Friday, December 24, 2021

Merry Christmas Eve

Pilot Knob RV Resort On Friday, Dec. 24th we slept in and even though Gibbs and I were up at 6:15, we went back to bed until 7:30. It was raining throughout the wee hours and as early as 7:15 it was still drizzling. The rain wasn’t heavy and I’m sure welcome around here. The winds picked up through the night but we are sheltered enough that our awning didn’t really flap until I got up.
Christmas eve morning was dull Rain on Christmas eve day. Well, we all know it could be worse or better, depending on your point of view. 😊 So, at 7:30, Gibbs and I went for a walk and were chased back home after meeting up with his girlfriend, Gabby, when the rain started yet again. I walked up to the clubhouse at 10:30 with a coffee and worked on the puzzle. Gayle joined me when they returned from Los Algodones. They had important business to attend to.
Gibbs was disappointed in the rain too Our Christmas dinner here in the park is put on by staff and volunteer regular elves for any campers and their guests. For $25/couple, you couldn’t ask for a better meal. We got ‘gussied’ up and because the sky was unpredictable, Bill drove us all up just before 2. We each took our own wine and toasted for the second time this season. I was so full that I had to bring my pumpkin pie back for later tonight. Oh, that was a delicious dinner.
A heavenly picture if I ever saw one There is talk of Christmas caroling later but I wasn’t into it after all. Back home, we changed and crashed upstairs. I think the wine had a lot to do with that for me but I know I dozed. Last night was a fitful night’s sleep for me, I was awake from 3:30 off and on and I’m not sure why. It will catch up with me. We won’t need supper tonight but a nibble of dessert might be in order.
This was a wonderful meal. Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, original bread dressing, corn bread dressing, gravy, corn casserole, rolls, fruit salad and pumpkin pie, peanut butter cake or fudge cake
I opted for the pumpkin pie and brought it home to eat The evening was spent watching Christmas movies. This was another nice day in our neighbourhood. The stockings are hung from the window with care so Gibbs hopes that St. Nicholas will find him here. 😊 Good night! Thank you for your visit, Merry Christmas eve!

13 comments:

  1. Wow what a dinner!!! Hope Santa finds Gibbs tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Patsy, Bill and Gibbs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Smokes! Looks like a great meal you didn't have to prepare, yippee. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the best part, that we didn't have to cook it or clean up later. :)

      Delete
  4. That was quite a meal!! Merry Christmas to you and Bill... and of course, Gibbs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dean and Cheri. Merry Christmas to you both as well!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Ha ha, nope, we learned our lesson with our first pooch. Gibbs doesn't get people food. :)

      Delete
  6. Did you get enough to eat? And Merry Christmas to you both!

    ReplyDelete