The Ridge
It was 5:45 when I first woke from one of those sweet, refreshing sleeps. After a night where 5 hours sleep doesn't cut it, my usual 8 hours is just wonderful. I was in bed at 9:30 and in dreamland almost immediately.

Good morning!
Last night beautiful sky
and this morning,
a competitive entry too.
Today was a day off both jobs and rather than consider doing a craft sale, I decided to do nothing. I did shower and then nip into town to deposit my pay from Sandy and fill Ptooties. Our Journey rewards app was offering 5X the points today so I topped her up.
![]() |
| Maybe we're done with the Moonflowers. I'll start counting. |
On the way back home, I stopped in to say hello to Robin. It's always nice to see her in between her driving the Mennonites here there and everywhere. LOL

Cute little Mildred
Although she looks like she's
scowling here! 🤣
I had a bacon & egg tortilla for lunch and it was delicious.

Yum, it was good along
with my huge beefsteak tomatoes.
ðŸ¤
Then I went out and sanded the top of my little roadside find and painted it.There was one spot that was rough. I may go over it once more when I get a bright white spray paint, this one is what I had and it's a little more off-white than the rest of the cabinet. 🤷♀️
![]() |
| When K & K were here, they asked about my sign that I used to put out each time they came (for a laugh). I found it. No worries, they know which category they fit into! 💕 |
Bill pulled in from a morning of flying just as I finished. It was a lovely morning for whatever you wanted to do outside.

I wanted to admire these
Echinacea.
Their colour is fabulous!
He and Gibbs had their snooze and I opened my parcel from Temu. More quilling paper in 2 sizes, a collection of jump rings and earring fish hooks for my craft, a summery dress like one I have but a different colour and a multi coloured summer top. All for under $55. Everything is great!
An anonymous commenter
suggested this might be a Lavender
flower. I assure you all that it is a Lilac,
on it's second blooming.
It could be a Bloomerang Lilac,
or because of weather stress.
![]() |
| The 'grandchildren' are growing. Hard to see all 3 on a quick snapshot. |
Bill went to the Hangar and Gibbs and I went out to relax in my lounger. Well, he in the shade. I dug out my next book since I finished The Resurrection Walk by Michael Connelly. That one was so good, I was on edge. This one is an old one that I picked up at a garage sale and is proving to be a fun read.

Since supper tonight looked identical
to last nights, I'd rather show you
Gibbs testing out shady places to
sit when outside with me.
For supper, I reheated lasagna and made another salad for each of us. for dessert, we had fresh strawberries and homemade whipping cream. Yum. Bill went back down to put his planes away, he had one outside to be worked on, after he made his lunch.
![]() |
| This book was written in 1910 so you can imagine the story. Good night! |
We both enjoyed the day. I hope you did too! We reached a perfect 23.33C/74F today, warming up tomorrow.
Thank you for stopping by!




No comments:
Post a Comment