Thursday, August 20, 2026

Busy Morning! Nice Weather

The Ridge

On Thursday, Aug. 20th things followed the normal routine of Bill's work day. When I got up, it was about 6:45 even though I had to clean the Mat. I was meeting Trudy to give her the wedding card I made but not until 8 so dawdled a bit more than usual.

Good morning!
4 moonflowers

The gas price dropped a wee bit this morning but I was being stubborn and will wait until Saturday now. Ptooties is getting thirsty, almost at 1/4 of a tank, but she'll be patient. Diesel jumped overnight from $2.15/litre to $2.27! So frustrating, the games that are played. We are the pawns.

+ 1 Moonflower
by the woodpile

I met Trudy and she was thrilled with the card for her sister's wedding. I'm so glad. 😍 I was pretty much done cleaning when she arrived, so put things away and drove to Foodland to check on our bread and to pick up flowers for the bnb. No bread again, so I'll talk to Ryan, the manager next time I'm in. What's going on? It's obviously selling out.

Then I drove to Impact Tire for our C the A tickets and since Paul is on vacay, saw Jackie and Jay. I laugh when they call me Ptooties, it's special to me. I drove home and on the way, picked up some clean/dry quilts from Robin's to take to the bnb later.

The wedding card for
Trudy's sister.
I was happy she liked it.
Mushrooms, chickens and country
were my tips.

She messaged at 8:30, that the guests had left so that gave me lots of time to go to Williamsford. I returned home, made a coffee, cuddled Gibbs briefly and went back out to get it done. It was 9:15 and I was on my way back at 12:45. I stopped in Durham, this time at the Beer Store to return the cans I've collected.

Wow! There were 30 and only one was mine from making my beer margaritas. 😉 It was nice that the young gal in the store recognized my license plate and asked about Mitch. She called him Ivan and was sad when I told him he'd passed in April. She had a funny story to tell so it was nice to share his memory.

Lots of clouds this morning

We'd missed the garbage pick up in Williamsford early this week so I dropped some laundry in her house and the garbage bags in their bin for Monday's pick up. The washer was stuffed as was the dryer when I left. These 5 guests are staying 3 nights.

Back home, the clouds were trying to rule the sky and I was mentally trying to push them away. It had been a cool start, only 9C/48F, and we'd been unplugged all yesterday and all night. That's something we seldom do anymore. The sun did finally win allowing a few white fluffies to stay.

The back way to Williamsford
surprised me.
They had ashphalted a lot of
the rough spots that washed out
after every rain.

I had my quesadilla, minus egg again, for lunch and Gibbs and I went out to enjoy the day. I skipped the quilling today and enjoyed my book instead. Bill was home at 2:30 and he came inside for his snooze and then we sat outside together chatting about a couple of projects we want to do.

Gibbs was very content 
sitting on Daddy's lap

My cuddle bums

One was the drop leaf table, I had brought it out of the Bunky to see about sanding it. Once Bill started on it, he couldn't stop and boy is it looking nice! The table has a lot of 'bumps and bruises' (so to speak) but he thinks he can give it new life and a shiny (not so shiny) new coat.

I came in to start supper while he carried on. Gibbs sat somewhere in the middle, as always. 💕  Supper was pork chops in the oven 😃, corn on the cob on the stove and a salad. The dressing I used was not good so I didn't take any chances and through the whole thing out. I didn't miss it.

Bill started sanding our table.
I was quite happy to let him at it.
🤭

The chops were perfectly cooked, sorry you may get tired of hearing that, with no guessing and the corn tasted very fresh. Not bad for .34¢/cob at Walmart. Bill made his lunch and loaded the dishwasher. There were no dishes to do by hand tonight. The pot wiped clean with a damp cloth.

With the exception of my
salad, supper was very good!

This was a wonderful day. I made some cash, my sisters and I chatted about Ladyfest (which is just around the corner) and we spent the evening together watching a couple more episodes of Reacher. I finished the last rerun of Cross last night. 

Now, this is a memory of my
supper on Aug. 20, 2023.
Funny, huh?
Good night!

Thank you for your visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment