Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Routine Life Again, Family Company from London!

The Ridge

It was 6:30 when I woke up on Tuesday, Aug. 18th but decided since Bill didn’t have to get up today, I didn’t have to push myself out of bed for a walk either. He took the day off since his daughter from London and 2 granddaughters are coming for lunch and a visit. My job didn’t start until 9 so it was a bit of a leisurely morning, which is nice for a change.

Mitch finished sanding and priming the tonneau cover
Nice job!

The air temp felt quite chilly at 11C/52F outside. Inside was warmer but it still gave me goosebumps. This is a typical August weather day; it can change at the drop of a hat.  So, we had our morning drinks together and then Bill went out to cut some of the front grass. I got washed up and drove over to Mitch’s. He had finished the fiberglass tonneau cover and said he could only imagine what I was thinking when I was working on it for 3 hours. It is tiring work.😊 

Our company arrived before noon
Inside because of the rain and coolness, Chelsea and Olivia
are all smiles

With that done he set me to work on the hood of the truck. I donned my gloves and mask and stepped up on an appropriate stool. It takes time but I managed to get a 12” wide area of the hood 90% finished before I left at 11. Bill had popped in to show Mitch pictures of the work needed on Mike’s work truck and then scooted home for his shower. I did the same when I got home. We were with a few minutes to spare when Charlotte, Chelsea and Olivia drove in.

I made sure that Charlotte didn't have a mouthful but forgot about Bill
It looks like he did - woops!

I got the hot dogs out of the freezer and the macaroni salad with added dressing from the fridge. We sat outside for a few minutes and when the clouds moved over and some raindrops fell, we moved inside to eat. The hot dogs were good and Charlotte and the girls seemed to appreciate them. She didn’t come empty-handed having brought some homemade tarts and peanut butter cookies from Anna Mae’s in Millbank. Yummy! These girls know their Dad.

The girls show us some 'magical' card tricks
And they are very good at them!

We caught up inside and Bill and I were subjected to Chelsea and Olivia’s card tricks. Or, should I say, the Claypole Magician’s tricks. 😊 They have not wasted their Covid isolation time at home, rather the opposite, learning new things and keeping themselves busy. When the sky seemed to clear we all moved back outside until once more around 2, the rain and wind chased us back indoors. Good grief! What a strange weather day!

Bill showed them his Hangar

They packed up and pulled out around 3 and I almost followed them out of the driveway to pick up some pay from Mitch. He had told me if the new clients from yesterday brought their Ford Edge, he would have more cash for me. Back home, Bill was having a snooze so I stretched out in the hammock for the short time that the sun was out. That didn’t last long but I enjoyed it while it did. I came inside and Bill was up at the computer.

Here, he is showing them a video of his big plane touring the field

We had to call our insurance company about a new windshield claim. Mitch, being in auto body, may be able to get us a break in our deductible at a nearby auto glass business so we’re going to try that route. I made myself a cup of tea after walking down the lane to get the mail and then settled down for what was left of the day. Supper was small with some macaroni salad and a chicken Caesar salad. We closed it out with the last two tarts. Cherry for Bill and coconut for me.

Some hammock fun while the sun was out

We watched NCIS reruns until the 6 o’clock CTV news came on. We don’t always tune in to watch but every so often check it out for the updates. So much of it is depressing and we never feel better for watching. We check out the weather and the changes in the Canadian dollar, things we are directly affected by. 

The weather is going through another ‘change’ with coolness for a couple of overnights before warming up again for the weekend. It is August.

The rain started when the sun was out so we didn't think it would last
We ducked under the nose of the Suite
Cutie patootie Olivia laughs at us all under there
Charlotte and Chelsea were checking weather or a text
huddled from the wind under her sweater

After supper and dishes, Bill went out to finish cutting grass. The back field and up around the berm didn’t get done this morning. It is a nice evening and this way he won’t have to spend his weekend taking care of it. I stayed indoors and got lazy. This was a nice day with a great visit from Charlotte and the girls. We had fun! I hope you had a good day as well.


Good night and thanks Charlotte for bringing the girls for a visit!

Thank you for stopping around! Your comments are always appreciated.

12 comments:

  1. I’m in admiration of your cool. 107 here. I’m so tired of being inside!! Looks like the girls had fun. I see smiles!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are finicky folk, aren't we all? Too cold, too hot, no in between! hahaha
      The girls had fun entertaining themselves mostly. Good thing there are two of them or they'd be bored. If it had been a nicer day outside, I was going to let them paint a smooth beach rock each but they didn't need to. :)

      Delete
  2. How nice to have company for a bit! How far away do they live from you two? Getting paid is always nice! Love your skies! The girls are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice afternoon. They live 2 1/2 - 3 hours from us. In London where Bill and I lived before. :)
      They are cuties.

      Delete
  3. Nice to have Family visit. It's fun watching the grands as they develop into young adults. Also nice that the temps are becoming more moderate.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The temperature still isn't settled though. Down, up, down and then up again. I think they call this August in Ontario, right? haha

      Delete
  4. Homemade tarts.... yum. I miss having grandkids that age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yum is right. Goodness, there are days when I miss MY kids that age! :D

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you had a great visit with family. We are in West Michigan now - not that far from you - wish the borders were not closed! We are loving these wonderful temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did. Wow, you are pretty close to us! If the borders were open, just another 4 hours to here. :)

      Delete
  6. The photo looking out towards the pond is stunning, great shot!

    Sounds like a wonderful visit, despite the mixed weather. Take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maebeme, the pond has many different 'faces'. :) And I love all of them.
      We had a nice visit for sure.

      Delete