Sunday, August 30, 2026

Do We Need a Loan? (🤣🤣)

The Ridge

On Sunday, Aug. 30th I was up and in town by 7:15 with the dirty laundry. Dollar Store Dave was inside as was a younger couple whom I've not seen before. He was quite pleasant, she was non-descript, appearing miserable.

Good morning!
The overnight rain did a number
on my 1 Moonflower.
This was early too!

Hmm, Dave said after they left that he thinks they went camping and left their shoes outside over night. Both had shoes and sweatshirts in the dryer. 🤭 Woops! They had phones so obviously didn't check the weather reports. 🤷‍♀️

The air was so still when I left for
the Mat.
The flags were all wet-stuck to the
poles.

They were all gone and I was left to finish our 3 loads by myself. One load was towels and bath mat, since it was to be another 'possible rainy' day. It sure wasn't adequate for a craft sale! Oh well, I DID check the weather forecast so knew this last night.

No, not a homeless person's cart.
I won't even share how much this
all cost, trust me - a lot!!

So, I was home by 9, we put our clothes away, I changed out of my work clothes and we drove to Guelph's Costco. It was time to start the stock up for winter and it was that kind of day. Apparently, everyone else thought so too. Traditionally, it was jam-packed!

It was after 12:30 so we stopped
in Fergus for lunch at A & W.
Our favourite, Cheddar Bacon Uncle Burger
combo. The onion rings today were great!

We almost needed to take out a loan to pay for the cart full we had but there are many things we will not need to buy again for a minimum of 6 months, maximum of 1 year. We were prepared for a large bill, as it usually is. We won't need to go back this fall.

On the way home, and all day,
this is the most blue sky we saw.

Back home, in Durham, we fueled up Ptooties but our hope that prices would have dropped this morning did not come to fruition. Still $1.63/litre. Oh well, she was thirsty and took almost $75. We got the groceries put away, Bill found room for the bulk stuff and he and Gibbs had a snooze.

I noticed a lot of white
popping up in the yard and fields.
Should be called Fungi Alley!

Bill went for water at the Acreage and when he returned, we calculated how much toilet paper, kleenex and paper towels to take south. The rest will be stored in the Bunky in non-penetrable containers so the mice can't get at it. 

Different varieties too

For supper, since we had a big lunch, it was blt & cheese toasted sandwiches. Enough to fill the wee gap and they were tasty. Just one fry pan to wash by hand and a quiet evening. Last night I watched a rerun of Return to Me with Minny Driver so not sure what I'll find tonight.

My favourite is what Google lens
calls Spiky puffball.
🤭🤣
They are like yellow sponge inside.

This was a good day. By supper time, dampness in the form of a misty rain had moved in and that brought the temperature down. Should be a good night for sleeping again.

Supper.
Good night!

Thank you for your visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment