Tuesday, September 24, 2019

A Full Day Again, New Appliance #2, 65?! Rainbows Just for Me!


The Ridge

The rain and wind had us awake a couple of times through the night again but each time I was happy to be able to go back to sleep. It was 7 on Monday, Sept. 23rd when I got up. Hey! This is a special day! I left Bill in bed and would have to wait to get my ‘Good Morning, Happy Birthday’ kiss until I returned from work.

Getting close to London, I put my laptop down and took a sky picture
When we left Durham at 9 am it was raining
It was still mild but damp when I drove to the Mat to take care of business. A very nice lady, whom I’ve met a few times but can’t recall her name, was in there doing the sheets and linens for one of the B & B’s in the area. We chatted a bit while I worked and after helping another customer with change from the machines, I left around 8:45. Bill had showered back home so I made my tea, got cleaned up and we each had some rye toast.

You can see what we went through by the times on the pictures
The bottom 3 pictures were in London and the fog and downpour came out of a huge black cloud
We had called London Major Appliances in (where else) London yesterday and he had a clearance combination microwave/convection oven that he was holding for us. It was his last one at almost half price so we committed to the drive today. 

This is a nice bright open concept store
I not only miss the oven for cooking but also for the overhead fan, clock and light. It’s all what you get used to. So, I took my laptop along and finished a couple of late blog posts, as you’ve noticed, on the drive.

Then we went to CanAm to hand in the receipt for warranty refund
Seemed that we arrived in no time because I was busy. It was a bit of a mix up when we arrived but we ended up leaving LMA’s warehouse with a new oven etc. We drove directly to CanAm and submitted the receipt to Peggy who looked after an immediate refund. Awesome! We chatted with a couple of friends including Al in the shop. Bill needed some advice on installing the new unit as it looks like we may need to remove/cut some tile.

what a great treat this was! I gobbled my potato cheddar soup up and forgot a picture

Bill's yummy lunch
From there we went to Southside Family Restaurant for lunch since it was already 2 pm. Bill had a huge burger and fries and I had cheesy potato soup and perogies. This was delicious and a nice change from my regular choices. I enjoyed the birthday lunch even though it wasn’t planned as such. We stopped at a kiosk that we frequent in White Oaks Mall and got Bill a new wallet cover for his phone. $20! How good is that? Next was a quick Costco run for dairy products and coconut oil for Donna.

The journey home
Top right, the swans on the Avon River in Stratford
Lastly, a stop at AVF, the hobby store, and then we were on the road home. It was 3:30. We stopped in Tavistock for another quick visit (not at meal time!) so Bill could discuss his new job that starts a week from today. Did I tell you about that? Bob has his own small construction business and needed some help for the month of October painting in a nursing home. Bill was offered the temporary job and accepted it gratefully. Extra cash will be nice at this time of year. They tried to talk us into staying for supper especially after finding out it was my birthday but we held strong and left at 5:30, getting out of their hair.

Bottom left, individual wrapped bales looked funny spread across the field
like little packages
After all, we’d just had a nice lunch at 2 and weren’t anywhere near hungry. It is always nice to see them and both Bill and JoAnne got some questions answered from us being together. The drive today was very strange. We had sunshine, cloudy periods, dark sky and sudden downpours. It was quite warm though all day with humidity lingering. As we scooted through Stratford, Bill dropped off a usb stick with Jess and Easton that had her wedding pictures on it. I hope she likes them.

Jess and Easton met Bill down front of her place

Cuddles for the little guy
The sky was blue as we crossed the bridge in the tourist city but soon after, we had rain again. Nearing home, around the Teviotdale area we saw the most beautiful brightest rainbows we’ve ever seen. Getting a double one was an absolute bonus! Then dry roads and then rain again, crazy fall weather. Yes, I guess we are now into fall. September 23rd being special in two ways.

Humor me, these are my birthday rainbows
All day long, I listened to my phone ping and jingle all day long with birthday messages from family and friends. The best ones are the phone calls and my two children know how I much I value hearing their voices rather than just a text or Facebook message. 😊 It sure makes a person feel special when you see the 60+ wishes, not to mention the greeting cards that arrive in the mail, the old-fashioned special touch. When we returned home the rain had started again and we got the groceries unloaded.

Brighter and soon to be a FULL double rainbow
Now, where is that pot of gold?
The oven will stay in the hatch until we have made some adjustments inside and have help to get it in. She’s heavy! We needed no supper but had the last 2 pieces of our pecan pie. I’m happy to have that out of the fridge, no more temptation. We were home by 7:15 and quickly realized that the season of recording our shows on the PVR has started. This is the week that Tuesday and Wednesday become crazy with our favourite shows.


We watched The Voice and recorded 4 other weekly shows that had their premier. Yes, fall is definitely here. I couldn’t keep my eyes open beyond 10 pm so went up to bed. Bill finished his chapter in the Stuart Woods book and soon joined me. 

At 14, my friend Bruce took this one
A favourite picture of Bridgette and I
in 1977
This was a wonderful birthday. Nothing special and very busy with go-go-going but still great. I have no issues with turning 65, I still feel young and healthy. My daughter said she hesitated on putting my age on her Facebook picture and message to me but know I embrace each and every day, every birthday, every celebration.

Every day is a gift to enjoy
Happy Birthday to me!


And the rain welcomed us home as it  said goodbye in the morning
Good night
Thank you for stopping around for the event!

14 comments:

  1. A Nice Birthday day. I must say that I was very surprised to learn that you are 65. In this case 45 really is the new 65. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure sounds like a busy productive day for your birthday, Now at 65 more pension from the government. nice to get paid to get older. Amazing how your hair turned blonde as you aged gracefully. So true , everyday is a bonus for us that we can enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day, spending it with my sweetie making it perfect.
      The pension will fill in where my pension bridge drops off so very cool!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday! Mine is next month (66) and I'm thinking I want to spend just like you did...having a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Perfect birthdays are getting easier. Just be grateful for each day. :)

      Delete
  4. Happy Happy Birthday sweet friend! You certainly don't look or act 65 haha. Love the pictures of you when you're younger..cute! Gotta love dad's and daughters! Cute pics of Bill, Jess and Easton :) Lunch looks fantastic! Love GoneRVing comments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the wishes and sweet words. I don't know about the 'looking it' part but I know I don't act it. haha
      They are cute pics of Jess, her Dad and Easton. Lunch was wonderful.

      Delete
  5. Happy belated Birthday! What a full day you had, sounds like most of it was enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maebeme. It was a full day and a very nice one with my #1. :)

      Delete
  6. Best Wishes for a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY and many many MORE!!!
    Don in Okla.

    ReplyDelete