Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Feeling Normal, Shopping and Happy Hour!

Pilot Knob RV Resort, Winterhaven, CA On Wednesday, Dec. 29th we were realizing quickly that this month of the Christmas season was coming to a close. It seemed to have zipped by. I’d say that is a normal feeling for this stage of life that we’re in EXCEPT I remember our summers slipping by when we were kids. Hmmmm, I guess it just means that when we’re in the throes of living our life to the best of our ability, time flies. 😊 Not to mention the having fun part.
Gibbs and I walked east down the road and saw that glorious sun rise I felt better today, starting late yesterday, and when I woke (or was woken by Gibbs) at 7:30, there was no dragging when I got up to take the little guy for our walk. Correction: when he took me for a walk. ♥
Bill got this gift hung on the wall yesterday Yay! I was hoping I didn’t have a bug of some kind. I had my tea and he went through his latest ‘thing’ of not eating until we were both sitting. We headed into Yuma; destination: Yuma City Hall. Then, I wanted to peruse Ross’s again and Bill wanted to visit Hobby Lobby.
Morning pictures - this sign has been on this tree as long as we've been coming. I wonder if anyone ever calls this number?
The Ocotillo here is large but very brown still We took care of business there and were home again by 12:30 for lunch. Since we’d eaten earlier, we just had a sandwich/wrap. I guess taking the tree down will wait for another day.
The visit to City Hall was so Bill could get pictures of the Aeronca Sedan plane again
It's a very cool story from 1948. You can look it up by Googling City of Yuma Aeronca Sedan endurance record. I couldn't find one direct link or I would have included it.
After a nap and a bit of the movie Happy Feet, I packed our small cooler and drove to Ogilby Road for Happy Hour with our friends, Tom, Deb, Doug, Nick and Yuma. This felt good again, back into the swing of sitting outside in the fresh, warm air with great companions all of like mind. 😊
It was a nice drive out Ogilby Road.
Gibbs was hyper at the beginning and then again when Yuma joined us. Eventually, we let Gibbs go free with his leash in tow. Let’s just say he had fun as did we. We even got to meet friends of the Duchaines’, fellow ‘Yoopers’ Cathy and Shane. Another nice couple, enjoying the lifestyle. Gibbs took a liking to Nick, Doug’s grandson, can you blame him? Such a nice-looking young man.
We didn't mind being stopped by this speeding train. He was really moving with 6 engines
It was around 5 when we packed up to come home. Thanks for the Happy Hour, guys! Now, I’m even more ready for the desert life. 😊 For supper, I coated 3 chicken thighs and air fried them in Rosy. On the stove, I fried the last of the mashed potatoes and cooked some mixed vegetables. Bill had some fudge for dessert and I cut up a banana with cream and my baked oatmeal sprinkled on top. Yum, it was all very good!
It's always easy to find the Stinger B once in the right proximity.
Happy Hour!
This is my favourite picture of the day. Gibbs meets Nick. We watched bits and pieces of different movies. Hitch, which always makes us laugh, some comedy special with Howie Mandel hosting and I also worked on my post in between. This was a really nice day and the temperature seems to be on the rise again. When the sun shines for most of the day, things are looking up!
At home, he was so tired, he slept for a lot of the evening.
Tonight, we had a wonderful supper. Good night! Thank you for your visit!

17 comments:

  1. Aww its so nice that you got to hang out with the gang again. We miss you all!!! Keep on having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We would love to join you guys for happy hour in the new year, or you are welcome to come and join us ... the only problem is we are in a no pet section and I really want to meet Gibbs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would love that! We are here until the 7 th of January when we move to the Q. You are welcome anytime! When are you back?

      Delete
  3. Yup I had the exact same thought! Man is he cute ... Nick I mean ... he's going to be heart breaker. So is Gibbs when the girls come around. I never knew about that plane. What a fascinating history it has!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a cutie for sure. Bill f fell in love with the story and is taking steps to prepare to replicate it in an rc model.

      Delete
  4. Glad you're feeling better! I love that picture of Nick and Gibbs, just too cute! Looking forward to Happy Hour with you guys when we can get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. With so many friends not coming down this year from our home country. We are hoping and praying to meet up with as many of our American friends as possible. So, we are counting on seeing you guys at LA Posa South for a few Happy Hours too!

      Delete
  5. Good to hear you are feeling better. Wonderful you were able to spend some time with friends. It must have been coolish, I see sweaters and jackets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Maebeme.
    It was great to get a jump start on HHs again. It was 63F/17C and that was in full sun and a breeze made it feel a bit cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you've got friends to hang with out there. It looks like it was a nice day. Haven't tried frying chicken in the air fryer yet, you make it look easy (and delicious).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to have friends close by, we have missed our usual connection. :)
      Air fryer chicken is easy and the best way for us to cook it. Especially the thighs.

      Delete
  8. I thought Bill would take and interest in that airplane and to replicate it, that would be quite an accomplishment. Good that you are feeling better. These days if something is off we are wondering about Covid and its side effects. Stay healthy and a Happy New Year to you two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you know Bill more than you know! :)
      I know Covid isn't far from our thoughts either and don't you hate that? I'm happy to say that I just didn't feel good for one reason or another. ;)

      Delete
  9. How wonderful that you are getting to meet up with all your friends once again. Enjoy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete