Saturday, August 8, 2020

Morning Job, More Company Arrives, Another Lovely Afternoon

 The Ridge

It was 6:00 am when I first moved and looked at the clock on Friday, Aug. 7th. Good, maybe time for a bit more sleep. I was in the midst of a dream, time with my sisters which is appropriate at this time of year, and I fell right back into it until 6:20 when I forced myself to wake up. Rising at 6:35 was still a real push and I told Bill he could stay in bed if he wanted.


Such a nice sky this morning

By the time I came out of the bathroom, he was also getting up. I had a job to do in town and he wanted to get the front grass cut as well as the berm area. At my request he did a lower cut up there so we could ‘maybe’ get a game or two of Bocce Ball in with our guests. Hmmm, I’m not sure that is going to happen but a least the hill is prepared.

Bill cuts grass on the berm

Marlene walks the pooches
Of course they find different directions to sniff

When I returned from town, Bill was still finishing up with the grass so I had my tea and sat to publish yesterday’s blog. It was small and this one will be too since we really aren’t going anywhere or doing anything other than sitting around with our books. Us ladies, mostly. The guys are taking turns down with Bill and sitting with us. Keith texted Bill around 9 that he was on his way from Aylmer so we knew we’d see him around noon.

A few pictures I took around the Ridge
The top 3 are from the back field looking east towards our area
The bottom tree is laden with small apples and my petunia filled back hoe

He had his shower and we had lunch at 11:30 so that was out of the way. When Keith pulled in with his cargo trailer (c/w bed and everything he needs), we greeted each other and it was wonderful to see him and Oreo. She was excited to get out and run around. I had little flashbacks (I missed them in the 70’s!) of our winter together. It was such a fun time with these guys.

A view from the southwest corner

Less than last year, but still missing the Aljoes, the Fonts and the Goodens
all who had other things going on 

The rest of the afternoon was much the same as yesterday. Lots of reading, moving our chairs around from sun to shade and back again. It was a warm day, reaching a lovely 24C/76F so we were grateful that the coolness was gone or at the very least delegated to overnight temps for sleeping. Marlene and I fed the Chippys as we sat in our lawn chairs and got some cute pictures of the little charmers.

More property views
Top right is the front field freshly cut

Around 2, Bill and I had the call that Black Beauty was ready for pick up, new certificate and 2 new front tires. We were pleased with the price and the service we received. When we returned, we were not surprised to find Suzie was here for an afternoon visit. She had informed us earlier that she was coming today. 😊 It was very nice to see her and she stayed for a couple of hours during Happy Hour. We all sat in the shade. During the early afternoon, Marlene, Benno and I played ‘chase the stick’ with Oreo and she got her afternoon exercise.

Marlene was pleased that Chippy took peanuts from her

Oh yes, he loved her generosity

Bill and Keith went down to get the Telemaster back together and I was happy around 6 to hear that it was running and running well. That’s about as much as I know, other than it looks good and Bill is happy for Keith’s expertise and 'hands on' help. 

Keith and Oreo arrive around noon hour

Oreo greets everyone
She's such a sweetie

I came in to rub the pork ribs for supper. The mixture is one with a few spices but we love the way they turn out so why change it? After Bill put his things away, he came up to see what he could do to help but I'd already lit the Weber.

Keith helps Bill with the plane

Suzie arrived to complete the Happy Hour group today
The ladies under the tree's shade

The men in the shade of the Bunky

After 20 minutes cooking and a 17-minute NR, he crisped them up with sweet and sour sauce. Inside, I put a salad together on our plates as that is all we’ll need. Supper was late but at 7:30 Bill started the fire for the rest. That is what is nice with our groups up here. You can sit around the fire if you choose and you can say goodnight at any time. There is no pressure and no judgement. We are enjoying the evening ‘campout’ part as much as the daytime ‘campout’.

Oreo loves to play

Supper was a delicious and with dishes done, we donned our long pants and met outside. Well, I put jeans on, Bill remained in his shorts, hot-blooded fellow that he is. He sat closer to the fire. 😊 

The Schneider setup

Yummy ribs

It was a nice fire and a lovely evening. No wind to speak of, bright stars in the cloudless sky. Our guests took turns heading off to bed after 9:00 and I stayed out until 10 before saying goodnight to Keith and Bill. I wasn’t ready for bed yet so read my book until 11. I’m enjoying this story.

As the sun was setting, pink fluffies decorated the blue sky

Such a nice fire it came out the top tonight
Good night!

This was another great easy-going day. I hope you are enjoying some nice days too. Your comments are always welcome.

12 comments:

  1. Looks like you had an Enjoyable day with all the Visitors.
    Nice to see Suzie again.
    Be Safe ans Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all have a veritable paradise up there!! I'm envious!!
    Enjoy!
    Don in Okla. where it was 102 today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thoank you, yes, perfect temperatures right now. 102? youch!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely day for you and your friends. I love the casualness of coming and going that you all feel... very similar to yur campouts with friends. No pressure. You had some great weather as well. I'm glad Suzy joined you too. I hope tomorrow is another enjoyable day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheri. The weather is co-operating and we are able to gather outside at will. :)

      Delete
  4. How fun to have all those visitors. Of course I love the puppies! Great looking ribs you've got there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having a great week, so lucky to have good friends. :)

      Delete
  5. Another lovely day at the Ridge. It's great you have the space to allow for all the RV parking. Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maebeme. It has been a wonderful week even though very laid back. :)

      Delete
  6. What a great day adding Keith, Oreo and Suzie to the mix! Your ribs look oh so yummy! The fire looks wonderful too. You are blessed to have such great friends!

    ReplyDelete