Tuesday, August 4, 2020

A Bit More Tidying, Cargo Trailer Re-Settled, More Groceries


The Ridge
On Tuesday, Aug. 4th I forgot that it was just us on vacation. When we got up shortly after 7 (my oh my, we’re sleeping in!) I went for my walk. I wore my safety vest as it was a dull morning, completely overcast. There wasn’t supposed to be early rain though so I enjoyed the 2-mile walk. There was a fair bit of morning traffic and I remembered that people were back to work today. When I returned, I made my tea and took it out to the King chairs with my book.

Made it just beyond Turbine Lane before I turned around
The book I’m reading now is Plum Island by Nelson DeMille. From page 1 it is really good. I didn’t realize or had forgotten how Nelson writes. I love his wit and the humour he gives to his main character particularly. I chuckle or smile a lot while reading it. Bill went down to the Hangar/cargo trailer to spread some more gravel so he could back Black Beauty up and pull the trailer out. He wants gravel under it too.

This was a hint as to what our day would look like

First new camera selfie
It took a couple of tries, having to move even more gravel out of the way, and he finally got it out. 

Bill backing up to the cargo trailer
With the gravel then spread nicely under the car shelter, he backed the trailer in. 

This wasn't going to work so he pulled out and moved some more gravel
My help was required just a bit to keep him straight and get the wheels up on the boards. Thumbs up, she was in place! The gravel will be nice for him when he wants to go to the flying field. He doesn’t have to worry about soft grass or mud after a rain when going in or out.

Hooked up, gravel spread and he's backing it up under the shelter

I was at the back making sure he was in the middle of the shelter
Then he hopped on the mower and drove over the gravel a few times before going to cut grass. He finished the lower back field and then cut around the patio area. We can’t believe how quickly it is growing. All this rain. Bill and I drove into Durham to pick up a few more groceries and he wanted to check something out at Home Hardware. Back home, we were on time for Happy Hour outside with Kim and Ken.

And voila!
Well, it started outside and with the impending showers, gusty winds and black threatening clouds we moved inside the Suite when we were getting chilled. At 6, they went back to their Journey and we started supper. Pork tenderloin was on the menu tonight and I’d thawed a small one today. I pounded it flat but maybe I shouldn’t have when I saw the result. I cooked some boxed stuffing in the microwave and some of the beans from Mitch.


All set
It didn’t take long to cook but I didn’t enjoy the pork. Bill didn’t mind his with sweet and sour sauce so at least he got a good meal. I ate the dressing and beans and put the pork in a container in the fridge with some dressing. I don’t know what it will be like warmed up but we’ll find out another night. After dishes, I set about finishing my blog post. 


This was an odd day as far as weather. One minute it is warm, then cool, rain, then sun but there was always a bit of a threat with the black clouds floating over and around us to the north, west, east and even the south. We missed heavy weather but heard of tornado warnings off in different areas of southwestern Ontario. It looks like this is the tail end of a cool front and we’ll be back into sunshine tomorrow. Yay! We have more company arriving just on time.

Something in the wet grass was very attractive to these birds

It looks great but I couldn't 'get there' with the pork

Good night!

Thank you for stopping by.

12 comments:

  1. I do know the satisfaction of having your rig under cover and on a good foundation!!! If it would just cool off here I’d be walking with you - virtually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try and send you a bit cooler stuff so we can 'walk' together. :)

      Delete
  2. You managed to get a lovely flat gravel pad done. Good for the both of you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoying your blog. Next trip? Kay and I spent 10 winters in South Texas among mostly Canadians and developed lifelong friendships. Safe travels and Godspeed.

    We migrated our blog from Blogger to WordPress: DunnGone.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! This lifestyle is wonderful and the friendships withstanding as we all share the same interests. :)
      I'll check your blog out. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. We were under similar storm threats yesterday so again stayed close to home.
    Bill did a great job with the parking pad.
    If you weren't keen on the taste of the Pork Loin try Horseradish Sauce. It works great on Roast Beef as well.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your visitors.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill says thank you. :)
      I think I shouldn't have pounded flat the loin but will keep the horseradish sauce in mind, we like it. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Nice to have a couple of weeks off, at least partially, to spend with friends. We're getting fairly hot temperatures again this week after a couple of days of relief.

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always enjoy hearing what you guys have been up to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you F.G. As you can tell, sometimes it isn't much at all!

      Delete