Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Let LadyFest Begin!

 The Ridge

Tuesday, Aug. 11th was busy enough even though you’ve heard me talk about vacation. We were up at 6:30 and just after Bill stepped out of the shower, I said goodbye and drove to Durham. The laundromat was empty but 2 customers came in while I was cleaning. I made sure to touch on everything finishing with a damp mop just before walking out the door.

My bags
NOTE: The blue Ikea bag is the biggest and it's 'get rid of' clothes



The sky was looking pretty dark to the west but I was hoping that Bill would still get a work day in. I know that was his wish too. When I drove up the lane, I saw that Black Beauty was gone for that was good. I’d taken a tea with me so I wouldn’t feel at all rushed when I got back. I was feeling pretty sweaty in the humid air so had a quick shower.


Bill said to have a long one and leave the water running as we had quite a few gallons of water in the tank that he didn’t want for traveling tomorrow although it isn’t far. However, I didn’t need to wash my hair again today so it was a faster one anyway.

I went to the bedroom and finished with my clothing, bath bag and to make sure I had all the charging cords for those must-haves. My cell phone, Fitbit, camera and laptop. We are an electronic/media society, aren’t we? I was taking my tripod but not my big camera. Thank heavens for my new little Canon, it will fit so we can still get a group photo. Then I checked and put away a few other things that Bill won’t need tonight so he has less to pack up in the morning.

Donna and Aj's contributions
Ptooties was loaded!

I was going to drive to LCBO in Durham at 10 but Donna said since we would be in Owen Sound this afternoon, we’ll all stop there. I’ll be picking Donna and Audrey up at 10:30 so will be one of the sole drivers this week. I don’t mind, Ptooties is a sweet ride. 😊 I remember when I rented a van and drove 5 of us to Montreal, way back when.  Often Gayle would drive through Toronto and she or Audrey would have to drive wherever we went in the big city.


So, once I was ready, I dumped my kitchen compost and then did a bit of a sweep throughout the downstairs. I’ve left it too long, what a slob! With that done, I loaded the car and checked to see if the other two were ready.  Gayle was also texting from her place to see when she could expect us. Soon enough, we were on our way to Chatsworth to Cedar Haven. We had many bags in the car, loaded to the hilt, so to speak.

Donna and I share this room

It was around 11 when we arrived and took our respective places in the room we will stay in. Aj and Gayle will sleep upstairs and Donna and I share a downstairs bedroom. Cathy was unable to come today but is planning on joining us in the morning. Gayle is a wonderful hostess and had picked up a lot of the foods that we all like to eat. I get to taste things the other 3 eat more regularly and decide what I like and what I don’t.

Our lunch spread

Lots of good fat here

We ate, cleaned up and around 2:30 drove to Owen Sound for S-H-O-P-P-I-N-G!! It is always fun when we all go together even when we separate for the most part once we get inside. Value Village meant a short wait line to get in but once in there, we were about 1 ½ hours. Today being Seniors Day meant 30% off our purchases and that meant a lot to our receipt totals. 😊 From there, I drove across the street to the Mission Store for more deals.

Thursday morning, we'll go through the exchange clothes


We have a crossword and a Scrabble game ongoing

We texted Wendy when we finished at the LCBO and after a few choices, we all decided on Kelsey’s for supper. We ate on the patio outside after our youngest sister joined us with Morgan, our niece.  The service was good, the food was wonderful and the evening was perfect. We must have been enjoying ourselves as we were sitting there for 2 ½ hours before parting ways. We’ll see Wendy tomorrow afternoon.


Chicken fried chicken, caesar salad

Back home, we were all quite exhausted yet in a contented way. We displayed and modelled in some instances the purchases we made today and were all in bed by 10:30. I’d had a small glass of Forty Creek Cream Liqour since as the D.D. I didn’t have one with my meal. This was a wonderful first day and I look forward to another busy one tomorrow.

Just missing one sister
Good night!

Thank you for stopping in!

7 comments:

  1. I remember the "Welcome" spread last year, she does an amazing job! What a beautiful kitchen! Too much fun you ladies will have together. Love the last picture of you all :) Little Morgan is certainly growing up beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we laughed when she started pulling stuff out because she said she wasn't going to get as much this year.
      We always have fun and I love that we get along so well. :)
      Morgan is a cutie pie and hardly says boo. I'm waiting for her to grow out of the quiet stage and blossom.

      Delete
  2. Wishing you a Safe and Enjoyable time with your Family.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having 3 sisters myself, it makes me happy to see you all together, well, sans the one that will arrive tomorrow. Nothing like sister love and laughs! Enjoy your special time together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do make a bit of a scene when people realize we are 6 sisters who like each other. :)

      Delete