Monday, August 17, 2026

A Bit of Work, Lots of Clouds

The Ridge

On Monday, Aug. 17th, it was Bill's alarm at 6 that woke him. At 5:50, I heard him tell the little snuggle bum 'it's not time, just a few more minutes', and then promptly fell back to sleep. 😍

Good Monday Morning!
5 moonflowers, 1 eaten
by this little slug.
LOL

I didn't need to get up but felt like I was done sleeping. I remained where I was until just after 6:30. 

I was outside early enough
but there was no pretty sunrise today.

Bill had word earlier from Billy in a text that it would be closer to 8 when he'd be here to pick him up. That gave him a little more time to get ready and walk down.

One of those 'priceless' pictures.
"Do you have to go to work, Daddy?"

Gibbs and I watched him go. It was quite cloudy but the forecast was for sun and warm temps. We'll see, right now the breeze coming in from outside felt coolish. After he left, we sat in my recliner and I read. I had to clean for Robin later but it was cozy with Gibbs beside me or on my lap. 💕

We watched Daddy go down
to meet Billy

At 10:30, I had eaten a piece of rhubarb loaf, packed some cheese, a yogourt and an apple, made my coffee and carried my water to Ptooties. I left Gibbs at home this time. I dropped a card in the mailbox and on the way, stopped to pick up a couple of items at Robins to take.

Going and returning
from different ends of
Baptist Church Road.

I also left her more cherry tomatoes and a banana pepper. These guests were very considerate and stripped all 3 beds and had towels in the basket for washing. It still takes me 1 1/2 hours to go through the whole house and get things ready for the new group. Tonight, 5 guests for one night.

Back home, Gibbs and I
walked down the lane to the
front field. Just because, as I
knew there was no mail to get.
The gate garden is sad looking with
no colour.

I was out the door at12:30. Since gas was at $1.19/litre yesterday, I drove home that way to fuel up. I wasn't quite down to 1/2 tank but wanted to top her up. That plan changed when I saw it was back up to $1.59!! Overnight, .40¢!! Buggers.

Another picture - just because.

So, I drove right on by and came home to Gibbs. The sun was making progress breaking through the clouds and the blue sky was brilliant in its hue. Gibbs and I went out, opened the Bunky and walked up to see if the tomatoes needed watering. Nope, they were good today.

The Sedum is pretty in its
green dress - for now.

I came in with another shirt load of tomatoes, leaving a lot still on the vine that are more orange than red. I'm enjoying them, but they are getting ahead of me! 🤣 Bill doesn't eat them like I do, only if they are big enough for a sandwich or if I make a salad.

I did some weeding so Gibbs
waited, keeping an eye out for
intruders.

 I knew there was no mail today, since the flag wasn't up anymore, my card was taken, but we walked down anyway. When we came back up, I got the rest of the hammock out of the Bunky and realized it was the first time. 

He remembers the hammock from
last summer. Clemson never liked it,
we had to hold him and not move it.
🤭

So, of course, Gibbs remembered and wanted up right away. 🤭🐕 We stayed out there for close to half hour, just relaxing together. He's such a goof, settles for a while, checks for noises and then lays across me for attention. I tried hard to get good pics but it was a challenge.


There is only one important thing
going on here..........it's simply
'me, me, me'
I can't deny that I enjoy
his antics.

I did finish my book this morning so took it to the Bunky to add to the next bag for the ladies. 🤷‍♀️ I'll have to find another. Trudy, my crafting friend, asked if I had any wedding cards so that sent me on a search in my collection. I'd one a while ago that would work but it was purchased.

It was quite relaxing today.

It was the incentive I needed to start prepping ome with different backgrounds. After sending her the selection to choose, she found one and now I'll see what I can come up with. I like this kind of a challenge and next spring will start offering to make 'by demand'. 

I sent the options to Trudy.
She chose quickly, which one do you
like for a wedding? You might have to
zoom in they are made from 'fancy'
paper.
She liked the simplicity of the yellowish
one, second in from the bottom left.

Bill was home by 3:30 and for supper, I tried something new (for us). A shrimp stir fry and a Caesar salad. All I had to do was follow directions, since it was a package deal. We don't eat much pasta, really, so once in a while wouldn't hurt. 😉

This was supper and
it passed the test 

We cleaned up the electric frypan and remainder of the dishes went in the dishwasher. Bill made his lunch, Gibbs got his little tidbit of cheese with his food so the boss of the house was happy. 

Look at that divide between the
gray clouds and the blue sky.
Cooler night of 10C/50F so it will be
clearing out.

This was a good day. 22.78C/73F was nothing to sniff at and surprise, surprise. The whole time I was out in the hammock with Gibbs NO flies, bugs or the like bothered me! Perfect and about time! 

I have space for a couple of memory photos
This made me chuckle

Aug. 17, 2022
When we first met my Mat boss,
Sandy, his wife and their 3 boys
running down our hill.
Gibbs watched for a while and then
chased them.
Good night!

Thank you for popping by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment