Monday, August 24, 2020

A Bit of Work, A Lot of Relaxing

The Ridge

Sunday, Aug. 23rd we were in no rush to get up. It was after 7 when I finally made the move to get out of bed. There was really no rush to get into the Mat, I set my own times and today I just didn’t need to be so early. We sorted the clothes into 2 loads and Bill brought Ptooties over and put the basket in the back for me. He is definitely a KEEPER!

Caught the sunrise this morning
Getting later in the season so later on the clock

Check out Ptooties shadow and profile
She has Mickey Mouse ears!
LOL do I need a life or what? haha

Again no one there when I arrived but within a couple of minutes a customer arrived, then another a few minutes after that and 2 more ladies after that. It is nice to see the laundromat being used. They are all very courteous and move out after loading machines so I can do the floors. I finished cleaning before tending to our laundry and then slipped out the back door leaving it in good condition.

Yesterday, I mentioned the screen door attachment

Back home, I had my tea before hanging the clothes but thanked Bill for meeting me and carrying the basket up the hill to the clothes line. 😊 He has been working down in the Hangar, well outside the Hangar in the shade. He is enjoying having the quiet time to do little things too. After all the clothes were on the line, I went out to the Bunky. I didn’t know what designs I wanted to paint but knew I’d find something.

The magnets hold pretty good unless there is a strong wind
but it works great for me!

When Rob and Pat came yesterday, they gifted us a large salmon fillet. Oh my, it will be wonderful! I texted Pat for some hints on how to cook it since I’ve probably only cooked salmon (except in a loaf) 3 or 4 times – ever. With some ideas from her, I knew that is what we’ll be having for supper. I took the package out of the Bunky freezer so it would be thawed for tonight. Because it is such a large portion, we will only need to have a vegetable with it.

Looking out the screen door from inside
I love it!
Soon, this small homemade door will need to be replaced

Around 12:30 I came inside and made myself a wrap of meat, cheese, lettuce and tomato. It was kind of a ‘oh, I guess I should eat something’ moment. Bill had had some toast when I was in town cleaning but that was early too so I made him a toasted tomato and cheese sandwich. Using our garden tomato, yum, what a difference in taste. 😊

Then I added to my collection
The two faces needed to be touched up since the marker colours
ran when I sprayed them with clear coat
But I like how they turned out
don't judge please, I'm not an artist

The day passed by with us puttering around doing our own thing. The clothes probably dried really quickly with the heat and the blessed breeze. Without that, the heat today would have been unbearable. However, I didn’t bring the clothes in until closer to 2 and then painted some more before closing the Bunky up. I was running out of ideas to paint so will maybe be putting it all away in the next day or two.

A picture of the scraggly old apple tree behind us
I have trimmed it a few times to control the branches but
it has a mind of its own
It doesn't produce very good apples for eating
(and I still don't need any!)

I came inside around 3:30, after sitting outside with a diet Gingerale. The shade was nice but reading my book out there only made me tired. I know I dozed in my chair for half an hour and then forced myself up to make a cup of tea and to work on my blog post for today. I see that Bill has put his planes away so perhaps he finished the project he was working on too. He is planning for something on Saturday, which I hope pans out for him.

the salmon wrapped in foil

Bill came up after 5 and easily dropped off into a snooze. I sat beside him and worked on a Word Search. At 6, he lit the Weber and I prepped the salmon with butter, salt and pepper. I wrapped it in tin foil as suggested and cooked it, without turning it, for 25 minutes. It was very thick so I cooked it the extra 5 minutes. It was very good and done perfectly. I had a few pesky bones in my piece and Bill had 1 or 2 only. That just figures.



On the side, Bill had mixed veggies and I had pepper squash. Supper was good and we had a couple slices of pineapple for dessert. After dishes, we drove into town to the bank, to get fuel in Ptooties and to get RO water. The air is cooling down which is nice but I must say that we are doing pretty good for not having any a/c. We’ve been unplugged all day and many days this month which sure helps with the electric bill.

This was yummy - you can see a few of the bones I found
I remembered how we used to eat Daddy's trout and pike as a kid
so was very careful

The sky was beautiful tonight so after getting home, I went up on the berm and snapped some pictures. There wasn’t too much else today to take photos of as you can tell. We both had a great day and a great weekend. Refreshed now for another week of work. 😊




Good night!

Thanks for popping in!

8 comments:

  1. Your rocks are just too cute! You are an artist no matter what you think! Love the screen door, I remember a few years back they were really popular, saw them all over the place! The fish looks yummy (only drawback, it's fish) LOL.. Sounds like a wonderful day you two had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, an artist in my own mind, perhaps! haha
      You're funny but honest about the fish! :)

      Delete
  2. I have a hissy fit if I find bones in my fish. I choked on one once. So now I run my fingers down the side and grab them with a pair of pliers. Easy peasy. I love your rocks. One of my friends is now painting kitty faces, backsides of mermaids (no face) and flowers, along with lady bugs, spiders and creepy crawlies! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, one of my sisters choked on a fishbone too and it has put a fear in me too. I eat it like a baby, very very carefully if I think there are bones.
      Thanks for the rock comment. Good ideas!

      Delete
  3. Love the door. That works great for your needs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did good on those rocks. Nothing beats a great salmon fillet.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      Salmon isn't my favourite, but it is my sister, Donnas! :)

      Delete