The Ridge
It was 6:15 on Sunday, Aug. 23rd when I rolled over on to my back and first opened my eyes. Gibbs was asleep between us and Bill was still sleeping as well. So, I laid there and planned my day, quietly. Gibbs did his little squirm a couple of times but I didn't acknowledge him.
![]() |
| Good morning. Starting the day with last night's mediocre sunset. |
When Bill woke and made a stretching sound, Gibbs was right there on his chest with hugs and kisses. It was 6:35. Good boy, letting the family sleep in. 💗 They went out and it was raining lightly so Bill stood under on the stoop while Gibbs did his business. He was back up in bed with me after his feet were wiped.
![]() |
| Two Moonflowers today I only see one more bud. 🤔 |
I was done sleeping, we had all crawled into bed last night at 10, but I still waited until 7:15 to come downstairs. It was dull, and rainy outside so we knew it would likely be an inside day. I never mind that, with my craft table right here. 🤭 After my tea, I hopped in the shower.

And the rains came.
Surprisingly, the laneway didn't wash away
as much.
Bill spent time on line in the bank and Quicken, reconciling our accounts and then paid our fee for winter travel. Good thing we save for it all year as it continues to go up. Can't stop getting older though so it is what we expect. It is an increase this year of around $840. 🤷♀️We need the insurance.
I worked on a couple of cd coasters and then started putting things together for the fair. Writing on my tags and packaging things up. I need to call, apparently, to get an exhibitor's # and ask a couple of questions about what 'regular classes' are and whether I qualify as a senior citizen = free entry. ??

The Richards family rested.
They slept and I read.
Gibbs is slipping off the pillow!
In the meantime, I made 2 more pair of earrings, just because. Bill and I had lunch of toasted tomato sandwiches (homemade vegetables, of course) and when the sun made an appearance, he went out to cut some grass. The rain seems to be done, lane (!) and vegetables well watered.
When he ran out of gas, he and Gibbs hopped in Black Beauty and went to town to get the gas can filled. I started supper when they returned and he went back out to cut the south (back) field. Tonight, I'm having Madame IP cook our blade roast with potatoes and onions.

I made these earrings a
while ago and what better time
of year to use them as an
entry?
I could have used the oven but she does it so perfectly in such a short amount of time. I'm not about to fire her, until I have to! We are connected to power today so no point in using the propane stove. I husked the last 2 cobs of corn for our side dish.
Supper was wonderful! Perfect Sunday night meal on a .........you guessed it, a Sunday night. I could have set the IP for about 6 or 8 minutes less and the roast would have been even better but with gravy mixed with leftover vegetables, it was yummy with leftovers. Gibbs even got to enjoy some when we were done eating.
![]() |
| Delicious! |
We cleaned up the dishes, Bill's lunch was made and the sun was shining. Funny, that at midnight, another round of rain showers is expected and into the whole of Monday. Brother! Once it starts, it doesn't know when to stop. Oh well.
![]() |
| The Hibiscus are going crazy now. |
![]() |
| Competition from the Dahlias |
This has been a great day for puttering inside and Bill got a lot of grass cut, including some of my area. 🙏 thank you, Sweetie! I hope you all had a nice Sunday too.
![]() |
| Good night from the Ridge! |
Thank you for the visit.








No comments:
Post a Comment