Saturday, August 29, 2020

Weather Change, Bill’s Plans Change, Laundry Done Indoors

The Ridge

On Saturday, Aug. 29th we were up by 6:30 (one of us much earlier than that) and we sorted laundry and I headed into town around 7. Bill had already decided that his plans were changing. He'd hoped to go to London with his cargo trailer and planes and meet Keith and Ken at the flying field. Unfortunately, the winds were too high for any decent flying and that was if it didn't get rained out. Of course, he was disappointed as he has been looking forward to it all week. 😔


The Mat was empty and didn’t look too dirty but I loaded 2 washers with our clothes and then began cleaning, my usual routine. The floor just needed a sweeping and a quick damp mopping but the toilet was a disaster! I guess that can’t be helped.

The sky looked like this for most of the day

I was out of there by 8:30 with clean and dried clothes. The sky was too threatening that I didn’t even second guess how to dry them. I went through the sweatshirts and tees that were left sitting for a week now and brought what I thought my grown grandsons would wear. If not, I’ll deposit them at V.V. when I go next. I won’t see Taylor and Jake until the 19th but that’s okay. These seem to be good quality pieces and will be fine for the cool temps.


Back home, I had my tea and Bill worked away on doing the reconciliation on our bank statements. Then he got out the vacuum so we have completed a few jobs by noon hour. Somewhere in the middle there, we had some toast and rhubarb jam. I’d kept it in the freezer for a while as we weren’t eating it fast enough but I love it and the gesture from Rob to give it to us. Toast isn’t something I eat everyday so it lasts me a nice long time.

The tomatoes are ripening quickly now

I finally finished yesterday’s blog post as last night’s early bedtime prevented that. We did get a lot of rain overnight but I didn’t hear it. We both slept well. Checking on Avon’s latest campaign, I ordered some items that I like to stock up on while they are on sale. I’d rather be ahead of the game there and not run short of the products we like. Then it was time to plan for tonight’s supper so I got some ground beef out of the freezer.

The hammock was no match for the wind today

Bill went down to the Hangar for the afternoon. I found it chilly so kept windows closed and worked on a crossword and read inside. Around 3:30 I moved upstairs to the bedroom and turned on the tv. I know I dropped off a couple of times but that was the point of going upstairs. At 5:30 I came down and started to make spaghetti for supper.

I'm sure you can guess what movie we were watching this afternoon

I used Madame IP to sauté the meat, onions and mushrooms before adding the sauce. On top of that, I spread the half noodles before rinsing the jar with ½ cup of water and pouring it over everything. I cooked it for 8 minutes and then separately cooked some spaghetti squash in the microwave. I should have cooked it a bit longer since they were linguini noodles I used. Woops! With an extra few minutes in the oven, Bill was able to enjoy his supper.


After we ate, before dishes, we had a video call with Bill’s youngest daughter, Jess, Matt and little Easton. That little guy is always a charmer and made us laugh with a few words and waves with his hand. Such a sweetie. It was a nice conversation with the kids and after saying goodbye we had some cheesecake and then did the dishes. Bill went back down to the Hangar.

I forgot to get a picture of my spaghetti supper but here is the dessert
with one bite out of it already - Woops!
Good night!

This was a quiet, lazy day but not a very warm one. It got up to 19C/67F but we didn’t get any sun. Good day for me to stay indoors. Sorry, for the lack of pictures. A bit of a boring day up here on the Ridge.


Thank you for stopping in.

 

5 comments:

  1. Send some rain back west. We are dreadfully dry here in Southeastern Saskatchewan.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wind 1, Hammock 0 Better luck next time!
    I have not tried spaghetti in the IP. Maybe a very small batch might work. It looks like your cheesecake came out perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to have a slightly calmer day. There will be more days coming for Bill to fly his planes.
    The skies looked threatening until the Sun was about to set around here.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure wish we had some of your cooler weather and rain. It was 104 here in Texas yesterday.

    ReplyDelete