Saturday, August 15, 2020

Going Home and Slowing Down?

 The Ridge

Friday, Aug. 14th we pretty much all got up around the same time. Well, within maybe half hour. Donna and I went upstairs and found Gayle and Audrey bustling around at a leisurely pace. Gayle, Donna and I headed out for our walk just before 7 and part way down the gravel 4B road, Audrey ran to catch up. She used to run marathons in Montreal so we were all duly impressed. So was she! She could still run comfortably.

Now isn't that welcoming?

Back at Cedar Haven, Cathy was sitting outside waiting for us after doing her own walk around the property. We puttered around, finished our Scrabble game and after getting things packed up (my, we all had a lot of bags!) loaded them in the vehicles and drove to Kettles, south of Gayle’s place. There were only the 5 of us for breakfast and we ordered Take Out and sat at their patio picnic tables.

Aj takes off ahead of us

It was a hot morning at 11:30 and a wonderful breakfast. I ordered the Kettle’s Benny (Eggs Benedict) with coin fries. No way could I eat near half of them so brought them home to add to last night’s leftovers. We said goodbye to Cathy as she would be turning off towards Teeswater. I drove Gayle, Audrey and Donna to the Acreage where their hubbies were all waiting for them. It is always nice to have time away like this but still great to return home.

Shadow Girls


We're pretty much ready, just waiting for Gayle to pack a few things
for the Acreage where John waits for her

After dropping them and their baggage, I drove home to the Ridge. Aaah, it felt good to set foot on home turf. I was so hot, however, in the 29C/85F that by the time I got the bags out of the car and inside the Suite, I was kapooped.  I poured myself an icy gingerale and went up for more torture. I hate emptying suitcases (another reason I love this fulltime life) but forced myself to get at it right away.

No more room in Ptooties


A nice choice at Kettles restaurant
Eat-in, Patio dining or Take Out
all at regular prices

I texted Bill at 1:30 to let him know I was home and by 2:30, he was driving up the lane too. It was nice that he got off early on a Friday. We caught up a bit on each other’s previous days and we plopped ourselves in our chairs and examined the inside of our eyelids, as Bill always says. 😊 Either before or after that, I went out and took 2 watering cans around to water my sad potted plants and up to the garden where the peppers and tomatoes for crying for a drink.

A wonderful breakfast

One little tomato was red so I brought it down for an addition to my supper plate. Bill had a sausage thawed so bbq’d it and inside I refried the leftover fries on the stove in olive oil. They were crispy and good and now I’ve had enough potatoes to last me for a month! 

Home sweet home

We cleaned up dishes and since we were invited, we drove over to the Acreage for 8 o’clock. D, G, T, A, G, J and Mike were all there to enjoy the campfire. It was such a beautiful night and we sat around checking out the stars, planets and even the air flights before Bill and I said goodnight at 10:30.

I had some of my summer sausage with my fries

It was a wonderful way to end a great week and a lovely Friday evening. I hope you’ve had a good one as well.

Heading over for a campfire
This is the last of the sun for Friday

Good night!

Thank you for stopping in!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the shadow picture! Too cute! You had an awesome time with your sisters and some niece time too :) What a great week! I can see why you're exhausted..vacation always makes me tired! Dinner and breakfast looked awesome. Those coin fries look so good! A fire a good way to end the night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recently I started keeping the left over fries and refrying them. Why did it take so long to do that? And a wonderful time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you all had a good Lady Fest. Enjoyed it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ... that's a LOT of luggage!! Not all yours I assume! Potatoes are my downfall. I love them SO much. Refried in a convection oven or air fryer and they are delicious! What a fun time you had with the girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to see you had another successful Lady Fest. Now you'll have to recover from it.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete