Wednesday, August 19, 2026

What a Relaxing Day! Little Brother Celebrates

The Ridge

On Wednesday, Aug. 19th I was slow in getting up, just because I could be. It was 11 when I went to bed last night, so the extra sleep time was welcome. We sat and watched 2 episodes of Reacher's Season 4  last night. It is just as exciting, of which I am very happy. There are still 6 more before we're caught up. How did we get that far behind?

Good morning!
Last night, the sky might have been
prettier than this, but I missed it.

Bill was out the door at 7:25 to walk down the lane and there was no reason for me to go out yet as no Moonflowers were blooming. It felt cool and damp anyway, only 11C/51.8F, after a night of light rain. Now I'm being a wimp. Ha ha, actually, I did sleep with my window open all night and it was nice.

A cool, cloudy start to the day
but I'm grateful for the overnight rain
showers.

I didn't get up to much this morning, staying inside until noon hour. The clouds ruled the morning and a bit more light rain fell around 9 so I wasn't regretting the time indoors. Gibbs sleeps in all different places once I 'settle', so I sat at my craft table. 

He waits in the shade while
I walk the 25' to the mail box.
Funny guy.

I'm meeting Trudy in the morning so will show you her card in tomorrow's blog. I think she reads,  🤔, not 100% though. I did finish up the Anniversary card and started on the category of a Christmas card. It feels funny creating poinsettias in this weather. 

My special occasion
entry card.

I stopped for lunch, the same quesadilla without the egg today. Bill suggested toasted western and mini sausages for supper so I skipped the egg. It was still very tasty, and I got my dose of lycopene (an anti-oxidant). ((My big sister will be so proud I remembered that!)) 🤭

Lots of veggies almost ready.

Gibbs and I were surprised when around 12:30, Bill got home from work. They'd painted and needed to let it dry before they can carry on. It's a nice day for Bill to be home early. He ate his pre-made lunch and had his snooze with Gibbs. I went out with my book and soon was dozing in my gravity chair again! LOL

I've never had a red pepper grow to fruition
before. I think I forget and pick them too
soon.
🤭🤣

Bill went to the Hangar and Gibbs and I just relaxed for a couple of hours. My book is really hard to put down and I wanted to be outside rather than in. For supper, we had the meal I mentioned earlier. 3 fresh eggs in an omelet for me with sausages and Bill had his in a toasted sandwich. 

Apparently, these little guys recognize
us and don't always come just for the food.
I'm not sure he can see me though.

After clean up, he made his lunch and went to the Hangar. The hummingbird (1 or 2?) frequented both of my feeders. He/she drinks first by the kitchen window and then flies around for dessert at the back window. So cute! I'm glad they're still coming. However, the Oriole has vacated again🤷‍♀️.

When I came in at 5, he waited
outside until Daddy came up from
the Hangar.

I emptied 5 pails of rain water into my garden rain barrel today but it is still only half full. The plants are doing well and I used one of my green peppers and one of my Egyptian Wandering onions in the omelette. As Sue said in the comments, it is great to eat from the garden!

Yummy, and easy.
We had my homemade keto cookies
for dessert.

This was a really nice peaceful day. Today, 21.6C/71F is nothing to snivel at. 💕 

Last but not least, help me wish my little brother celebrate his 60th birthday. Still very much a kid at heart, Michael is enjoying life with his family in Cold Lake, Alberta.


Happy Birthday, Handsome!
Good night!

 Thank you for stopping around.

No comments:

Post a Comment