Monday, October 7, 2024

Changing it Up, Gibbs Gets Ready Too

The Ridge

On Monday, Oct. 7th Bill was up with Gibbs at 6 when the alarm went off. No, he doesn’t have to go to work but he has a day out with one of his flying friends. They are going to a hobby store or two in Mississauga and the area. 😊 They will have an enjoyable day, I’m sure. I got up around 7:15 and Bill had the furnace running to take the chill off. I like that – a lot.

Good morning!
At our corner, the clouds
were looking pretty heavy.

Bill left at 7:30, taking our last garbage bags and recycle bins to the road for this year. I left soon after, dropping a few birthday cards in the mail box and then heading on to Durham to clean. My days are dropping off too. There was one customer inside but he was in the dark. The door was unlocked but the breaker switch had been turned off. ??? The guy was not concerned and was doing his laundry anyway.

At the highway corner, the sun
was making a valiant effort to push through.

I saved the day; we joked about the power I have! 😊 One other customer came in when I was close to finishing and I left her alone around 9. It was a cool morning and wet, light rain and clouds all around us. The dampness alone makes it feel quite chilly so I may be inside most of this day. It is also why the guys chose today for their trip, can’t work outside anyway.

I love this picture, coming back from town
on Baptist Church Road.

I sat inside with Gibbs until 11:15 when we hopped in B.B. and drove to town again. Gibbs had an appointment for his grooming. He’s so ready, his ‘eyebrows’ are almost covering his bright eyes. He’ll be so happy when he’s done! I returned home to an empty home and I never hope to get used to that. I love my boys being here. Coming up the lane with BB, I stopped and picked up some of the bulky logs from the trees and dropped them in the brush pile.

The big 'O' tree has a bit of colour.
Looks like it might need trimming again soon.

You know it is almost time to leave when appointments for dental work are made with Dr. Eva Urena in Mexico. 😊 We know when we’ll be in that area so I called and booked them this morning. Both of us get cleanings and this fall, Bill needs a crown. I think we can afford the $380 cost. We don’t have an insurance plan for dental or optical/eyewear so going to Los Algodones is a bonus for us.

Here is Mr. Gibbs after his hair cut.
All sleek and handsome.

Posing as usual. 

I made my bullet proof coffee and found something to nibble on for lunch. I wasn’t too hungry since I had yogourt and Rice Krispies earlier. At 1:00, I went back to get our new little boy. We have set up a bank account for Gibbs, so although it is expensive to get him groomed, besides being worth it, he pays for his own appointments! Such a handsome little guy again and the best part is that he can see clearly again! πŸ˜Š 

A pretty picture but oh, that wind is cold!
These flags and poles will come down before we leave.

Bill was home from his day trip around 2:30 and had a snack for his lunch too. It just didn’t fit into their plans for one reason or another. Mainly, location. He went out then and started bringing the solar lights from the buildings down and then he decided to cut the small tree down from out front. While he moved the 4 snow tires for Ptooties from the shelter into the Bunky, I gathered and dragged the tree that he just cut to the brush pile.

Down she goes.
It used to be a nice tree but
this Service Berry tree is useless now.

We also moved the shelving from the shelter (where the bike and Cub Cadet live for the summer) into the Bunky. With that all done, it was after 5 when we stopped and came inside. It was really getting chilly now, especially when we stop. I made my tea, even though late, and then we had fish and chips for supper with dump cake/pudding for dessert. We cleaned up dishes, ran the dishwasher and settled for the evening.

Bill is getting pretty handy with that chain saw!

This was a good day, one step further to departure. We reached 13C/55F, so if it wasn’t for the sunshine, I probably would have huddled indoors. 😊

Supper was good.
The roasted tomatoes are from Billy's mom.
I have a baggie to eat up and this is a great way!
We have more fish to eat up before
we leave. It is not allowed.
Good night!

Thank you for the visit.

2 comments:

  1. It was definitely a cool day.
    Have you looked into the new Government Dental Pln. You might qualify for it.
    Stay Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Bill are really good at getting ready to leave there soon . I had
    wondered if Gibbs would be having a haircut before you go south into warmer weather, have a blessed night -Mary

    ReplyDelete