Thursday, April 22, 2021

Changing of the Seasons – All in One Day

The Ridge

So, on Thursday, Apr. 22nd we got our nose rubbed in my ‘we’ve got no snow’ statement from the last couple of days. Yup, woke up to a dusting of white on the ground, the vehicles and the rooftops. It had to happen, I suppose, since it was bloody cold enough! Bill was up and off to work by 7. I followed soon after, getting up and making my tea.

Good morning, Winter

I first thought I’d leave for the Mat at 8 but when the snow blew in a few times, I decided to wait until closer to 8:30. Ptooties was a bit grumbly and so was her driver but since I had put my snow  brush in the Bunky over a week ago, I let the wind blow the snow off my ride. I did turn my seat heater on though and that warmed me up right quick and proper. There was only one customer and she was a familiar face. 😊




I did have to sit to admire Jack Frost's picture for a while

She was done within half hour and I finished up by dry and wet mopping the floor by 9:30. With the snow gone from the parking lot, the remnants of the winter left the lot looking pretty bad. Sand, gravel, leaves but worse than that, leftover garbage. A leaf rake would have worked well but there wasn’t one so I used the concrete broom from the lock up room. I didn’t do a perfect job as it started to snow again but I at least got some crap picked up and the rest swept to the edge of the pavement.

Driving into Durham, the sky opened up a bit

I had no other stops to make so drove home. The sky changed 5 times since I left home. I’d left the white Ridge and entered a green Durham. What a difference a few miles make. Today would not be a day for me to get out in the garden, that’s for sure, it was only -1C/30F. The sun didn’t stay out long at any time that it made an appearance but our expectations aren’t too high so I wasn’t surprised. I settled inside.


In town, it looked like Spring

I changed into lounging clothes and vacuumed upstairs with my small Dirt Devil. I had started working on another book. Not reading, writing. I have a book from each winter since we began travelling to the southwest so why should this year be any different? I worked away for a couple of hours, stopping at 1 or so for some lunch. A ham, cheese, lettuce and corned beef wrap. Heated just right, it was messy but very tasty.

Back home, I return to Winter

When I finished my book, it was close to 3 and I debated walking down the lane to check mail. I didn’t notice her go by so wasn’t sure if she stopped. The day wasn’t getting any better so easily talked myself out of that! Instead, I made a tea and sat and watched another episode of This is Us. I’m enjoying them and I’m very happy that our PVR was set up to record them when they started up in March.

My lunch at 1:30 was g-o-o-o-d

Bill came in around 4:30 and we watched some of the vet show that I had turned to. At 6, I started reheating the leftover spaghetti and the cauliflower rice I had in the fridge. I gave Bill most of the spaghetti, taking a bit for myself, and we each had a roll on the side. It was enough and since all we had for dessert was ice cream, neither of us opted to have it. 😊

Leftovers for supper

After dishes, I started and finished my blog and then sat with my book. Tonight, for sure it will be finished. Even though it was a mixed bag of weather today and very cold, we had a good day. Bill was tired from a long day of work but that is to be expected. Tomorrow, our expectancies ARE high, with forecasts for sun and a high temperature of 15C/62F!

And naturally, through a dirty window, the sky cleared at 6:30
Looking forward to tomorrow's Summer 👀😎
Good night!

Thank you for stopping around to see what we’re up to. Your comments are always welcome.

14 comments:

  1. Your snow sure did not stick around very long. I hope your Friday was a beautiful out as ours was.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie, we didn't figure the snow would last, thank goodness!

      Delete
  2. That was Mother Nature giving you a goodbye wave of winter!!! Sending you all the warm I can!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I think too! Spring is on its way, again. My arms are open!

      Delete
  3. Yo-yo weather, or maybe Mother Nature's mood swings? Hopefully that's the last bit of winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like both your statements. Yo-yo weather and her mood swings. She's entitled, right?

      Delete
  4. The weather was definitely getting back at you. At least you didn't get what Marlene and Benno got.
    Hoping you can now begin to truly enjoy spring.
    Be Safe.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just glad it didn't last, as it usually doesn't in April. :)

      Delete
  5. What a difference a little bit of elevation makes judging from your photos. The town all green and you had a dusting of snow. Lets hope this was the last one. Wishing you a warm weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! I do believe that was the last of it, winter, I mean. :)

      Delete
  6. We still didn't get it, but I bet you enjoyed today more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you didn't get the snow and Yes indeed, it was awesome on Friday!

      Delete
  7. I love the time of year when it snows in the am but by afternoon it's all gone! Your wrap looks yummy for sure and so does dinner..gotta love leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I prefer the time of year when we don't have the cool nights at all! :)
      Leftovers sure making easy meal planning! Yay!

      Delete