Friday, December 10, 2021

Poker Pool and Time to Decorate!

Pilot Knov RV Resort, Winterhaven, CA

On Friday, Dec. 10th we slept in. Bill took Gibbs out at 6:30 and then we all went back to sleep until 8. My goodness, these late nights! 😊 Bill made his coffee and we gave Gibbs his breakfast. He took a mouthful and then came and sat with me. Oh, no worries, he is fine, but he knew that I wasn’t making my tea, meaning I was going somewhere. Smart little bum.

Gibbs and I went for our morning walk

Look at that clear sky
The mountains behind us and the sand dunes look
like they are 'just over there'

So, I put my shoes on and he and I went for our walk to the field. When we returned, he finished eating and I had my tea and some yogourt. Bill ate as well and then drove into Yuma. He needed fuel for Black Beauty plus a quick wash to get some of the lingering Quartzsite dust off for the time being. We also needed coffee and cheese so he popped into Sam’s Club for those items. I stayed behind as I had a date with the ladies!

There were 6 of us playing today

Ladies Poker Pool was on at 10 in the clubhouse pool room. It doesn’t cost anything to play (or I wouldn’t go) except a few embarrassing moments for me as I try to remember the rules. 😉 We played until just after 12 and I walked home, happy that I wasn’t the ‘Biggest Loser’ today. That was fun! I reunited with Allie and Diane from 2 years ago but missed Mary. They must be away.

Got the back window decorated
and our stockings hung

The entertainment centre decorated

Bill was home when I returned and made my coffee. We agreed on getting our own lunch, I just don’t have the taste for bacon and eggs every day and Bill is on board with that. He made an egg salad sandwich and I had a cup of noodle soup. Today, was the day I (we) planned to decorate the Suite so he got our tree out from under the bed and the box of decorations. Yay!

O' Christmas Tree
O' Christmas Tree

While he worked outside, putting lights around our lovely tree and hanging those ornaments, I did the inside. Decorating the tree is never something we do together. I’m not sure why but that is when I feel a longing for the times when my children helped adorn the tree. I was a bit concerned about how our new member of the family would accept the new look in the house.

Something to remember our time
at Picacho Peak

Nancy 'sneakily' gave us this bulb
that I liked ♥

It appears that I needn’t have worried, he is so far totally indifferent to it. After that initial look of ‘why is there a tree in the house look’, he shows no interest. I’ll let you know if that changes as time goes on. Today is a cooler day, only 66F/19C for the high and even though we had full sun for part of the day, the clouds moved in by 2 and with it, the temperature. With a low of 46F/8C tonight, we may be leaving the fireplace on when we go to bed.

Gibbs didn't really seem interested
in the tree

Other than wondering why the tree
was in the living room.........
he's showing me that he is a good boy


While I decorate, playing our Christmas cd’s is a must. These are the songs I love by Bing Crosby, Louis Armstrong, etc. and then ending with what may now be my favourite seasonal cd, Scott Woods, our fiddle-playing friend from back home. 😊 At 4:45 we walked up to the clubhouse for supper. $6 for a cheeseburger, beans, chips, pear crumble and a drink. Wonderful! The best thing was that we reunited with some dear friends.

At supper, four ladies, three old friends served us our meals
L to R: new friend, Renee, Barb, Debbie, Mary

Walking in and seeing Barb, Debbie and then Gordon was one of the best parts of the day. Getting those hugs meant the world to both of us. We chatted with Barb after the meal and caught up on all of the friends, some present, some not coming, and others expected. She asked about some of you whom they got to know but couldn’t remember all the names. Rob, Pat, Kim and Karaoke Ken. 😊 We sure wish you guys were all here.

I almost forgot the picture!

We walked back home with new friends, Jack and Renee from east of Edmonton, AB. It is always great to meet others from other parts of the world but having the same bond with other Canadians is just as nice. We fed Gibbs and Bill had one of his movies on downstairs so I brought my laptop upstairs with the pooch and watched the last half of Sully while finishing my blog. This has been a great day! Our lights look awesome!

The sky was beautiful to the west
as we walked back through the park
to our trailers
Good night!

P.S. - for those wondering, Pilot Knob Resort has new owners, since our last spring here in 2020, and new managers with some new staff. We are seeing a few regulars, which is like a reunion for us, and it seems that the young couple, Josh and Shanell are doing a good job keeping the place running close to the way Joe and Cathy did, and they seem to be very likeable. This is all good news, we'll definitely be back. 😄

Thank you for your visit.

15 comments:

  1. Amazing how our pets can read us so well. Gibbs looks so cute looking out the window. Lots of Christmas stuff going up I see. Glad the resort hasn't changed and you are happy with the new owners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that Gibbs approves of your Christmas decorations. Everything looks very pretty. Pilot Knob sure is a nice park!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Loree. Did you recognize your ornament gift in the one close up picture?😍

      Delete
  3. I love your Christmas tree!!! I hope those stockings remain hung on the window with care! Great pictures of the "little bum". He's just so darn cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, he hasn't seemed to interested in stuff, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always nice when someone else does the cooking and being served is even better.

    Lovely photo of the sunset and the lights on the RV.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely decorating of the tree, and the outside lights are beautiful. Good thing Gibbs is not so interested in the tree. Sure hope it stays that way.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie. Gibbs is more interested in our shoes than our tree. :)

      Delete
  7. Pretty decorations and wht a good boy Gibbs is for leaving them alone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are so festive. and I thought I did good... :)
    Hope Gibbs continues having no interest in the tree... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori, like you, we got rid of a lot of our house decorations. They were hard to part with but I kept a few and still have some to put out. :)

      Delete