Sunday, August 9, 2020

Friends Say Goodbye, We Know How to Par-Tay!

The Ridge

It was nice to be able to lounge in bed a little longer on Saturday, Aug. 8th. No cleaning or work of any kind to get up for. When we did get up, I slipped on a hoody and went for my 2-mile walk. It was a beautiful morning, no breeze and only 12C/55F which is perfect when it’s sunny. I enjoyed the walk, nothing exciting to see but I got a good leg stretch.


I wasn't alone - the sunshine accompanied me

The beckoning tree on North Line

Back home, I had my tea and sat to finish my delayed posting, again. Bill called me outside at 8:30 as Marlene and Benno were packed up ready to pull out. We said our goodbyes and I got a couple of pictures of them before they pulled out. It was really nice to have them up here and we hope they return at another time. I do believe they enjoyed themselves too even though there wasn’t much going on this year. Another year, we could at least take them to our Keady market.

Goodbye Marlene and Benno!

Obviously, Benno said something funny here

After they left, Keith went with Bill to the Acreage to get a bladder of water. Kim and I sat in the half shade/half sun reading our books and chatting. When the guys returned, they went down to the Hangar and before I knew it the big red Telemaster was running again and it was touring around on the grass in the field. Yay! Progress! I knew Bill would be happy about that. It was pretty impressive so I took a short video for him and he can smile about it later.

The beauty who visited us

Keith got his drone out with the goggles
Now that was a neat 'virtual' experience!

It has its own landing pad

The afternoon zipped by and when 2:30 rolled around my sisters, Gayle and Donna plus their hubbies, John and Gerry popped over from the Acreage for Happy Hour. I had made some devilled eggs in Madame IP, cut some cheese, salami and radishes for a snack and with our drinks, I think it was appreciated. When they left around 5, we moved to the shade and it was just the 5 of us once more, like last winter.

The Telemaster takes a walk around the field

A few pictures of our Happy Hour group today
Far side, Gayle, Donna, Gerry, John

Kim, Ken, Keith, Bill

A picture from the berm (southwest)
The Richard's RV Ridge
By reservation and invitation only


At 6:30 or so, Bill grilled us cheese and bacon burgers and because we had no burger buns we had them in sausage buns. Was that ever good! The buns were fresh and I put all thoughts of carbs out of my head as I finished every bite. 

I'd do this again, it was yummy

We got the dishes done and Bill went out to get the fire going. Everyone gathered for our last fire together this month. Bill had the boys help him take the big plane apart and put it away.  At minimum, two people make it much easier getting that large fuselage into the cargo trailer – just so.

Keith brought a few fire crackers and set them off
That was cool!

We enjoyed another calm evening at the fire but for some reason, I was worn out and at 9 I was the first to say goodnight. I came inside and finished the last 3 chapters of Plum Island. It wasn’t just a good mystery; it was well-written with many, many comical things inserted into the main character. I loved it. This was a great day with friends and some of our family too.

The grand finale had Oreo hiding under their trailer
Good night!

Thank you for your visit too!

7 comments:

  1. I grew up where Plum Island was and knw all the area very well Great book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! That's exciting! I looked at the map often when he described the pork chop shape etc. I really enjoyed it.

      Delete
  2. Nice to have a relaxing day with Friends.
    Ne Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for having us visit and for your hospitality. We had a great time. Also hi from my friend Linda, who is a fan and reads your blog most days. She is the one checking in from Orange Park, FL. Her website: http://www.svdreamtime.com She cannot comment as Blogger doesn't give an option to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You two are so welcome, we enjoyed sharing the Ridge with you for a few days. Please say hello to Linda for me. I will check out her website.
      Take care!

      Delete
  4. What a lovely relaxing day, and your supper looks wonderful.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete