Saturday, October 5, 2024

Laundry Day, Fall Colours, Special Visitors!

The Ridge

On Saturday, Oct. 5th I slept in until 7:30, which meant I didn’t get away from the Suite, with sorted laundry until 8. Woops! Good thing I am on my own schedule. 😊 Bill was up around 6:30 and left soon after me for the flying field. His flying days are numbered, not only because of the weather but because his friends, who have trailers in a park nearby, close up shop there and stay home for the winter.

Good morning!
It didn't take long for the sun to burn the frost off.

It was definitely a frosty morning but not terribly so. I’m glad I covered my tomato and pepper plants regardless. Our berm and the far-off fields were slightly white with it and Black Beauty’s tonneau cover confirmed it. So, it was a cold start to the day. The sun was beating down soon after rising and it heated things up quickly. 

The clothes would dry quickly (and they did). I was going to cut grass in my area but decided to wait until mid-week, it wasn’t really long yet. It could wait a few days and then it will be the last time this year.

Ch-ch-chilly

There was no one at the Mat, enabling me to do a ‘clean sweep’, so to speak. I was removing our clothes after cleaning when a regular customer came in. Enough time to say hello and goodbye. I drove to Foodland to pick up a dozen eggs, which we will eat before we leave or hard boil them at least, and then to fill our water jug. I stopped at the hardware store to pick something up for M and then scooted home. Bill was home from the field by 12:45 and we had our lunch together.

 

When I got home from town, I removed the tomato
cover
Look at that sky!

I looked out at one point and Bill was pulling on the small tree right out in front of the Suite so I took that as a sign to move my box planter of mint out of the way. 😊 We have wanted to get these 2 small trees out because they were bitten by a frost a few years ago AFTER they had started to blossom. Leaves are only at the very top now and last year one branch came down onto my new bird feeder stand. They aren’t very strong and don’t provide any shade anymore. Nor do they blossom.

After saying there were mostly browns here,
suddenly, colours started popping all around us.

I did some clean up of small branches and twigs from the big tree we took down yesterday while Bill cleaned his cargo trailer’s solar panel and straightened up a few things in the Hangar. He just finished cutting down the smallest tree I mentioned above when our company arrived. Bill’s 3rd daughter, Krystal, and our youngest grandson, Alexander, drove in about 3:30. We were so happy that we could all squeeze a visit in before we left. He is growing so fast!

They are looking quite lovely.

I had put a blanket out with toys from a toy box I’ve ‘created’ for just this occasion. We sat on it and watched the little guy, who is 16 months old, entertain us. He was more interested in his own tractors but that's okay. 💗 Gibbs is very excited with anyone arriving and Bill and I are timid of how strong he is with a little gapher walking around. So, we kept him on a leash until he settled down and eventually put him inside so we could relax. Alexander liked him but it was just what we felt better doing. 😊

Every once in a while, Alexander would get up and walk to their
car. Just checking, I guess. It became a game to him because we
all laughed and/or chased after him.

He had to go check out the twirly things.
Stepping carefully over Grandpa's tree branches.

Quite the little cutie.

They left after a couple of hours and it was a great visit. He is such a little character with the cutest little grin and chuckles. Okay, we laughed a lot. I remembered to get some pictures of the 3 generations before they left.♥ 

 

These are my favourite.
Beautiful pictures of Krystal and Bill
and cute little smiles from the little guy.

These were the more serious ones but
Alexander was getting tired of all the posing.

Bill grilled sausages for supper and we both had them in a bun to clean the buns up from the fridge. They were very good. It’s Saturday night, so following a tradition from years ago, we may even have some chips and cheese a bit later. Supper was early and we may feel like a nibble. No surprise that our clothes were mostly dry by noon hour so I would removed them from the line bit by bit throughout the afternoon. Soon, I won't be able to hang them so these nice days are appreciated.

All settled in his car seat for the hour long drove home.

This was a really nice day – again. Seems we are having a lot of those! We reached a nice temperature of 17C/64F, when the wind died off, in the sun, it felt warmer than that. Lovely.

A yummy sausage on a bun for supper.
Good night!

Thank you for stopping in.

 

1 comment:

  1. My goodness, that frost
    does indicate it's about time you,Bill and Gibbs soon head south for next season.I'm glad you are ready and will keep we readers informed about
    your adventures,-Mary

    ReplyDelete