Friday, August 7, 2020

Slow and Restful Vacation Days, Warmth Returns, Plane Stuff - Short Post

The Ridge

On Thursday, Aug. 6th Bill and I were up at 7 even though we really didn’t want to rise yet. We had an appointment just the other side of Durham, at Pletsch’s Auto Repair, for Black Beauty to get her safety check. Paul said bring it for 8 o’clock. I followed Bill in Ptooties. We left the house at 7:30 and were back home by 8:15 at the latest. We each made our morning brew and Bill went to the Hangar to get his planes out and I sat and relaxed with my tea in the King chairs.

Following Black Beauty to Pletsch's
I do believe I'd follow her anywhere.😆

Boy, even though the temperature was only reading 12C/55F, it felt much warmer than that in the sunshine and I delayered a couple of times and moved so I wasn’t facing the east. There isn’t a lot to write about as us girls mainly gathered with our books and the boys helped Bill with his planes. Then they all had respective snoozes after lunch. Bill and I had grilled bacon and cheese sandwiches. They were nice for a change.

Every so often the planes need fuel run through them
so he got them all out and did that this morning


Supervisors were on the job

This is the pile of vines I pulled in 20 minutes

You can see here where I didn't pull them out
It's crazy stuff!

In the spring we thought this tree was dying
but it is happy now!

Around 4, we got together for Happy Hour and when the conversation wasn’t something I could participate in, I read my book. With a refreshing vodka and orange juice, the heat and reading, my eyes got so heavy I had to move inside. Of course, I wasn’t able to drop off but put my chair back and let the Happy Hour go on without me. 

The big Telemaster

The pooches see a chipmunk
Reggie and Elsa

Bill was back down at his plane, he’d had a mishap with his Telemaster without it even getting off the ground, so he needed to fix it before putting it away for the night.

Yummy grilled bacon and cheese

For supper, Bill grilled us some yummy garlic sausage and I cooked a cob of corn each. It was a very tasty meal and after dishes, down he went to finish up before he started a fire. 

Supper

Iffy clouds to the southwest

There was one point early afternoon when I walked down to the mailbox and then found myself pulling the invasive vine off the small trees and shrubs across the front of the property. There was quite a pile when I finished so I’ll pick it up tomorrow. Unfortunately, I didn’t have my garden gloves on so I could feel a couple of small slits in my fingers. Duh!

Watching the sun go down and feeling the cool air move in

Our bunny was back

About this new blogger - can't see where to delete a pix  !!!!!

Bill, our fire starter and it looks like our story teller
Good night
(I'm not happy with the caption part of the pictures either)

This was a nice day. Slow, relaxing and very laid back. Oh! I did stop in at Mitch’s to get some more pay. He has work lined up for me for Monday on another pick up truck so I’m glad I’m resting now. 😊 This is a very quick wrap up of our day but sometimes days are like that.


Thank you for stopping in!

12 comments:

  1. I wish they would leave Blogger alone or at least give us the choice to keep the old one if we prefer! Sounds like a good day to me. Love the supervisor picture :) The grilled bacon and cheese looks so yummy! Love how you have a fire and everyone gathers. We're hoping to have one tonight, if it cools like it did last night. We were just too tired to light one up ...enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Why they have to change things. I am getting used to it now and Marlene helped me to learn how to delete a picture. :)
      Those sandwiches were delicious and I'll do it again with the pre-cooked bacon.
      We are liking the fires even for a short time.

      Delete
  2. I went back to the old version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised. I am going to stick with it for now. The captions seemed to work on Friday's post so we'll see.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely day you had on the Ridge. The fire looks very inviting.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good day! I'm with you on Blogger. I'm quite frustrated with several things. I guess I'll learn it like I did the old Blogger. The problem is I don't know who to ask questions of now. We are all in the same boat. Enjoy the rest of your "vacation" and time with friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find our 'blogger' circle of friends are the best help so ask away! :)
      Thank you, this is a great week but we're still missing a few.

      Delete
  5. Just click on the picture and hit the delete key. It should go away. I can't get my pictures to center, nor are they the correct size! Grump grump grump ... why can't they just leave it alone? LOVE the telemaster. It's so darn big, can't wait to see it fly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nancy! That is what Marlene told me to do so that's great. I've had no problem with Friday's caption thing either. LOL
      The Telemaster will be a flight that I want to see but will have open fingers covering my eyes! haha

      Delete