Monday, April 3, 2023

A Bummer Kind of Day – We’ve all Had Those, Right?

Quail Ridge RV Park

Monday, Apr. 3rd Bill was up early and had his coffee made in a thermos. Gibbs and I slipped out for our walk and then Tom came by around 7:15 to pick Bill up. He drove my hubby to the Ford dealership in Sierra Vista to get feedback on when Black Beauty would be looked after . Then he carried on to the Jeep dealership for their own vehicle. Deb K also was in town at the Chev dealership with her truck at the same time. It was a family affair!

No morning sky picture today
but this little guy should bring sunshine 💓

Funny thing is they are all owned by Lawley’s. Bill and Tom were not met with the best of news and that just set our day off on a sour note. We try hard not to let things get to us but sometimes, that is really really hard, especially when you are already on the downslope and it gets steeper from there. By the way, thank you to all my blog and Facebook readers for the positive and supportive comments. We really appreciate you. 😊

When all else fails, post a 
picture or two of Leroy Jethro Gibbs

So, back home, we just hung out. We cancelled a reservation we had made to visit Nashville 😭 and also wiped the slate clean on our calendars for the time being. Instead of leaving today, we would be here until Friday – at least. News later in the afternoon indicated that there could be further delays of which I can’t even talk about or I’ll get all messed up again. We had sandwiches for lunch and then sat and each of us finished our books, needing the distraction. Where is a puzzle when I need one?

It is blurry, sorry, but it sure
was a quick tasty meal

After taking Gibbs for a very windy walk at 3, (it’s okay, I had a good hold on his leash) we walked over to Deb and Tom’s for a short Happy Hour. It was very hot inside their lovely home mainly because the strong wind was from the southwest and was quite noisy. An hour and a half later, we said goodbye, although it was another nice visit with our 4 friends. My head was aching and I just needed to get some fresh air.

Bill is a fast eater, likes it hot.
By the time I sit and take a picture,
he's almost done
I wanted to show you the special thing I added
to the top of his serving.

We’ve probably had more sand/dust blow in this afternoon than we had all the time we were in Park Place. The countertops are gritty within minutes after wiping them. For supper, I made sloppy Joe’s and they were delicious on the homemade buns we bought in the Q. I thought eating would ease my headache but when it didn’t, I took a couple of Tylenol and worked on my blog.

I managed to catch the sunset tonight
At least the start of it.
My photo editor is acting up AGAIN, so no
personalized watermark

This has not been the best day; the news isn’t good as far as timeline and cost. We have some decisions to make.  Oh yeah, we did walk up to pay for our stay until Friday morning – for now. Despite the 26 – 35 mph winds, which will last until 10 pm and bring us a cool day tomorrow, we reached 75F/24C today.

A happier feeling last year on this day
at Roadrunner BLM
My two lovebugs. 💖💖
Good night!

Thank you for stopping by.

17 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry things are going a little sour... the upside is you have love along the way for alot of support. God's blessings to get you through all this.
    "Go tell it o the mountain"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I love how you indicated who you are! ❤️

      Delete
  2. Hope it turns around for you. Thinking positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are in a safe place that you know and friends to help you.
    You will soon be on your way home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Loree. Fingers crossed that we are on our way sooner than later.

      Delete
  4. I know exactly how you feel ... but things usually happen for a reason. You're meant to stay there for awhile ... and how can you not smile with that "KID" of yours and his sweet face!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure what the reason is but i do believe in that too. Maybe just to spend more time with great friends or maybe because the weather on the route home would have been bad.
      Yes, Gibbs is our sunshine regardless.

      Delete
  5. Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear the news. I do hope things improve more quickly than anticipated. You're in a safe place (even with the winds), and good friends nearby. I hope you're able to enjoy your time there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maebeme. Time will tell and we are blessed with friends and the Good Lord watching over us. We pray our decisions are the right ones.

      Delete
  6. Better days ahead!!! These days will make us appreciate the good ones even more.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear, I do hope the news improves on Friday. At least you are in a good place to wait and are safe.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about your revised schedule. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Patsy I'm really hoping for good news before Friday. Darn! Nice to have friends with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patsy, I'm so sorry you and Bill have to deal with this. Prayers there is some good news to be had in all of this. Hugs to you both. Having friends around help. I wish I could send you some puzzles...I really get involved in them and lose myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The weather up this way (Ohio) has been good for a couple of days and then storms with high winds and tornadoes. It comes out of the west and south. We are looking at thunder storms tomorrow with high winds and possible tornadoes. It has been off and on for a month or so. We had this last week too. Maybe that is a good reason to slow down. Not fun in an RV. Wishing you good weather when you get to leave and hope the bill will not be as bad as they say.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As you know, I'm very aware of how unpredictable repair times can be. We just spent an evening watching tornado weather reports, so it may be best you don't hurry to the central part of the country. Enjoy what you have.

    ReplyDelete