Friday, April 21, 2023

We Got a Lot Done!

The Ridge

Thursday, Apr. 20th I didn’t get up as early as I have been. It was 7 when I crawled out of bed and joined Bill downstairs. He’d been up since he took Gibbs out for his first piddle at 6. It was too much trouble to get undressed and come back to bed! It was pretty calm looking out the window by my bed and I was happy that the temperature was above the freezing mark today.

Murray had 3 things available for the taking today
Daisy and her ball
Rob's little red truck
and
Ptooties

Rain was in the forecast, a 99% chance, but so far, it was dry. I dilly dallied while drinking my tea but got distracted from playing my online games. I mopped the floors and straightened my bedroom cupboard that gets to be a real mess over the winter. It’s kind of a catch-all. It feels good to clean it up and get my ‘special’ things out onto my side of the shared dresser top.

The grader was cleaning up North Line
My few little daffodils ♥
A view of my lane-side garden
The Bunky is behind the cedar fence

Gibbs and I sat on the step when Bill returned
from getting water
Looking down the lane and looking
across our lot
There's room if you want a stopover!

At this stage, I am frustrated. I had my whole blog written detailing our day and my Word document wouldn’t save it ‘for some technical reason’ and I lost it all. I was so discouraged last night that I closed it up and watched tv with Bill until 11 o’clock. We did make a change earlier in the afternoon and that was to update the McAfee security program. It took forever and it seems that it still hasn’t finished scanning my files. Grrr!

Yes, I chose Ptooties ♥
The water transfer, first one this year.
Notice Gibbs in the shade under the Suite?

We’ve had a few upsets since we’ve come home this is just another irritation to deal with. Anyway, a different version of our day follows rather than what I originally wrote. We went to pick up Ptooties and I am so happy to have my SUV back and to be behind the wheel. We were wise enough last fall (or it was by fluke, I can’t remember which) to leave ¾ of a tank of fuel in her so we get a break there. She doesn’t get driven a lot and she does give me great mileage.

Gibbs was hilarious, chasing my old hat
it fell apart quickly

We stopped at Grey Bruce Fleet Services so Bill could chat with Kate and set up an appointment to get the alternator checked in BB. Yup, heard the noise in London Tuesday morning before we left.   Back home, my UPS parcel was on the stoop. Bill suggested that I order another utensil/cutlery tray from Costco, we both are so pleased with the first one.

Our dresser, the drawer for large utensils
the coffee table are all
organized much better now!

I shuffled things around and have used the 4 new trays wisely in 2 other drawers plus in our lift-top coffee table. Things are secured now and won’t be jostling around on our trips. During the rest of our day, Bill went for a bladder of water from the Acreage, I mopped our floors and brought puzzles out from the under-bed storage (some for Donna and my new ones from Joan to go in the Bunky), we had lunch and then once the sun appeared to stay, all 3 of us went outside.

I'm so tired, Mom, so I'll just lay here
where you can see how cute I am

Gibbs ran free and had fun chasing things in the wind while Bill and I put the storage shelter up. The frame remains in place all winter and just re-install the covering. We’re very disappointed in the poor quality of the cover, already, after two years, the sun has weakened the top to the point where it has ripped, leaving a 12 x 12” opening where we need it most. Another Grrr. Our little boy couldn't have been happier as he chased his scarf, leaves and an old straw hat that fell off the shed wall. At one point, Daddy's screwdriver disappeared. Oh-oh.

Helping Daddy with the shelter

The remainder of the afternoon was relaxing inside with books and doing the computer stuff mentioned above. We have our Income Tax paperwork gathered and on Monday I will drop them off at the accountant’s office. 

Another few pics of our summer home
The peony is getting leaves.

For supper, we had a nice roast beef with mushroom soup rice and mixed vegetables. It was delicious. I didn’t make gravy from the onion and broth left in Madame IP so will make use of that over the next week. It tastes wonderful as a warm drink.

No surprise here
Two tired boys

A Sunday meal on a Thursday

Also, as mentioned above, we watched tv by streaming on Global for Sullivan’s Crossing episodes that we’ve missed. Bill has the StarLink system set up and we are so far enjoying learning a new ‘thing’. 😊 Once we pick up a firestick for our Smart tv, we should be off and running without using his laptop and cord. You can teach old dogs new tricks, apparently!

Good night!

Thank you for stopping in to see about our day. It was a good one! Don't be surprised if a blog doesn't get posted for Friday - we're still working on my Lenovo. 😓

7 comments:

  1. Glad that you had a lovely day, and I hope that you get all the computer stuff cleared up.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ridge looks very welcoming in late April! Us old dogs need to learn a few new tricks or we'll be lost!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Ridge looks awesome! Hopefully it's an easy fix with the truck and not too $$. Dinner looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get so annoyed when the computer acts up. Hope your issues have been resolved.
    Can you purchase a piece of canvas to patch the hole on the cover?

    ReplyDelete
  5. When my computer or internet connection is giving me trouble, I copy and paste what I have typed to my Word program and save it on the desktop before asking Google to save it. That way if Google decides to lose it all, I still have it on my computer so I can copy and paste it back the next day. Gibbs is getting a workout!!!!

    ReplyDelete