Saturday, October 15, 2022

A True Inside Day, Fun Evening with Rules, Remembering

The Ridge

On Saturday, Oct. 15th I was slept out by 7:30 so slipped out of bed with instructions to Gibbs ‘curl up with Daddy and go back to sleep’. Well, he had his sucky blanket so he actually did stay put while I slipped into my lounging pj’s and crept downstairs. Bill woke up so all my ‘sneaky-ness’ proved fruitless after all. 😊

You can't feel the wind and this looks much
prettier than the day felt
A gust at 6:35 am was recorded at 34 mph

I made a tea and sat in my chair with Gibbs beside me. It was a cold looking morning, not frost-cold, just fall, windy-cold. The temperature wasn’t above 5C/40F yet and by the looks of the heavy cloud cover, it wouldn’t reach today’s forecasted high of 9C/48F. We’ll see.

These may seem like duplicate pictures...........

Bill was more energetic than I was, much more, and went out to check the propane tank. It was empty and we’ve been waiting for that so we can get it filled. Here in Ontario, not sure if it is the same across Canada, we get charged for a full tank of propane whether your tank is empty or not. In the southern states, we only get charged for the about of propane that is put into the tank. The way it should be. Because of that, we make sure we’re M T before taking it into town.


But it is just where we found ourselves 
for most of the day

He also filled a couple of fuel cans while he was in Durham. Gibbs and I were still in my chair. 😊 Lazy!  I hate to admit that most of the day that’s where we were. Gibbs wanted to go out once when it was pouring rain and while on the stoop, he quickly turned back and came inside. He hasn’t drank a lot today and is holding his bladder very well. It’s 3:30 and he still hasn’t gone out since 6:30. Funny little man.

The book is getting good
with less than 100 pages to go

I read a lot of my book and although some of the strange writing practices of this author are still there, the story is interesting enough for me to want to finish it. After lunch I got up for a shower, then back to the chair. At 3, I moved and made myself a cup of tea. That was when Gibbs went up to join Bill upstairs for a snooze and a movie. While I was up, I hunted for the nice keto p.b. fudge that I made a while ago. We both enjoyed it and it lasted a long time.

Gibbs got a warmer sweater on and
curled up into a ball on my blanket

With that put together and cooling in the fridge, I sat to start my blog post. For supper, it will be chicken thighs, leftover dressing and veggies. We’ll be snacking later tonight because we’ve invited ourselves (I actually did) to Donna and Gerry’s for the evening. They have a pool table and I have a game to practice teaching! We’re picking Rob and Pat up to join us.

The fudge is cooling

I won’t feel like blogging after that so will have to fill you in about both supper and the game tomorrow. We talked to a couple of our friends this morning, Mike and Wanda, rv’ers from Guelph and Keith from Aylmer. Catching up and keeping in touch regarding their winter plans. This was a truly lazy day for this family and it was very nice!

Today, is an important day to remember. It was 2 years ago tonight, at 10 pm, that Mom closed her eyes for the last time. Bill and I were there just minutes after she drew her last breath, the way she wanted it, I'm sure of that. 💔 We think of her often, I see her beautiful face and smile every morning and evening when I open my laptop. You're in a good place, Mom, and we miss you, heart and soul. Let's look at some memories.

Mom with a surprise visit from
her youngest son, Michael in 2011

Mom and I with my children
Quite a few years ago - 2013

Our last Ladyfest with Mom
2018

Mom and Yours truly - 2019
I love you Mom
Good night!

Thank you for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Quite cool here today. Inside day for Yuma and me. Glad you had many happy years with your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful memories of your Mom. They are to be cherished. I sure miss my folks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our propane tank fills are the same in BC as they are in Ontario, I like it much better when you only pay for what they put in your tank. I feel sad for you that your temps have dropped so much, we are still in the mid 20's and our tree's haven't turn to fall colours yet. Nice memories of your mom, she had such a happy smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting about the propane. Yes, we like it better down south too.
      We've tossed around that if we had to stay put another winter, B.C. would be the place to do it! Enjoy!
      Mom did have a joyful smile. ♥

      Delete
  4. Wonderful memories, they are treasures, hold them gently and share them often. Your weather was similar to the island both before and after we left. One of the reasons we left early this year, I just needed some heat. Your time will pass quickly and yet slowly as you know. Stay warm.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb. Lovely words about memories.
      Yes, we are getting so READY to find warmth again. Soon, very soon!

      Delete
  5. Sweet memories of your mom. She certainly had a lovely smile.
    Definitely cool weather here too - we're only forecast to reach 6C today. Another indoor day for me.
    I really like Gibbs' sweater. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maebeme. Mom brightened the room when she smiled.
      We're getting tired of filling propane tanks so anxious to move on. Soon!!

      Delete
  6. Love the pictures of your mom and family :) I remember her smile was so beautiful. Loved the way she always dressed up! You were blessed. Looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirley. You've always commented on Mom's smile and you're so right about how she always dressed up and included a necklace. ♥

      Delete