Wednesday, August 12, 2026

A Few Town Errands

The Ridge

It was 6:30 when I first saw the light of day (so to speak). Bill fell asleep on his back last night, after we both had a restless start, so I put my ear plugs in. I always sleep more solid in the early morning with those blocking Gibbs and Bill's first rising.

One of 3 Good Morning
pictures.

I had to clean the Mat so got up, dressed, washed and was on my way out the door by 7:15. I was in no rush as I had to pick up C the A tickets and stop at the Bookstore for a fall fair booklet. First, a stop at the bank for some cash and a nice phone call with Bridgette. It's been a while! 

Two of 3 G
Good morning!
pictures.
4 Moonflowers today.

There was no one in the laundromat so my job was quick and easy. The best thing is that Gary had repaired all of the washers that had signs on them. Everything was ship shape again and I love that.

My favourite
Good morning picture

Customers have nothing to complain about. I texted Sandy to thank him and give his 'machinist/plumber' a 👍. Credit where it's due.

I love when Gary slips notes
under the door. It means repairs are done!

When I left there, I went to see Mark at Battery Pro and since I was in no hurry, we had a nice catch up chit chat. With a full bottle of water, I drove to Impact Tire and Paul and I talked a bit about him selling his home in Ingersoll. Last week, he asked me to spread the word. It was for sale for a week, and sold by word of mouth without a sign on the lawn!

The sky was this colour a lot
of our day.

Lastly, since it was after 9, I parked downtown to stop in to the Bookstore to see Nella for a booklet. Unfortunately, the store doesn't open until 10! Small town living, I guess, so I drove home rather than wait 45 minutes. Today was forecasted for unsettled weather (rain and storms) all day.

Isn't this a pretty field?

No lie there, as after I got home, it poured off and on for the rest of the day. I was surprised when Billy and Bill came up the lane before 11:30. The mud they'd applied yesterday wasn't dry enough to work with so their day was cut short. 

Back home, the rain did a number in our
laneway again.

I'd been preparing birthday cards, it's a busy month, for family. Bill napped for a few short minutes and then went in to town to work on the flooring in Robin's rental. He has a key for whenever he has time. He popped a card in our box on his way out. 😉

Dark clouds ahead of me on my
way home.
Sure enough, another downpour.

I'd decided to pop back in myself and pick up one of the fall fair books because I would like to see what catagories I could enter. I popped in to see Bill briefly and he was cutting laminate on the front porch, out of any possible rain showers. 

Mr. Oriole is happy I took the jam
away from Chippy.

I'm happy that I moved the Oriole feeder away from Chippy since it paid off. A flicker of bright orange told me he had returned. There's probably rainwater mixed in with it now but he ate for a while. 

Quick and filling.

Bill was home at 5:30 and we had a po-man's meal of Kraft dinner and weiners. He wanted fast. 🤷‍♀️

I felt bad to see the laneway was
worse after Bill left.

So, I did my best to rake up the dispersed
gravel and gathered some from our parking
area to fill in some of the holes.
🤷‍♀️

He made his lunch, we cleaned up dishes and he was gone back to town before 6:30. The sky seems clearer, some blue patches and even some sun around 6, so I'll go dump the water out of the feeder. Gibbs and I slipped out to do that and to stretch our legs a bit.

More bright red Dahlias

The red tomatoes are like a 
greeting. Come pick me!
So, I did, plus a few peppers.

It has been a good day, reaching a high of 22.2C/72F in between all the rain. The gardens are happy though. I hope yours are too!

A pretty but hazy sun tonight again.
Gibbs waits for my beckon,
Come, let's go!
Good night!

Thank you for popping around.

No comments:

Post a Comment