Monday, September 23, 2019

An Early Departure, Quiet Afternoon, Being an Author


The Ridge
Bill and I were up around 7 on Sunday, Sept. 22nd and we could hear rain. Actually, a few times during the early morning hours we heard wind and rain. With all the windows open in the Suite, we slept well otherwise. Before Bill came to bed, he had pulled the awnings in in case it was windy. When we saw Jeff and Joan come out of the Bunky with Aurora, we knew they were loading their vehicle.

Aurora is ready to get going
I invited them in for a coffee so they put Aurora in their vehicle with her blanket. She’s used to that, travelling in the truck a lot to rc flying shows a lot. While drinking our coffees, we each showed them a few things on the laptops, pictures of Arizona and Graceland etc. They are quite impressed with the lifestyle we are living and soaked it all in. Around 9, they said goodbye and headed off down the lane. It was a nice visit but one day is long enough. We have things to do.

Saying goodbye to Joan, Aurora and Jeff
I debated going in to see Mom but instead sat at my computer and worked on my post from the previous day.  Then I puttered away on my photo book. I was getting close to finishing when I exited without saving. OH, MY GOODNESS!!! The air was a bit blue and I almost cried realizing that I’d lost 10 pages of writing and pictures. I’m sure we’ve all done it at some point in our life and it was stupid but I thought it was referring to something else. Anyway, I redid them to the best of my knowledge, saving each page as I went this time, and now just need to proofread it a couple of times and finish.

We all know what this is all about
They're beating us to the punch though
They came to the window to say s'long
In between doing those things, I made us bacon and eggs and I had a b.p. coffee. That hit the spot. 

Bill dumped the black tank and Gerry and Donna popped in on their way home from the Acreage to help us get our microwave down. It was easier coming down than it will be going up, so we’ll need his help again with our new one. 

Pretty but dead

so, out she goes
The rest of the afternoon was just hanging around, it got hot and the rain stopped for the rest of the day. I went out to the Bunky and stripped the sheets off the bed. Now the futon is set up as a couch again.

Joan gave us a nice basket of Niagara peaches
Before we knew it, it was time for supper and what I’d planned (warming up the leftover lasagna) needed a microwave so Bill took me into Durham to Snacks on 6. Rob and Pat said their fish and chips were very good so we thought we’d give them a try. This is a food truck near the edge of town. We each ordered one piece meals for take-out. They were ready in less than 10 minutes. Nice to eat back home and they were delicious! We’d go again for a fast dinner. 

Snacks on 6 - cute little business for fast food

1 pc. fish and chips
We cleaned up dishes and sat with our books listening to Elvis on Sirius XM radio. I was soon dropping off to sleep so shortly after 9:30 I went to bed. This was a nice day and we’re happy that our last overnight visits are done. Now we can focus on ourselves and the last things to do over the next month.

It was a tad windy today but my dress dried after
being rained on overnight
Good night all!
Thank you for checking us out today.

8 comments:

  1. How heartbreaking to loose all that work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We get some company and we enjoy it but....people do kind of think we don't have anything to do and we are retired like them. The truth of the matter is that we still work (building our house which is what we do for a living)and to take more than one or two days to visit it is hard to catch up. Not complaining but just a fact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand that for sure. It is nice in the early summer months but into September makes it more of a challenge to have the overnighters. Especially if they don't have their own rv here as the weather can be very unpredictable. It worked out this time so we could be outside. And we are retired!! and still have thiings to do. :)

      Delete
  3. You had a nice visit and now to get back to getting things taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure that saving thing has happened to us all. It only takes once to put safeguards in place. I make sure I save constantly now, even if the computer does it automatically!
    Changing out those microwaves is definitely a pain. I had it done in my Arizona house. The thing is, we really NEED them!!! I hope your replacement is in place soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy, the saving thing needs to be a constant like you said. Hoping the oven replacement goes easily too but expecting some challenge too.

      Delete