Saturday, December 18, 2021

A ‘Lazier Than Normal Lazy’ Day, 😊

Winterhaven, CA

On Saturday, Dec. 18th, we were all up together at 7:30. It was a later night last night for me but I can’t wait to tell you why! I watched SING, the animated movie from 2016. I don’t get to watch the animated movies much, let alone hear about them until years later, so when I’d seen all kinds of previews for SING 2, and this one came up – I watched it until 11:00!

My shadow wasn't alone today
as we walked across the hard-packed gravel field

What a fun movie, it is so easy to get lost in the childish brilliance in its creation. Gibbs and I went for our walk this morning and as we got part way across the field, I felt my nose running. I had no tissues so did what any normal (?) person would do and wiped it on my sleeve. Strange to have a runny nose although I did wake up a bit stuffy at 6. It wasn’t stopping and next thing, I noticed blood spatters on my sleeve and jacket front. Hmmm.

Gibbs is in charge on these walks
We go where he wants to go mostly πŸ˜€

We were close to the fence and our Suite was not too far so I called Bill to bring me a Kleenex. My own sweet Saviour. 😊 Gibbs and I carried on walking around the outside of the park and eventually it stopped. He was having fun, running as far as he could on the retractable leash and back again so I didn’t want to go home sooner than normal. I don’t know what caused it, but that is often the case when I get those ‘once in a blue moon’ nosebleeds.

Desert circles?
They look 3D but the light colour is actually
hard packed flat sand
The stones are the high point

And peace to you too!

We had our drinks together, Gibbs ate, I offered Bill my cinnamon rolls and I had a keto cheesecake square. I sat in my recliner with Gibbs and caught up on our blogger friends’ latest posts. Nice to see everyone is doing well out there, near and far. For those that don’t write blogs, most of them keep us updated through either text messages, phone calls, Facebook or emails.

One of those 'frozen in track' moments
Not sure what he was looking at
Looks like Gibbs has a halo, no?

I heard from my ‘boss’, Mitch, that he received and enjoyed the humour of our Christmas card yesterday. That means everyone should be getting them soon. They were all dropped off on the same day – Dec. 9 so that is pretty good! I hope our grandson who celebrated his birthday on the 12th received his. We haven’t heard but we figured it was going to arrive late.

I left the boys together while
I went up for my shower
Gibbs was secretly hoping Daddy would set something
down for him to grab

Today, I got my paints out and Bill was busy doing his own thing with his model plane stuff. We had lunch at noon, bacon and eggs, and after dishes did our own thing. I had my shower at some point. My sweetie went upstairs to snooze and/or watch tv. He made me laugh when he said ‘this is just going to be a lazy day’. Well, I though, wasn’t yesterday too? He said, ‘okay, lazier than that lazy day’. Ah, life is grand!

At the clubhouse, I found some
J.P. books to check against our list

I walked up to work on the puzzle but was a tad disappointed that it was completed. No new one was started so Elaine probably wanted me to see it before she broke it up. So, since they were working on the roof in the puzzle room, I didn’t bother Josh to open it up for me to find a new one. Returning home, I set myself down at the paint table again. I didn’t really want to paint al my rocks here, hoping to do that in the desert to kill time. Oh well, have to find some more.

and here is the puzzle Elaine finished

Gibbs went back and forth between us, not sure if he wanted to be with Mom or Daddy and we took turns going out with him. It was me who took him for a couple of walks so he could stretch those little legs. It is a warm day but there is a strong-ish wind again making it feel cooler than it the forecasted 66F/19C. Still a lovely day.

I got a little busy painting
Gabby is Gibbs' little American girlfriend
so of course he had to give her a rock!

At 3:30, I made a tea and sat with my book for a while. I hope to spend more time outside tomorrow, it’s warming up even more. At 6, we started supper. Bill made fries and I cooked peas for me and the cod loins in Rosy. Air frying was looking like the best way to cook the fish and we were not disappointed. Okay, so the pan came out quite messy, even with oil but who thinks about cleanup?

This cod was delicious

After dishes, more movies, seems like there isn’t much else on on the weekend, blog posting and some reading. This was a very lazy day but I had fun doing something that I enjoy. I’ll have to search for more rocks before we leave this park. 😊

I warmed the Christmas cake a bit
and it was even better!
Good night!

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are always welcome.

16 comments:

  1. Your lazy day was close to ours except I had to make an emergency Ritz cracker run before I could get lazy. I think Gibbs loves your lazy days so he can get all the attention πŸ™ƒ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't be without Ritz crackers!!
      Yes, I agree that Gibbs needs attention. :)

      Delete
  2. A lazy day sounds nice! I love your painted rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok ... I'm going to ask. Do you have green olives with most meals? They seem to be a Canadian thing.
    I love that Gibbs has taken over Dad's chair!! Cooper loves those lazy days because he gets to go for more walks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I don't know about everyone else, but I get a huge jar of the green olives and they last me forever since I'm the only one in this family who likes them. :)

      Delete
  4. I hope your nose bleed is just due to drier air than your normal. Might be worth having a doctor check it out for a polyp though.

    That's quite the selection of James Patterson books. And your painted rocks look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get the feeling that my nose bleeds are anything serious, they happen so seldom. I think it could be the dry air but then I've gotten them at home before too.
      That's very minimal JP books compared to what he has written. He has quite a selection so I can't remember what we've read. :)
      Thank you Maebeme.

      Delete
    2. Sure sounds like the dry climate. Happens to me quite often when the dry weather moves into the OK Panhandle.
      Don in Okla.

      Delete
    3. Probably, plus the heat from inside the Suite and the change stepping out first thing into the cold air. :)

      Delete
  5. Don't you love it when there is nothing on the agenda and you can just do what you want to. Such a relaxing life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How can you have a lazier day when every day is lazy? (And warm).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lazy days just relaxing and doing what ever you feel like doing are great days to be enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete