Sunday, October 9, 2022

And it Lingers On – the Cold and the Cold

The Ridge

On Saturday, Oct. 8th we didn’t move out of bed until after 7:30. Bill had taken Gibbs out at 6:30 and came back to join me in the warmth under the duvet. It was another chilly morning, 2C/36F, but at least no frost. Unfortunately, after a great sleep, we both still seem to have the lingering cough from our colds. Grrr! I was thinking that it was moving on………but, it appears not.

With a sky like this, it wasn't worth the risk of hanging clothes out

It isn't every week that I clean these big dryers but today I 
had the right tools, thanks to Sandy
It was sure worth the effort! $10.25 in my pocket


We sorted laundry on the bed, with Gibbs’ help (‘give me that, that’s not to chew on, go find your blankey’) and I made a tea to take along to town. If you own a little mutt like we do, you’ll understand. The Mat was empty and it wasn’t until I was folding our clean, dry clothes that two customers arrived. It’s Saturday! Doesn’t anyone do laundry on Saturday anymore?

Our gas/diesel gouging is happening for
Thanksgiving weekend 
The reprieve was nice while it lasted. Grrr.
😊


I chuckle when I see this wall where the
pop machine was
Bill needs to come back and paint!! 😂

M had asked if I would take his comforter in since he only has an apartment-sized machine, so on the way home, I dropped it off to him. While there, I got a peek at the newly painted blue truck! Wow! It looks awesome, we did a great job, finally. I didn’t get a picture but I will when the bumpers etc. are installed again. His brother is going to help him do that.

Before I put these away,
here are my efforts towards Bill's party



I think his guests enjoyed looking at them
I know, he did!

Bill was ready to go to Durham himself with an empty propane tank so like two ships passing, I came inside and he left. Gibbs stayed put. 😉 When he returned, he hung his birthday gift from Donna and Gerry in the Hangar. What do you think?

An airplane light!

We had bacon and eggs for lunch and then we left Gibbs inside (he’d been out for 2 hours while I was in town) and went out to put a few more things away. It was cold but not raining at least so I got the turtle and geese crossing signs down at the entrance removed and stored in the bin.

Gibbs and I got a walk in while waiting
for Bill to return
The Ridge is starting to look pretty bare

Mike was closing up his trailer at the Acreage and Bill offered to help so left Gibbs and I to putter and drove over. He’d fill the water bladder at the same time and get us topped up. By the time he returned, Gibbs and I had come inside. Nice and toasty in the Suite. Bill and Gibbs went upstairs to watch a movie and have a snooze while I stayed down and played games and did a bit of reading.

We ventured back into the newly cut area
but all the turtles have vacated

Without our mower, the grass hasn't been cut for a while
It isn't growing as fast now, it will get one more cut before we leave
Maybe

This book that I’m reading is still questionable. It sounded good but I haven’t quite decided. The way it’s written is a bit odd but we’ll see. It’s called A Room Swept White by Sophie Hannah. I started making supper around 5:30 and poor Bill was in for another guinea pig meal. 😊 Tonight, it was Chicken Pot Pie – Keto style.

The neighbours cut their lawn the other day
and it looks pretty brown

Quite a difference

It looked great, the filling of chicken, celery, mushrooms and onions tasted good, but we both agreed that the almond flour crust just wasn’t up our alley, keto or not. We’ll finish the dish, it wasn’t horrible, but I’ll know better for next time. After cleanup, we decided to have a treat later instead of dessert. Chips and cheese were on the ‘snack’ menu, perfect for a Saturday night.

When Bill returns with a bladder of water
he parks the front wheels up on the berm

Makes sense, right? 😀

We watched a movie together and enjoyed the evening together. I am always happy during summer months when Bill is able to persue his hobby by going to the Hangar after supper BUT I also have to admit to enjoying our time together in the evenings when the weather turns cooler. Yah, I kind of like having him close by, so does Gibbs. 😊

Supper was pretty good
The tomato juice was a holiday treat

This was a good day. The occasional phlegmy coughs can go away anytime but having the weather turning colder just makes us even more excited about our departure in a couple of weeks.

Picnic table and king chairs
stacked for the winter

The sky turned pretty for the evening
Good night!

Thank you for stopping in and Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian readers!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving!
    I wonder how the $10 bill got into the machine. Nice tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't figure how that bill got in there either! Maybe it was a test to see when i cleaned it!

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! You will enjoy the travel with everything pretty much back to normal too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! It would be nice to know who is commenting when your name doesn't appear. ☺️

      Delete
  3. The collages looked great. Lots of work to do that. The plane light looks great. Cooling down right on time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Doug. You're right about the timing! Now we are getting ready to get outta here!

      Delete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to Patsi and Bill!

    ReplyDelete