Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Summer Returns, Mom, Garden Clean Up Start


The Ridge
On Tuesday, Sept. 17th, Bill and I were up and at ‘em by 7. We didn’t need to leave for the Mat until 7:30 or so which left us both time to have a morning brew at home plus some food. We opted for toast, I felt hungry for some reason. Bill had peanut butter on rye and I had choke cherry jelly on rye. Yum, I so love this stuff! Then we took Ptooties in as she needed fuel. I started cleaning right away and Bill took care of topping up the tank before joining me inside.

The first thing Bill noticed, looking out the back window
Who knew spiders can crochet?
Jamie arrived around 8 and we all did our own thing. They may be done today which would be really good. We are away all day tomorrow and it would be nice to have Thursday for around home. I left them to it at 9:15 and upon my return, put the Angels Among Us puzzle away. Just one little piece missing so I marked the box and will offer it to Donna for their winter activity. They enjoy doing jigsaws too.

The second thing we noticed was the beautiful sunrising
 This is a beautiful day! Sunny blue skies and no wind registering on the anemometer. I got cleaned up and dressed to go and visit Mom this morning. I’m glad that my cold was like a two-day thing so I’m sure to be clear of a bug when I see her or other residents. It was close to 11:30 when I walked in to her room and found her sleeping on her bed. She stirred as I was writing my name on her calendar and my Mom greeted me just as warmly as I’d hoped.

And I finished it!
And no wind whatsoever
We had a nice visit, she seemed fairly sharp today with her long-term memory, and her spirits were wonderful! I walked her down to lunch and she kissed me multiple times and waved just as many as I walked towards the door. It was a great visit and I left with a smile on my face. I drove home without stopping (but I was going to) at the Mat to see how the boys were doing. I figured they had probably already walked down for lunch to KC’s Kitchen by then.

We had a great visit today
Back home, I had a nibble of cheese and some clementines and then changed into shorts (we’re wearing shorts again!) and went to my big flower garden. I love spring and the beginning of the gardens, the growth etc. I don’t feel the same way when it comes to fall clean-up but never-the-less, I do like the garden to be neat before I leave it to winter’s force. So, I snipped off the hostas right down to the ground and with my hand I broke the iris stalks and leaves off as well.

Lots of overgrown hostas and iris here
I don't know if you can tell, but it is all neatened up 
I know there are 4 more areas to clean up but this was a start. It was quite warm outside so I left it at one wheel barrow full for today and came inside. I decided to start my Blurb/Book Wright photo book. Because it was a different type of winter, travelling with our buddies, I thought it was appropriate to do one more. I enjoy them even though the site can be very frustrating at times to work with. So, I puttered away with a few pages and just after I poured myself a diet GingerAle Bill texted.
Pretty soon, I hope to see this bloom pop

It is so close
He was done work and needed a ride home so I left right away. I placed the drink in the fridge for later. After checking out their great job, we said goodbye to Jamie and drove to Rob and Pat’s. I had their Stag and Doe tickets that they ordered from Jess plus we wanted to take advantage of their unlimited wifi to download our 38 updates. That is the thing with new phones, everything needed to be upgraded. 😊

And this little moth was also on our back window
Pat offered us a drink for Happy Hour and Rob twisted my arm to have wine. So, they joined me. Thanks guys it was nice to sit and catchup with you after what seems a long absence for some reason. I guess we missed them. 

Just a few pictures of the finished walls

And it is looking great!

Back home, I felt tired and so did Bill so he kept moving by painting the hitch on his cargo trailer. Then he brought the closet door up for re-installation as it was dried. We hope this does the trick. It sure looks good again!

I need help with this critter today
Looked for him when I heard the shrill cry
But I don't know what it is
For supper, I made a chicken breast for me and a thick chop for Bill. I cooked corn in the inner pot on top and warmed up the leftover spaghetti sauce we had the other night. It made the meat spicy and I enjoyed it more than Bill but the chop and my chicken took a mere 8 minutes to cook perfectly. We cleaned up dishes and were both too full for dessert tonight. They were large pieces of meat.

It was delicious!
Good night y'all!
I fiddled some more with my book and then finished writing my post. This was a good day. Some work and some relaxing but most importantly, a wonderful visit with Mom. 

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments are welcome, as always.

12 comments:

  1. So happy that you had a good visit with your Mom. That is a Flicker Woodpecker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Contessa. It was a very short, sweet time with Mom.
      Thank you re the woodpecker too! I'm not up on my birds at all! He was very pretty.

      Delete
  2. The gardens look great and those are some neat pictures of the spider webs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mat looks awesome, , so nice to get the yard work taken care of a bit at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Mat does look awesome, nicer place to work in too!
      The heat of the sun helped to restrict me to one garden at a time. :)

      Delete
  4. Nice spider web and your garden looks wonderful. So neat and clean!! So does the Mat ... I imagine the patrons really love how clean it is. Nothing worse than a dirty laundromat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy. We seem to do well in things we take pride in, don't we?

      Delete
  5. I believe that is a Northern Flicker, a woodpecker as someone else has indicated. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Maebeme. I'm not saying I'll remember that but with the long beak I wondered about a woodpecker. :)

      Delete
  6. Glad your visit went so well with your mom! She looks awesome and gotta love that pic of the two of you! Dinner looks yummy and the mat turned out awesome! Bet you're gonna be missed for the time you're gone! Will he hire someone else short term? Gardens are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Loved the Mom visit. Jamie will take over cleaning the Mat while I'm gone, he doesn't want anyone else in there. :D

      Delete