Monday, September 9, 2019

Busy Days, Stocked Up, Telemaster Weights

The Ridge
On Monday, Sept. 9th I was up and out the door at 6:45. Bill said he was awake when I got up but wasn’t sure if he heard me leave for work. The Mat was quick to clean but I took a little longer today because I wanted to wash some rags that Jamie had in the back room. They are starting to wash walls tomorrow and we ‘borrow/steal’ from the Lost and Found after a couple of weeks for towels and face clothes that get left. Often they can be put to use in the cleaning process.

Can you believe this sky this morning?
I was delayed because when I went to retrieve change from the washers, they were all empty. Jamie must have been in last night and then I remembered that usually Sunday night he does empty them. 

Very Arizona-ish
I slowed down enough to take a picture of the beautiful horses in the pen
Look at the back fence, looks like a deer, but it can't be real or I'm the best
photographer EVER!
One lady came in about 7:30 to do her laundry and that gave me the opportunity to get her $4 out of the machine to do a load of rags. They weren’t quite dry when I left at 8:15 but close enough. I took pictures of the walls before I started cleaning because soon they will be different.





These are for my record mostly
The brown isn't a bad colour, Jamie just wants to change it
I left there and drove home for a cup of tea. Bill was up and dressed, ready to head out. I tried to drink my tea quickly as we’d planned to go to Guelph, an hour and a half away, to Costco. Because it was a ‘zoo’ in London yesterday, this worked better for us. We left a huge chunk of our grocery budget at the store before fueling up on gas for ptooties. She got lucky with a great price of $1.05/litre! That was easy on he pocketbook whereas the 'instore' purchases - not so much. Now is the time that we start stocking up on a few things we like to take south.

A beautiful United church in Arthur
After leaving there, we stopped at a Dollarama where I grabbed a box of Baking Soda (you had to buy 6 at Costco – and even though they were ridiculously cheap at $5.49, 6 would last me 6 years!) and a couple of luggage tags for our carry-ons. Bill was still looking for small ¼ or ½ oz lead weights to add to the nose of his Telemaster to stabilize it. When you pick it up at a certain point on the wing, it should balance.

We loved this quaint strip mall in Fergus
After talking to a couple of his London flying buddies we had a new perspective. Not having luck at a Canadian Tire in Guelph, Fergus or Arthur, (these were all towns on our way home) we came home. We felt worn out! Driving and shopping does that to us. We put groceries away and I found temporary room for the bulk meat in the fridge. First a snooze and then I’d separate it into freezer packs.

they got a huge donation from us today

But we got really cheap gas
this looked funnier from a distance but all the blue bins lined up
looked like a new fad

Guelph water tower
Bill went into the Kitchener hobby store

I stayed in the car and refrained from going next door into this store
As you noticed, my blog post didn’t get published until just around 4 this afternoon but my excuse is just ‘life’. We’ve been busy and on the go for a couple of days. After the snoozes, he went out to put the plane together and I packaged meat and configured apples and other frozen foods to make room for everything. Don’t say ‘it won’t fit’ or ‘you can’t do it’ because I’ll prove you wrong in many cases or as the saying goes ‘die trying’ or end up crying! 😅

Arthur's town sign (on the way home now) is beautiful
with the large metal poppies

Bill left no stone unturned as he went in most Canadian Tire stores
looking for small lead weights
they had them but only for their own use and don't sell them
I had success and Bill’s choice for supper was burgers so that would remove a couple of patties and buns. I feel like having a bbq’d hot dog too and some fresh corn we picked up from the Rotary booth today. I’ll skip a bun with my burger. Maybe. I went out to help Bill do the test on the Telemaster. Boy, that sucker is heavy! The plane already weighs around 41 pounds and we still had to add weight to it.

quickest C.T. visits ever so I didn't mind waiting in the car
We were very, very pleased when, by following the new instructions Kevin gave us, the plane levelled out evenly and appeared almost perfectly balanced. Yay! We don’t need anywhere near the weight we first thought we would. This makes Bill’s life a whole lot easier, for sure. Mine too. Happy husband.....oh, that's wife. Hmmm. Hopefully soon he’ll be able to pick up lead for the last few ounces he needs and get this monster finished, ready for a test flight.

And I've missed this little guy
 I came inside and got lost in my book. I’ve come to the conclusion that I’ve read this book before but you know what? It doesn’t even matter. It is such a good read and I get a kick out of the ending so will finish it tonight. I’d love to see this performance on screen. When Bill came in at the end of ‘his’ day, it was 5:30 and we sat with our books for another 45 minutes when he decided to light the Weber.

He must've know that as he turned and posed for me
Supper was good. I’d cooked a cob of corn in the cooker thingy that Pat and I bought at Quartzsite last winter. It was a display for baked potatoes but the corn cooked, in husk, in 2 ½ minutes. That’s great when it is only one cob but when I’m cooking more than that, nothing beats Madame IP for me. We took care of the dishes immediately and decided we were too full for dessert tonight. I had a bun with my dog, just not the same without it. Tomorrow we’ll have to clean up the apple crumble though.

It was a good summer supper
I sat and worked on today’s blog post and Bill settled in his chair to read. This was another busy day for us. Stay tuned to see what we’re up tomorrow. Something new for Bill especially!
And the sun set on the Ridge for another day
Good night y'all!

Thank you for popping in.

12 comments:

  1. Lead fishing weights from Sporting Goods store

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another productive day you had stocking up and keeping busy. Nice that Bill can too do a test flight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very productive day! No test flight here. That will happen in London with his flying buddies one day. :) We just tested the weight levels.

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on finding space for things. If I want or need it... I'll find a way to make room for it...freezer, frig, or pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a nice clean laundry! I imagine Jamie is going to miss you.
    Love the town signs. I don't see those much in my California country.
    It's good we women are excellent packers, whether freezers or luggage!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will miss the job and my boss while we are away too.
      It is good we are great packers! :)

      Delete
  5. I agree with Nancy, Jamie will miss you while you are away this winter. As for the lead weights, you might try a fabric store. I believe they sell weights (not sure if they are lead or not) for holding down curtain fabric.

    Lots of driving the last couple of days! I'm sure you're both tired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Maebeme. I hope he misses me and will be happy when I return. :)
      Good idea, the fabric store. Hmm we'll have to try that.
      We have been going a fair bit and it does tire a person out for sure.

      Delete