Tuesday, October 18, 2022

It’s Not White Yet – But Soon?

The Ridge 

On Tuesday, Oct. 18th we were up at 7. Gibbs slept in until then for his first outing. He’s getting used to these easy-going mornings too. 😊 Bill said he wanted to go in to town with me while I cleaned as he had a couple of stores he wanted to go to. That meant we were in no rush to leave home until around 8 so those venues would be open. Bill said that there were a few light flurries in the air when he took Gibbs out at 7, so as much as we're grateful they didn't land and stick on the ground, we know they are in a nearby forecast. 

I had much success at the last one
finding books on my 'want to read' list
in Goodreads
Maybe I'll pop in on Friday!

The Mat wasn’t too bad at all, I thought maybe Sage had been in last night but checking the calendar proved me wrong. Bill drove up to the Home Hardware and then while I washed the floors at the end of the shift, he drove to the I.D.A. Pharmacy for his winter meds. They were ready for him.

My touch up trim

Back home, we just hung out, chilled, and stayed warm inside. There wasn’t a lot going on today but we had our lunch at noon, I finished my book and Bill and Gibbs had a snooze before 1:30. We both had appointments at 2 for haircuts so nipped down the road to see Bonnie. While there, Bill checked on our riding mower’s maintenance.


All 3 of us are now trimmed up for the
beginning of the winter

Back home, we soon received a call that it was ready. Unfortunately, with the cold wet day we were having, until Friday, he won’t be driving it home until then. We can put it away at that time and it will be dry. It goes into the storage shed and is usually the very last thing anyway. Again, we lounged for the afternoon until I made spaghetti and meatballs for supper.

Spaghetti and meatballs
with parmesan

We haven’t had that for a while so it was enjoyable! With reheated pumpkin pie and some ‘last minute whipped up’ whipped cream (that was a bit runny) we were quite content. This was a good day. It was also a cold day. 3C/39F at its peak with a low of 1C/34F tonight. No more appointments and a slow day tomorrow. Getting excited! 

Dessert only a bit improved by the topping
Good night!

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are wonderful to read.

20 comments:

  1. It's too early for the white stuff!!! It looks like a good weekend forecast for your departure. We always run straight southward until at least Nashville to get to the warmth and out any possible snow. I'll bet you're all shiver with anticipation!!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is too early but not unheard of to have snow so early. Maybe it will miss us.
      The weekend does look good for travelling. We'll be taking mileage into consideration and getting to the warmth! We are excited!

      Delete
  2. I can't believe it's supposed to drop to 21° tonight in Kansas! Brrr! Prayers it soon passes, and warms up again as you make your way south.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brrr, we aren't getting that cold - only 32F here.
      Thank you for the prayers, we'll have a good day to head out by the looks of the forecast.

      Delete
  3. I love your hair that way! Looks so easy to take care of for sure and it's cute :) The week is flying and leave time is close!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shirley. It is certainly different for me but I'm liking how carefree it is. :) Time is indeed close!

      Delete
  4. Flurries? Time to get out of Dodge!!!! Winter is coming .....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ewww..I'm not ready for flurries. So far we're doing well here, but next week doesn't look too promising.
    Your hair cuts look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not ready for them either and hope to miss them completely! :)
      Thank you for the compliment. ♥

      Delete
  6. I can't believe it's time for you to leave already. I know you are ready and excited but it means I'll miss seeing you until spring! ;-(. However we are wishing you safe travels and fun times in the dessert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sis. Time has really crept up on us too but we are ready and excited. We'll miss you guys too and thank you for the travel wishes.

      Delete
  7. Haircuts look nice. I'm past due by a few years. As Nancy says, it's time to head south. I'll be right behind you

    ReplyDelete
  8. It took me awhile to get used to the shorter hair style but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just saw a probable forecast for 10cm for Huntsville and N. and W. side of Algonquin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We got up to 20C today and supposedly the same happening tomorrow. The breeze made it feel a bit cooler though. It should be heading your way.

    The haircuts look great.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully we get that 20C on Friday.........it looks promising after possible snow tonight! LOL
      Thank you for the hair comment. ;)

      Delete