed my early morning walk and will try and do that more this winter, with and without Gibbs.

Supper was good!
Good night!

Thank you for stopping in to see what we’re up to!

10 comments:

  1. You and Gibbs look happy. Soon you will be walking in the desert without a tree in sight. I'm getting anxious too as "D"epart day gets closer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you both, all prepared and ready for the journey. I will look forward to your winter pictures.
    Nice picture of you and cute Gibbs in his sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get out of there before the four letter word arrives!!! Gibbs is such a snuggle bunny!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you don't get snow overnight. I heard that it is snowing in some of the northern States, so you might run into on the first day or so. Fingers crossed, you don't.
    Enjoy your last couple of days on the Ridge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many days now!?

    ReplyDelete