The Ridge
It was the 6 am alarm on Bill's phone that woke all of us on Friday, Aug. 14th. Oh brother, and we were all sleeping so well! So, I stayed put while Bill got up and hopped in the shower. He wasn't working for Mike today but was heading into town to help at the big house.
![]() |
| Good morning! It doesn't happen often but today, I was up early enough to catch the sun just popping. |
I got up at 6:30, washed and dressed before making my tea-to-go. I left the Suite at 7 for town. The gas price that had dropped over the last couple of days to $1.34/litre was creeping back up, today it is $1.45. 🤷♀️ There's always a reason, or excuse I should say.

Before anything, I slip out
and count today's Moonflowers.
8 to add to the list.
I took a side shot of the top one,
kinda cool.
The Mat was empty - again - that is 3 days in a row! Maybe everyone is avoiding me, but that's okay as it allows me to clean uninterrupted for my time in there. Today, I took the extra 30 minutes and emptied the big dryer lint 'trays' and did the high dusting.
Bill messaged as I was just finished washing the floor, wondering if I was stopping by the house before I went home. I had planned that anyway so went to see how they were coming along. The laminate was done in the upstairs hall, bathroom and one bedroom, with Bill finishing the closet.

Another nice pond picture but
yesterday's was the best yet.
There are a couple of rooms to finish, one large, one small and the stairs need attention. Will they be done by Sunday? All 3 of them are hard workers so I wouldn't be surprised at all. I stayed with Bill for a while before heading for home. I met R & A on their way back with the dump trailer.

I'm sold on the Carbonaut bread
but not this particular one. Either it is
very old or just not good toasted.
Frustrating.
I got caught up in some online stuff, one of which was a video my niece posted about Mike Rowe and his mom, Peggy. Hilarious interview with her and before I knew it, it was 11:30. So, I had lunch then and went out to see how much grass I could get cut. It was getting long!

Two more huge Hibiscus blooms.
No I'm not counting these, there
will be too many!
It was a disappointing lunch, the bread I had to buy this last time is not our favourite. It doesn't toast without falling apart so my tomato sandwich was unsatisfactory, the watermelon was on its way out so I didn't eat it and my Oikos 0% yogourt was blah. Not a great lunch at all.

You might be able to see where I
stopped cutting because of the
mower dying.
I went out with Gibbs and while he puttered around until he found the perfect shady spot, I got Sputter Butt out. We managed 12 minutes, yes, I timed it. I'm getting wiser and do the ends of the lawn first, in the small unreachable areas for Bill on the CC, and then just wait for it to die.

Hanging out in the shade with my
little man.
After putting it away, I was hot already so sat on the patio with Gibbs. There was a nice breeze, off and on, so it was comfortable until - you guessed it - the flies made a nuisance of themselves and chased us indoors. Gibbs promptly found a cool spot on the floor and I started my blog.

We walked to the mailbox
and our home was calling out
for a picture.
Bill, after some discussion between us, is skipping our C the A meeting tonight. He was going to go for the 30 minutes to help count $ & tickets but I didn't see the point. We'll manage without him tonight as long as he gets something to eat at Goodchild's.
![]() |
| Our Catch the Ace 'host' speaker is running for Councilman in this fall's election. Love the sign on his truck. |
I sat with Gibbs until 5 o'clock when I drove next door to see Ann. I needed more eggs and she also offered me some zucchini. Yum, I picked two, I like them fried or in muffins. Then I drove into Durham, stopping at Foodland for a couple of loaves of bread.

Cutting laminate on the porch
I love the porch!
Sadly, Ryan still doesn't have what we like in the freezer, so I bought some Villagio. Darn! The price of $2.99 ea. was great but the carb count isn't. It's probably why Bill lost close to 20 lbs. since we've come home. He has been eating only low carb bread every day.
I got to the Curling Club a couple of minutes before 5:30 and joined Brian, Kat and Bo to count tickets and cash. No winner of the Ace of Spades tonight but someone won $547 for having their name drawn. From there, I drove to see how the workers were doing. Quite a bit of progress today!
And zucchini

My supper was good
The tomatoes are yummy!
It was nice to see Andrew home after his 6 weeks in Greenland. All 3 of them were hard at it so I cuddled with Mildred for a bit as I checked out what they've done and then left to come home for supper. What to eat? Well, now I have nice bread, I made a grilled cheese sandwich. Yummy.
This was a good day. Mostly lazy for me but I did get some of the grass cut. Maybe tomorrow I can finish the middle, we'll see how Stutter Butt feels about that. We reached a pleasant high of 25.5C/78F and as I finish this post, the sun is dipping below the horizon. Pretty sky.

I knew from the clouds that it was
going to get even better.
Good night!
Thank you for stopping by.





No comments:
Post a Comment