Sunday, August 16, 2026

Getting Things Done

 The Ridge

It was 6:25 am when Gibbs began sidling right up next to me. I had my back to him but knew he was watching his Daddy, waiting for the first movement. Finally, it happened and Gibbs pounced on him with hugs and kisses. I just giggled from my side of the bed.

Good morning!
6 more Moonflowers.

They went outside and, with a busy morning ahead of me, I did my stretches and got up. We sorted laundry together, 3 loads today mostly Bill's work clothes, and I left the Suite at 7:05. I was surprised to see 4 cars in the lot already when I arrived.

I teased the 3 men that they must have been lined up at the door waiting for the 7 o'clock 'unlock' sound. They were within 5 minutes of transferring their clothes into the dryer.........at the same time! Two regulars, Clem being one, and I discussed the weather and the gas price.

Those pretty clouds drew
me in to town.

Regular gas had dropped again to $1.19/litre. The diesel hasn't budged here in Durham, from $2.15. I finished cleaning and folded our dried clothes. The weather forecast was not conducive to hanging them outside. I headed home to my boys. It also was too windy for Bill to go flying.

I changed clothes and as Bill began getting the mower out, I loaded the 2 bags of 'exchange' clothes into Ptooties. Donna and Gerry were still at the Acreage for another couple of hours but were heading home before noon. 

So, Daddy missed a few days 
but today, made up for it. 💕
And, I might add, he's dropping
pennies for Barb A in Florida
too! 😂

In Hanover, I went right to their place and dropped the bags on their porch. Yes, I had permission to do so! 🤭😉 Donna would add them to her growing collection until our clothing exchange later in the fall. I stopped at Independent for yogourt first and then on to Walmart.

It was hard for me to drive past Giant Tiger but I behaved and avoided going in. 🤣 I dropped a load of $$ at Walmart but managed to get everything on our list. It runs about the same every 2 weeks and there is most often an overlap of certain things as I take advantage of sale prices.

Even diesel is down in
Hanover. Nice!

Back home, Bill was on the Cub Cadet in the front field. That meant our timing was almost bang on to be done the chores together. I know he'd dumped the black tank as well this morning. I emptied the bags and found room for everything in the fridge and freezer easily. It was pretty empty.

I put my clean clothes away and gave myself a cleansing face mask. It was my last one from Avon, purchased a couple of years ago in Quartzsite! Wow! What an amazing difference! (psst, I'm joking!) It does feel nice afterwards though.

My lunch quesadilla
was yummy.

When the boys got back, Bill reported that Gibbs was a good boy. The collar is doing its job, without us even touching the remote. 🤭 The rest of the afternoon was slouching around. We dozed, we read and just plain relaxed. Isn't that what Sunday afternoons should be like?

Around 3, I decided to use up a bag of rhubarb from the freezer. It looked a bit like freezer burn had hit it so I wanted to make something that might not be too noticeable. I made Rhubarb Loaf and our oven baked it perfectly. 

It looks good, we'll taste test
it tonight.

It was a lovely day, not getting too hot outside at all but of course, using the oven increased the temperature indoors. It was late in the day so the cooler air coming in the windows and pushing hot air out threw our 'fantastic fan' kept it comfortable.

For supper, Bill grilled burgers and although I didn't enjoy mine tonight, it was filling and Gibbs got a wee bit of burger again. Incentive to empty his dish of his kibble and it works. 

Not quite up to his standard.
Could be just my taste buds.
🤷‍♀️

Bill had a shower and then made his lunch for tomorrow. Robin has asked me to clean the bnb so that will break up my day and put some cash in my pocket, er, bank account. 😉 They, her and Andrew, were at the big house last night until 9:30 finishing up for the new tenants. They are good people, our friends.

Gibbs played ball with us this
afternoon so needs a snooze!

It has been a great day and I'm really moving along in my book. I hope you've had a great weekend because we can call it a wrap! We were supposed to get rain most of today...........well, maybe 7 light drops before noon, but the sky cleared around 6:30 and it was a sunny evening.

This is a memory of our first
little love bug too.
Good night, Clemson!

Thank you for your Sunday visit.




1 comment:

  1. Wow that’s crazy that there is nearly a $1.00 difference between gas and diesel!

    ReplyDelete