Saturday, April 29, 2023

A ‘Nasty Damp Day’

The Ridge

On Saturday, Apr. 29th there isn’t much to tell. We were all up by 7:30, in succession. Bill first with Gibbs at 6:30 and then me with Gibbs at the latter time mentioned. ๐Ÿ˜Š I know I will have to change that come Tuesday when I hope to be at the Mat by then.  We’ll see about that!

No matter which window we choose to look out,
these drops were in our view

The day was just another wet, miserable one from beginning to end. The only time I went out was in to town for a couple of things and once to walk to the end of the lane with Gibbs. Bill went to the Hangar but only for an hour or so and the rest of the day we spent inside together.

I love the pond view regardless
of the weather

If you noticed that my title was in quotes, that’s because it is exactly what my sister called this day. I got a fair bit of reading done, watched a movie with Bill, worked on and finished a crossword puzzle from the local paper, chatted with Donna by text and just hung out.

A very wet Bunky

M called that he was heading to the Durham hospital by ambulance with a popped hernia so I felt that I was on ‘call’ to bring him home later. He doesn’t have much support from his brother, who lives closes, or his tenant, whom he does a lot for. I’m hoping they opt for surgery tomorrow and will keep him. It needs to be looked after, sooner than later.

For supper, we had baked chicken thighs, potatoes, Brussel sprouts for me and corn for Bill. It was delicious, the chicken was perfect. I’m getting better at knowing how long they take in the convection oven. Sure enough, at 8, M called and was being sent home so I went to pick him up. The man needs to get things looked after. Monday work at his shop is on hold for the time being.

My sleep boys this afternoon
I can't deny it, I dozed myself

It only took half an hour and I got back to watching The Devil Wears Prada. I’ve seen it before but it is a good one. This has been a very slow but fine day which is okay for a weekend, I guess. ๐Ÿ˜Š

A good supper
Good night!

Thank you for popping by.

16 comments:

  1. We Always enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I hope M is okay. That doesn't sound very good. I truly don't mind rainy days ... it's my excuse to stay inside and do nothing!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard this morning on the news that Eastern Ontario is under a rainfall warning. Whether you are in that area or not, it looks like you're getting rain for several days. Not great for sure.
    M sounds like a lot of men, too stubborn to do what needs to be done for his health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in E.Ontario. I think we dodged that warning, though it is raining.

      Delete
    2. I'm glad Karen has dodged it. We are sure getting rain for many days though!
      Yes, M is very stubborn.

      Delete
  5. Our medical system is an absolute mess. It seems if your issue isn't immediately life threatening you are put on hold until it practically is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about that. He should have been kept at the hospital, last summer he dealt with this hernia constantly;

      Delete
  6. The chicken looks delicious. Popped hernia? That made me gasp. Hope he gets that taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes, the hernia issue has been going on too long. He's stubborn and the dr. is no help.

      Delete
  7. I don't mind rain for a bit but after awhile that pitter patter on the roof, in my opinion, is just annoying. Hope M gets the issue taken care of sooner then later. The question would be why did they send him home? The pond does look nice even if the weather is not perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the rain. Enough is enough.
      Why they sent him home is beyond me too. I'll keep pushing him to go back but he is't my family.

      Delete