Friday, August 14, 2020

Day Three and On the Go Again

 The Ridge

Thursday, Aug. 13th I was the first to wake in the house at Cedar Haven. That never happens! I quietly stretched, slipped out of bed and went upstairs with my book. When I got into the kitchen and realized no one else was up, I worked on my blog post instead of reading. Gayle joined me first, then Donna, Cathy and Audrey. Funny thing – the discussion was about their smoke detector alarm going off through the night.

Just Gayle and I for our walk today

Weird. I know I woke up at 3 am and heard Donna out in the hall talking. I thought she was on the phone or maybe talking to Cathy and there was no ‘worry’ in her voice so I easily dropped off to sleep. My question to the girls was “so, the fire alarm went off but would any of you have woken me if there was a fire?” Ha ha, no one answered. 😊 Nothing happened that Gayle could determine so they went back to bed. It seems that I was the only one who had a good night’s sleep.

It was another glorious start to the day

Gayle has created a new garden area with cedar rail fencing

At 7:30 or so, Gayle and I went for a 3.5 km walk down the highway and onto the country road and back. We sat around together in the living room and the girls went through their clothes again just to make sure they were happy with what they chose to keep. There were a couple of changes but they were mostly happy with everything. At 9 or 9:30 we did another yoga class with Donna and today I opted out of a few of the moves. The plank is just something I don’t enjoy at all.


A bit of yoga

We decided to eat our home brunch again today and that will clean up a lot of the foods Gayle bought. 

Still lots of good choices for our brunch

At the end of LadyFest we usually all pitch in towards the cost. It was around 1 or 1:30 when we loaded the leftover clothing bags into Cathy’s vehicle as well as our few exchanges for Value Village. We’d also planned on some time at Big Bay for a swim and each took a bag with towels and water shoes. We wore our swimsuits under sundresses.

Wendy and Morgan waiting to buy ice cream

Then we headed down to Big Bay beach



I was in flat smooth rock heaven

Wendy and Morgan met us at the Big Bay General Store for ice cream before we all headed towards the rocky beach. They have the best rocks for skipping and also the best rocks for painting but you’re not really allowed to take any. Woops! I blamed little Morgan for dropping them in my bag. 😊 The clouds had moved over us but they were cirrus so didn’t block the sun completely. Audrey, Gayle, Donna and I went in for a cool swim but oh, it felt great.

Donna and Aj playing in the stones

Someone had to be first and it wasn't me!

Fun to see the families creating

We dried on our towels for a couple of hours, I think, and by 5:30 we drove to Elsies 50’s Diner for supper. Again, no masks as we requested eating on the patio. Our waiter was very nice and he took our orders by memory and was quite prompt with everything. I had fish and chips, senior size, the fish being haddock. It was good and many of my chips came home along with what Audrey didn’t eat. I’m going to try frying them as our friends, K & K, suggested. 😊



Morgan loves her critters

Cathy and Gayle in their swim dresses

The music while we ate was fun!

We said our goodbyes to Wendy as we won’t see her again. Morgan stayed home after the beach time and didn’t join us for supper. The poor girl has probably had an overdose of her Aunties! Ha ha. When we returned home, it was the earliest we’ve been back so far so we’re probably wearing down. The evening was quiet, I think the ‘masses’ were tired after their strange night.

The haddock was delicious


I worked on my blog post and downloaded pictures. It will get posted again in the morning before we head off to breakfast. This was yet another successful day with my sisters. Come tomorrow, we’ll be ready to part ways and chalk it up to another good LadyFest.

Donna offered to take a picture with me in it
Good night!

Thank you for popping in!

14 comments:

  1. Hope you picked up a pile of rocks!! Hard to find down here. The water looks cold! What a great day and ending with a yummy meal!! You ladies are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sssh! I only got about 10 rocks! teehee
      We always seem to find neat things to do. :)

      Delete
  2. How lovely to spend time with your sisters! I miss my siblings so much (all but one deceased and she has Alzheimers and hasn't known me for years.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear it is so sad to lose our siblings. We've 'been with them' our whole life.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful time you've had! Take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful day. Your dinner looked so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How clear that water is! Looks like a gorgeous day for you ladies! Love the license plates on the deck, except the CA one could go LOL. I don't even like fish but that plate looks oh so yummy! Elsie's diner looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The water was very clear and quite chilly until you were in for a while. :)
      Gayle and John collect the plates as you can tell.
      The haddock was good. That is a nice little diner but mostly we love the music!

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful tradition! I hope you did some stone skipping while you were there. Who won?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't stone skip worth a darn so since no one knows what we did, I'll say I won anyway! haha

      Delete
  7. The water looks so inviting, I really wish we had a good old fashioned Ontario beach here in Saskatchewan. I miss the rocks and all the trees.

    You had a wonderful visit with your sisters.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The water was cool and very hard to walk on the uneven rocks but we HAD to go in for a little while!! :)
      We had a great time together.

      Delete