The Ridge
On Friday, Aug. 7th we were wakened by Bill's alarm. That seldom happens but there it was. He leaves for work at 7:30 so probably that 6 o'clock pinging should have just kept quiet for another few minutes. Obviously, both Bill and Gibbs were still asleep.
![]() |
| Good morning! Look at today's greeting1 4 gardens and Moonflowers in each one. First time in the rhubarb patch. |
I remained where I was until 6:45, after my normal 7 1/2 hours. 🤷♀️I do consider myself fortunate. Before Bill walked out and down the lane to meet Billy, I noticed a brightness coming from my small lilac garden. Two Moonflowers, right close together were in full bloom! 💗
![]() |
| A lot of clouds out there but on my way to Robin's, I noticed the sun was trying hard to appear. |
Then, in the garden at the end of the woodpile, a new bloom and finally, in the usual garden, 4 more. I was in Moonflower heaven this morning! Days with nothing and then *BAM!* I told myself yesterday that I would take advantage of our a/c if the forecast was anything like Thursday was.
So, after Bill left and I noticed no breeze and the sun trying to make an appearance (on a day forecasted for rain and thunder storms), I flicked the a/c on. I wanted to do some baking today, I wanted to try for some keto cookies. They never turned out perfectly in the convection oven.
This will determine if it was the oven or the actual keto batter/mix. First, I had my shower and then drove to Robin's, just a few kms away. I left her the backing cards and baggies for the earrings as well as a bunch of tomatoes and a couple of peppers.

Each time I make a pair,
they get easier and I enjoy
putting them together.
When I returned, I went through my last clothing drawer of the camisole-type summer tops. I wasn't surprised when only one top came out. I wear them a lot and have purged it often. I sat and read for a while and then it was time to make cookies!
They turned out pretty good.
Still a bit crumbly but that must be
the keto recipe.
We'll enjoy the guilt-free treat.
Bill's favourite cookie is peanut butter and he even likes the 3-ingredient keto brand so I made a double batch of those. They turned out pretty good but still quite crumbly to eat. The second recipe is a pecan cookie made with almond flour. I will probably like these better than he will, not a fan of the flour taste.

I finished up a greeting card today.
I think I'll write "Butterfly Wishes"
on the front.
These are experiments and I'm thinking it is the batter itself that prevents the cookies from hardening up like regular ones. Oh well, now I know. By noon, I was still working on the pecan cookies so had to grab a bite to eat.

When Bill and I went out at 4,
this little bird was debating the
plunge.
I'd cut up the watermelon as well, so with munching on the end bits, I wasn't starved. In between the cookie batches, I started my blog. Last night, Bill was about an hour finishing up next door so wasn't late getting home.

Waiting at the Curling Club
for someone with a key.
Together we watched a true story movie about Bart Millard. It was very good, had us hooked from the start with a few good actors. It's called I Can Only Imagine, we watched it on Prime. My cookies were done baking by 1:30 so I put stuff away, cleaned up my dishes and settled at the quilling table.

When we got home, the last little
bird was ready to take off.
So cute, already with orange feathers.
Gibbs and I went outside for a little run around and then I came in and made a pair of earrings. I posted on FB that I was having my sale on Sunday for a few hours so wanted to have enough flower earrings to offer.

This type of Carbonaut bread
is very fresh but crumbly when
toasted. It tastes good though!
Bill was home at 3 pm and at 4, we left to pick up C the A tickets for a Lion's member. Arriving at the Curling club just a few minutes before 5, we were first in the parking lot. We all breathed a sigh of relief when the Ace of Clubs was drawn instead of the Ace of Spades. Phew! We still have a chance.

Not as pretty as Quartzsite can be,
but pretty for the Ridge.
I will need to drop tickets off at Holstein General Store (& issue a cheque to the winnter) and drop at West Grey Premium Meats as well. I've never done that before! 😲 We were home by 7:15 and after a couple of Caesars, I knew I should eat something.

Catching a glimpse of the red ball
dropping below the tree line.
We agreed on toasted tomato & cheese sandwiches but I didn't feel very hungry. Bill went up to watch tv and after finishing my blog, I found something downstairs to watch. The weekend is here and it has been a really good day. I'm glad I had the a/c on as I was comfortable even cooking inside.
Thank you for stopping by!




No comments:
Post a Comment