The Ridge
Thursday, Aug. 6th, I was ready and out of the Suite before Bill. Billy was picking him up at 7:30 and I left at 7:05 for town. Get in and get out. Only one customer that I saw today although by 7:20, at least 2 others had washers in motion already.

Good morning!
We're not done yet,
although the early rainfall
does a number on them before
I get my picture.
The machines had stopped when I left an hour later but still no one had shown up. 🤷♀️ Oh well, yesterday I messaged Sandy that I was away from Sept. 6th to the 13th and he would need to have someone clean for 4 days that week. I don't know who he'll get with Ron now retired. Not my worry.

1 in the small garden
and finally another appearance
in the regular spot.
Yes, Ladyfest is booked and in motion. Since it is booked by the week, we are taking the whole week since we have to pay for it. It should be a good week with the 5 of us together. Often, we just get settled and it is time to pack up, considering the outings we take part in.
It will be here before we know it. After I got home, I went back and forth with my sisters on Messenger. We all have notes and pictures from previous years so were filling in blanks for each other and will take our printed pictures to show. It is always fun to see our hair style and clothing changes. 🤠Fun and funny!
Yesterday, I didn't feel ambitious enough but today I went upstairs to the closet. Yup, purging time. I removed a number of things to store in the Bunky this winter and about 10 items to go in the clothing exchange bag. Now that I know Donna can take them for the interim, I will continue to purge.
Time flew and when my tummy grumbled, I realized it was 12:45. I just had a toasted English muffin with grape jam for lunch. I love them and had stopped buying them for a while. It is a nice change and the Orioles are gone so I can eat their jam. 😃That seemed to fill me with my coffee.
After carrying things out and into the appropriate bags, I had decided to leave the last drawer to go through until tomorrow. My neglect today was to pay attention to the temperature that was forecasted. I should have turned the a/c on as the rain had stopped by 10 and it got hot and humid again.

Our pond is almost invisible again.
I sat at my table and finished another greeting card. After selling earrings to Robin, I thought I'd made some more for Sunday's venture. It is supposed to be a nice day, so I'll take my crafts in. Bill was home by 3:30, which was nice, although they are working way too hard. HE is working way too hard.

I always liked seeing the Cattails
and still do.
Drywall, carrying it upstairs and installing it. At least they have the lift for the ceiling. He was a dirty mess so hopped in the shower first and then had a snooze. I wish he slept better at night but no matter what he does (afternoon snooze or not), he doesn't sleep well at all.

Our pond may not encourage boating
or toe dipping, but it makes for
nice pictures.
🤷♀️
For supper, I reheated the lasagna in the microwave. Too hot to use the oven (listen to me already!) and it took a mere 10 minutes to be hot enough for us. With our salad on the side and more watermelon, we weren't going to starve.
![]() |
| Today's harvest |
This afternoon, I raided the garden of all the ripe tomatoes and banana peppers. I'll take a few to Robin in the morning, she has no garden. Supper was good and we cleaned up both the salad and the lasagna. I have half a watermelon to cut up so will do that tomorrow and make more room.

The lasagna was pretty dry
but it was okay for the last night.
Bill loaded the dishwasher, I washed the casserole dish, he made his lunch and went over to Dot & Gord's for the final night on the basement. It shouldn't be more than an hour and then he can decide if we wants to start on their upstairs rooms.🤷♀️ There is a trade off here, to be determined, so he is gung-ho.
![]() |
| Now, if our Durham Fall Fair was on now, this beauty might just win a ribbon! |
This was a good day. It cooled off nicely inside around 4 and tonight should be decent for sleeping for anyone inclined to sleep. LOL, I shouldn't tease Bill, it can't be nice not being able to sleep. We reached a high of only 24.4C/76F but no breeze and high humidity.

The magenta ones are getting
quite tall but the red is my
favourite.
Gibbs agrees.
Good night!
Thank you for popping in.




No comments:
Post a Comment