Saturday, August 22, 2020

A Leisurely Saturday with a Buddy Reunion

 The Ridge

What a beautiful morning we woke up to on Saturday, Aug. 22nd.  And typing that at this late hour of 8 pm, I just realized that today is my sister’s birthday. Good grief!! I’ve prided myself for sending cards to family on time for their special day, but this year, Michael's was late, now Aj’s. I quickly sent off a text to her and hope that she has her cell phone on. I got the pre-purchased packet of cards out of the cupboard and will still send hers along. I do believe in the 'better late than never' adage.

Happy Birthday, Audrey!


Heading out for my walk

Pond picture



And on North Line, I headed east toward our lane

It was already warm when we woke up at 7:10 and it felt great to have slept in. I dressed in a sleeveless top and headed out for my walk to enjoy the 17C/62F day. I felt like I needed to make up for a week of not walking regularly so went as far as the horse farm before turning around. It was a lovely walk and it sure was getting warm by the time I headed back. Today's walk was 2 1/2 mi/4 km so I'm pleased about that.


After saying goodbye to Rob and Bethany, they headed south

On my way back, I saw Rob and Bethany walking towards me. I haven’t seen them since before LadyFest. We chatted briefly and I left after receiving an invite for us to join them for a campfire sometime. Bill was down at the Hangar with his big plane. He had planned ahead to get it out today to make sure it was ready for its maiden flight. Inside, I made my tea and sat at my laptop to read blogs.

I enjoy having an area all set up when I want to paint
When this phase passes, I'll move on to something else
And I got a few painted today

I then went out to the Bunky to paint some rocks again. I enjoyed the time in there yesterday but first, I decided to hang a screen door. We had one on our patio door at the house in London. It has magnets on each side and Clemson used it when he needed to go out. We also put it in Bill’s cargo trailer doors. It let some air in but kept bugs out when he worked down there. Recently, he decided to remove it and I spoke for one section.

Checking out my 'new' framed mirror
We just need to attached the wire for hanging

The inside Bunky door needs to be closed to keep bugs out but that also keeps light out so with this attached, I can take advantage of having light without bugs. I'll include a picture tomorrow, it is all closed up tonight. I got a few rocks painted and then Bill and I had toasted egg sandwiches for lunch. We’d invited our buddies out for 3 o’clock Happy Hour and they showed up on time. It has been too many weeks since we’ve seen them.

Bill's Telemaster in the shade
A good place to work

We all settled on rum and Zero Coke and sat outside in the shade of our largest tree. Time flew by as we caught up on everything and before we knew it, 3 hours had passed. 

Together again
Lots of laughs

Rob obliged by taking a picture with me this time

We walked down to the Hangar and Bill showed Rob and Pat his big plane and cargo trailer set up. They left soon after and I did some more painting while he finished something on the Telemaster. We had grilled burgers for supper, mine in a tortilla. It was good and we topped it off with ice cream and fresh pineapple.

a burger in a tortilla

When dishes were done, I started my post. That is also unusual for me, I usually get a head start earlier in the day. This was a perfect day with the whole day to ourselves, doing what we want to do. The visit at Happy Hour was long overdo and we enjoyed every minute. I hope your Saturday was enjoyable too.


Good night everyone!

Thank you for your visit.

9 comments:

  1. Nice to have a relaxing day to do what you wanted including visiting with good friends.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That plane just fascinates me. I hope to see it fly some day. Your rocks are cute ... you have the perfect crafty setup!! Slow down on the walking though, you're making it really hard for me to keep up!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might have to come this way in order to see fly, my dear. It's too big to take anywhere with our trailer. Unless I got left behind! haha
      Seriously, my walking has been on the back burner since all this working stuff started! LOL

      Delete
  3. Great day! That pond is so picturesque and nothing beats a great sunset.

    Take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your rocks are so cute! Love them all, but the bestie one is just too cute! Great to see Rob and Pat, they are looking good! That burger looks awesome! Who said they have to be round?! Happy Birthday to Audrey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha thank you, Shirley. I gave the Bestie one to Pat. :) she is special.
      They are both looking great and we laughed a lot.

      Delete
  5. That IS a big plane. Anxious to read about its maiden flight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute rocks and you have such a nice area to work on. Was it difficult to keep the burger together with the tortilla?

    ReplyDelete