Sunday, April 2, 2023

A Fun Filled Sunday with Friends and Surprise Neighbours

Quail Ridge RV Park

On Sunday, Apr. 2nd, I first woke up and was confused when I looked out the window and didn't see Rich and Jonnies 5th wheel. 😌 We (Bill mostly) had a bit of a rough start after yesterday’s fiasco. He didn’t sleep well at all, catching about 4 hours of sleep – maybe. He woke up worried about whether he’d locked the truck when we left yesterday and since he couldn’t recall, I suggested he call Danny. Danny is the fellow who gave us his personal cell number with ‘if you need anything, call me and I’ll do what I can’.

Gibbs and I walk around the park
to see what's new
the fountain and pergola is new

Okay, we needed to get in touch so Bill sent him a text at 7:15 am. He was obviously up and responded immediately that he would drive to the dealership and make sure Black Beauty was vaulted up. 😊 Within 20 minutes, he responded that all was taken care of. What a nice guy. Bill rested easy for the remainder of the day and after our morning routine of breakfast,  I took Gibbs for a walk.

The dog park is new so Gibbs
had to sniff and approve every corner

There is a dog park here now, and there wasn’t the last time we were here, so we visited and so did Trace and his ‘Dad’. Gibbs let him know who was the boss and to keep his distance from his butt and his Mama. It was too cute, both were friendly pups. 

Back home, I had my shower and at 11:30, Deb and Tom pulled up out front for the drive to Tombstone. We so appreciate them and putting everything else behind us, we had a really fun time.

Tombstone
Love the wooden sidewalks
and the costumes of the townspeople


Interesting sights and signs

A new statue and plaque of the founder
of the city

We walked the strip, I found a pair of really cute earrings and a dream catcher charm before we walked into Big Nose Kate’s Saloon for lunch. It has been a while since we’ve been here, but when Suzie suggested I have a Reuben for her and George , I opted to have a Calzone instead. I knew I’d have leftovers but it was delicious. Bill and I each had a Sarsaparilla. 😊

since it was 12 noon, we decided
to see how busy Kate's was and it was
pretty good timing, we got a table almost right away

We had to walk off lunch so we all walked up and down, in and out of a few ‘dreaming-type’ stores with many lovely ‘we don’t have room for it’ things. We did agree on picked up our own baby cacti and vowed to try hard keeping them alive! We had a great time, lots of laughs and made sure to get one of Deb’s popular selfies together. I can never get them right but she can!

More history
and an announcer for the 
next shootout

Brenda and Randy - this picture is for you two
We walked into this lovely store and Bill and I
both agreed that you would love it!

Back home to Gibbs for a short time before we walked over to their site with our chairs and a cooler bag. No hard liquor for us today, we had no sorrows to drown on this Sunday. Deb and Riley had arrived while we were all gone and with all of us together for Happy Hour, the laughter never stopped. Our cheeks are sore from laughing so hard. Oh, the stories! It was great fun and we returned home by 6.

I took Gibbs for a walk around our end of the park and when I returned home, I heard “Pat?” It was Diane and her husband from Pilot Knob RV park, parked right beside us! What a coincidence that is. We missed seeing them this winter so we caught up on how things are in that park. Since she was one of the ladies I learned to play Ladies Poker Pool from, I told her about starting up a new one. 😊 She was thrilled.

More signs
Interesting to learn that there is a boondocking
campspot right in Tombstone - $10/night

If you can find this lovely old
courthouse, drive behind it to the lot

We’ll see them tomorrow before we all leave (I’m being positive here) on Tuesday for our next destination. Weather permitting, of course. We didn’t think we’d need supper tonight but I did warm up the last of my calzone and Bill made a sandwich. We were feeling a bit of a nosh and now was the time to satisfy it. 

I found a pair of earrings and dream catcher charm bracelet (or zipper pull)
Plus Bill found this little cactus to be nutured

After turning the dishwasher on, I sat with my blog and Bill sat with his book. He’s desperately trying to hold his book up to read but is failing badly. He’s tired from his rough night’s sleep.


Today was a beautiful day
reaching 79F/26C
I missed seeing the sun drop because we were busy
chatting with our neighbours

Happy Hour was fun
Just look at Bill's smile! ♥♥

This has been a truly great day with our 4 friends. We will be adding extra prayers tonight since all of us are having issues with our vehicles right now. Hopefully, tomorrow will give us all the answers we are looking for.

My supper was delicious and I had room for it all!
Good night!

Thank you for stopping by.

19 comments:

  1. Hoping that you hear good news soon. Its nice that you could share time with friends. Your positive attitude is a good thing! Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually sounds like the perfect ending. You got to spend the day in my all time favorite town!! Dry camping in Tombstone? I'm there!!! That picture of the store with kachina dolls? My favorite store!! So glad you had a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great idea for Tombstone to allow over nighters. So many nice stores to peruse through.

      Delete
  3. Wishing you well today with Black Beauty. How wonderful to get together with friends, especially on a lovely warm day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just getting caught up on the last few days. Hopefully not too expensive of a fix for BB. Looks like an amazing day in Tombstone. Nice to know about the overnight parking too! :) A nice way to end your AZ visit and friends too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. You had an awesome day. May the good times continue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a great happy hour. The laughter was a balm to sooth our worries!! Love the pics of Tombstone.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was definitely a fun day from the start with lunch at Big Nose Kate's, again thank you for lunch, to the end with the Happy Hour. So nice to see Deb and Riley again. According to Milton Berle, "Laughter is an instant vacation". We had a lovely one yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Us too and you are welcome. You have helped us a lot. 💕
      I love the saying, instant healer too.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful day. Great to have Deb and Riley join you for HH. Hopefully, you will be on your way soon, but the weather has been filled with bad weather so be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice to see you with friends. Glad you had a good time. I hope you get good news on the fuel tank.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like the perfect day and just what you both needed!

    ReplyDelete