Monday, December 20, 2021

Bill Goes to the Dentist, Bocce Ball

Pilot Knov RV Resort On Monday, Dec.20th Bill had his alarm set for 7:00 but we were all awake before it was ready to go off anyway. Gibbs and I went for a walk, a shorter one today, while Bill got washed and ready for his appointment at 8:30. He was on his way by 8, headed to Los Algodones to Dr. Eva Urena’s office.
A few pictures from our walk this morning. Frontage Rd. is just below the Interstate 8W We’d decided yesterday that there really wasn’t any point in me going along, just to sit around while he was in for the morning. I don’t wander at L.A. by myself and with the extra expenditures for teeth, we didn’t want to spend anything else anyway. So, instead, I stayed with Gibbs and had a cup of tea before walking up to play Bocce Ball with the gang at 9:30. They all asked about Bill. 😊
Across the road, the Chapel on the Hill of Prayer, Felicity It was another great turnout and although the day started at a cool 41F/5C, we were all soon shedding some outer layers. I was down to sleeveless by the time we stopped at 11:30. Finally, the last game, Eddie and I won one. I was keeping an eye on the time, expecting a text around 12:30 from my sweetie that he was back in the U.S. I figured he’d be hungry but wasn’t sure how much he’d feel like eating so thawed the baby sausage in preparation.
I changed into shorts and Gibbs and I went outside to sit and wait. The flies weren’t as bad today but still present. It was 1:20 when Bill texted that he’d left the dentist office and that there was quite a line up to cross back over. LOL It is 2:45 and I’m still waiting to hear that he made it across. That line up can be 1 – 2 – 3 hours long. He’ll certainly be worn out by the time he gets home. I had a nibble of my cheesecake squares since I hadn’t eaten anything yet.
Each year, we say we're going across to the History of Granite Museum, which is at The Centre of the World. I think this year, we'll make it. I was relieved when an hour later, he had crossed the border and was on his way home. I got a can of soup out for him and within 15 minutes he was home. Gibbs gave him a traditional “I missed you so much, Daddy” greeting and he had a bowl of tomato soup while filling me in on his morning. It wasn’t as bad as it could have been, just different than we expected. He has to go back in the morning to get his denture and that should be it this year! 😊
It looks like someone left this behind when they left their site. It's a brick slab and kinda neat that the park left it there. While waiting for him, I cooked a rack of ribs in Madame IP. We will keep them for when my sister arrives and reheat them on the Weber. I also cooked hamburger on the stove and added the sauce w/sliced red and yellow peppers from the other night. It needs to be eaten. Bill might still just want soup tonight, we’ll see. He had a tooth pulled.
Sloppy Joes As it turned out, we all felt tired and Bill slept for a good long time in his chair. Gibbs dozed on the floor and on the bed with me. I was surprised that I dropped off but on the other hand, I was a bit worried about him and how long it was taking. By 6:15, I was getting very hungry so reheated the hamburger sauce and we toasted buns. Sloppy Joes it was and they were delicious! After dishes, we watched tv and it was another relaxing evening. 😊
Gibbs missed his Daddy today ♥ Thank you for stopping by.

10 comments:

  1. Glad the dental stuff is over for Bill. Nick and I went to the store today and Yuma almost killed us when we got home. You would have thought we'd been gone weeks 😀 I'm sure Gibbs missed his Daddy. I'm ready for some yummy ribs 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Us too!! I'll bet you were gone a long time. There are so many places to shop!
      I hope I have enough ribs. :)

      Delete
  2. Glad that the visit to the dentist went well. I am sorry that he has to go again this morning though.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dentists are definitely not fun!! I'm rather surprised at the long border wait. Those pups ... they miss us, which is probably why we love them so much!! So now I have all the envy ... how do you do all that cooking in a fifth wheel? I know you are plugged in now .... I guess it's the solar. Bill and I need to talk again!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently, things are back to normal at the border, eh? Many people who go over, stay to eat and drink at noon. :)
      I'm doing all the cooking now as we're plugged in. Not using solar at all. In the desert, I'll still bake and use appliances but if it is late in the day, the generator will be running. :)

      Delete
  4. Gibbs makes quite the pillow. What a sweetie!

    Good to hear the dental appointment went reasonably well. Hope the return trip is shorter this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We laugh at how Gibbs settles up behind Bill like that. He is a sweetie for sure. ♥
      Thank you, yes, this morning's appt. was much shorter so I went along.

      Delete
  5. You picked the perfect card for me Patsy!

    ReplyDelete