The Ridge
On Sunday, Aug. 9th we were all up by 6:30. I was in bed early enough last night that I was ready to get up. Bill was slowly getting ready to go flying but I had no where to be so early. After he left, I sat with Gibbs until 8:30 and then began loading Ptooties.
![]() |
| Good morning! |
I was in town by 9:30 and set up in the parking lot within 10 minutes. It wasn't a good day for sales, no surprise. Where are the people who say they'll be stopping by? Oh well, I'm getting a bit frustrated but the bottom line is that I'm not out any $$, just time. Thank you David & Kay. (store owners)
![]() |
| 6 more today. Wow, lots still to bloom. |
![]() |
| Gibbs still likes to watch us leave. |
![]() |
| This picture was in the split screen above. What Gibbs sees. |

After capturing the flowers,
the sun was in a perfect shot too.
I was home by 1 and Bill pulled in before I had even emptied the car, so our timing was impeccable. We had a 'date' to be at The Riverside Bistro & Resort for 3 to 7pm and not knowing much about what was required, we were there right at 3.

Today's harvest.
It was an appreciation dinner for the vendors who sell tickets for C the A and who volunteer for events. We sat outside and it was a beautiful afternoon for the gathering.
![]() |
| My set up for 3 1/2 hours today. At least I had a good spot and a good book. |
There was a small 3 piece band and they were very good, playing mostly songs we were familiar with or knew well.
![]() |
| At Riverside Bistro & Resort |
Bill and I had the fish and chips, recommended by Doug and Shelley, and they indeed, were great. It was a nice 3 1/2 hours spent with other Lion's club members.

1-piece fish was plenty.
They were delicious.
Gibbs was patiently waiting for us at the door when we returned home and Bill remembered that he needed to go to the Acreage and get water. Our reading was at zero, which is never accurate.
![]() |
| First time here for us. |
I made his lunch for him so he didn't have to and although I felt exhausted (from what?), I wrote my blog. This has been a good day. We started at 12.2C/54F this morning and reached a lovely 23.8C/75F this afternoon. It was mostly cloudy but pleasant.

The sun was spooky looking again
behind the clouds.
Good night!
Thank you for stopping by!







No comments:
Post a Comment