Monday, April 24, 2023

Flipping the Switch, Dullness Overload

The Ridge

On Monday, Apr. 24th it was once more around 7:15 when I dragged myself out of that warm bed. It wasn’t actually a ‘drag’ but I wasn’t in any hurry. Bill was downstairs and had the furnace on so there was no chill in the air or in the floors. I love stepping onto warmth. 😊 I had my tea and after he finished his breakfast, he drove to Durham to get a propane tank filled.

Gibbs and I walked to the corner this morning
Our neighbours to the west have sold their 
'off the grid' property

Gibbs has his winter sweater on today

From the road, you can see our home
up on the Ridge
Soon, the leaves will block that vision

Later in the morning, we drove to the Bell store in Hanover. Our phone contract is up in July so we wanted to explore our options of downsizing our data plan. We currently have a nice plan, called the North American plan for calls, texts and data, but have found that we don’t use more than half of our shared 60 GB in a month. Why not try and decrease that and save a few dollars at the same time? It didn't quite work out that way but more on that later. 

Bill getting ready to bring Jazz home
I think Daisy got too close to the freshly poured cement, don't you?

See the footprints?  

We stopped at the Holst Office Products store and picked up greeting cards for the upcoming month. It’s a busy one and that’s just family! 😊 On the way home, we stopped at Murray’s so Bill can get Jazz running. She just needed to be charged and tweaked, and despite the cold 1C/34F temperature, Bill brought her home.

Following my sweetie home

Typical Bill, here he is waving the opposing vehicle,
who arrived after him, to go ahead. 

I followed as far as Durham, where I stopped at the post office and our accountant’s office to drop off our Income tax forms. We had lunch of bacon and scrambled eggs and Bill went to the Hangar for the afternoon. Bill called and flipped the switch on our Shaw satellite account. We are paid up until May 12th but doubt we’ll set the dish up for 18 days. We’ll see.

Stopped in town, I saw Rob and Bella
park across the street.
She's here watching the door where Daddy just went

 Gibbs and I took a couple of walks during the day and that wind was darn cold! The little guy had his sweater on so he was quite fine, running around. He and I stayed indoors for the rest of the day and I am really hooked on my book. 😊 I’m aware that it is fiction but the main character sure leaves me feeling fortunate in my life.

Pussy willows are popping

We have a lot of these on the Ridge

After finishing the last of the beef and potatoes with cauliflower and corn, we had another dish of peanut butter chocolate lava cake. Yum, it is so good! We watched some Global tv, news and ET, through supper and then watched some of our favourite programs. 

The colour of my meal would not win any
magazine cover spots but it was good on a cold day

We finished Season 1 of Bosch last night so who knows what we’ll find tonight! This has been a cold, dull day (spring in Ontario?) but it was dry at least. Hopefully, we'll see a bit of sun tomorrow. 

Better and  brighter days ahead!
Good night!

Thank you for the visit.

5 comments:

  1. You really are getting things accomplished in spite of the cooler weather. We have had a couple of cold overnights as we travel north but the wind as been the thing we could live without. Your mailbox looks very pretty at the end of your lane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It didn't seem like i did much yesterday, i felt lazy but at least we got Jazz home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Gibbs needs a FUR coat!! and you too!! Brrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cute little doggie prints are in the concrete forever! Nice to have a good book to keep you occupied! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. PB chocolate lava cake! Where's the picture of that for me to drool over?!

    ReplyDelete