Friday, April 14, 2023

Day Seven, Bill Gets his Wish, Last Day

KOA Stony Ridge

Friday, Apr. 14th was another beautiful day all over this land. Like everyone else, we are enjoying it, with the knowledge that it isn’t going to last. Once we cross into Canada, things change for the worse. Not because we’re crossing into Canada, but because the weather patterns are changing ‘all over this land’. Oh well, life is still pretty darn sweet. 😊

I set my camera up to capture
the subtle changes in the sun rise
I loved it in a collage
I hope you do too!

Bill was up and getting ready to go to the Toledo RC Swap Meet & Expo’23. Yes, this was his plan and the main reason we come home this way, to this park. This is our 3rd year at the KOA and he had some ‘jingle’ money (aka hobby $) to take and spend if possible. He left around 7. Gibbs and I got up before he left and then I had my tea and a shower. Dusting and vacuuming was on the agenda so I took care of those things while my hair was drying.

I have a feeling my friend, F.G. will know
what these flowers are

I say again, this would be a nice park
in the summer

Now, walk time with my little buddy. He enjoys the sniffs, maybe too much, but I pretty much give him free rein before tugging the leash with ‘let’s go’. He meets and greets people and enjoys their hellos back to him. Oft times, there have been birds in the ‘forest’ that rustle the leaves and he gives a bit of a start before realizing it is not the Sasquatch and carries on. 😊  There are some pretty little white and yellow forest flowers though that are worthy of walking in a few feet.

Same version as above, but yellow

I had a couple of cupboards that I wanted to straighten, the ones over the couch especially. Also I sent searching in the canned goods cupboard for some more salmon for sandwiches before realizing that we had enough left over in the fridge for one more travel day. Then I relaxed with my games and my book. I was hoping to finish this Jance story to drop the book off but it isn’t going to happen after all. It’s a good one though with Sheriff Joanna Brady traveling to a lot of places we’ve been.

My lunch was good but I wish I'd had some
sour cream 😁

Bill returned home with a smile on his face (and a goody bag and balsa wood) shortly after 11. Because I’d found the book on it, we tried to figure out our Rand McNally gps for an update together. What a pain in the you know what! It isn’t user friendly, their web site, so we gave up at noon. I had the last half of my burrito from the freezer for lunch and Bill had some toast and peanut butter.

Wooohooo!

I still like their signs

I get the message! 😆

My afternoon was spent reading while Bill fill a propane tank here in the park, fixed a couple of latches on our cupboard doors and filled our water tank half full. We’ll need it over the next few days before we get to the Ridge. It adds a bit of weight but we don’t have too far to go tomorrow. Gibbs and I did our afternoon walk and the hot air outside was gradually dropping off. The 84F/29C had us putting our a/c on for the day again. Why not?

A cute little tree with really soft leaves

There's a tree stump under the leaves

For supper, I had Rosy air fry some chicken nuggets, while I fried some leftover potatoes on the stove and cooked our vegetables in the microwave. Supper was really good and we were cleaned up by 6:30. This has been another great day, and our last one here for a while. We touched base with Gayle and John to see how they were making out in Elkhart, IN, chatted by text with M, my auto shop boss, Donna to catch up on her day and Derrick, our friend, to plan an upcoming visit.

A good supper; last one in the U.S.
until October. 
Good night!

Windows will be open tonight with a low of 55F/13C. How nice! We hooked up at 8 pm and went off grid for the night. We'll be leaving early and with rv'ers on both sides of us we don't want to be waking anyone up unnecessarily. We just need to dump tanks in the morning and we're off!

Thank you for stopping by!

 

 

8 comments:

  1. See you soon in London!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww - sad to see you go. Hope summer arrives soon. I bet Bill had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your time in Arizona along with you🤗.
    Hopefully the Ridge will look nice to you and enjoy
    a nice summer. Keep us posted!
    Linda a.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You landed in what looks like a nice place to spend some down time before crossing the border. Glad Bill got to enjoy the RC Swap Meet. Pretty sunrise pictures and those signs at the park are cute. Wishing you safe travels tomorrow and smooth sailing crossing the border.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice park! The sunrise collage was beautiful. Safe drive on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look like white Dogtooth Violets to me. Nice to see.

    ReplyDelete