Saturday, April 22, 2023

One of Those Rainy Days, More Learning

The Ridge

The rain started soon after we awoke on Saturday, Apr. 22nd. Well, for all I know, it rained all night long. I don’t hear a thing once I go to bed. πŸ˜‰ Anyway, things were wet and we knew we were in for an inside day. I was up around 7:30 and out the door, on the way to town by 7:45. I was hoping I’d remember my laundromat cleaning process.

So, I returned to the Mat today

Of course, as soon as I arrived with our basket of dirty laundry, everything came back to me. The floors were very dirty, with normal droppings like lint sheets, papers, Kleenex etc. but also fluff and feathers from a pillow that gave up its life in a washer. LOL No one seems to care about picking up after themselves but I’m not complaining. It’s good to be back and needed again.

I hadn't done the floors yet

I loaded 2 machines at the price of $4 each and let myself into the two locked rooms to get change and my cleaning supplies. I was glad I left my gloves here last fall, as I’d forgotten to bring any with me. Sandy and Kaitlyn offered me free laundry so I knew where to find her container of cash. I didn’t have keys for the lint trays so that will have to be done by Beth on her next day. She’ll finish out the month. 😊


As I clean the machines, sometimes I find
things that have fallen from pockets
Today's tip.

Within an hour, my cleaning was done and half hour later, the clothes were dried and folded. I marked my time on their calendar and locked up. It rained the whole way home and Bill met me to carry the basket inside. Because of the wet day, I made my tea and when Bill went into the hardware store, I purged the clothes hanging in my closet. I got rid of a few things, and Bill added a few of his own.

a bag of donations
there's more in the Bunky

We sat at our laptops and brain stormed some more about our follow through on the tv dilemma. We’ve had another option running through our heads but finally decided to order an Amazon Prime firestick for starters. We needed to make a commitment and feel better for coming to a conclusion so we can start using it over the summer. Shaw really messed up our tv watching this past winter.

Gibbs' eyes and ears perked up
when I said
"Let's go for a walk!"

After bacon and eggs for lunch, we sat and relaxed together. I started my next book and probably many of you have read it. Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens. My brother-in-law gave it to me when we were at Can-Am with a high recommendation. 😊 I’ve heard of it but have yet to read it. I know I’ll enjoy it just by the way the first chapter has started.

The pond water is high
and Gibbs is intrigued
He'll get used to it

It was indeed a lazy afternoon and with a cup of tea I mentally planned supper while starting my blog. Gibbs and I are getting lazy, so today, in between the showers, we walked to the end of the lane. Hopefully tomorrow there will be a bit of a break from the rain, although it doesn’t sound too hopeful. For supper, I had Rosy air fry Italian sausage and I cooked a potato for Bill. We had vegetables on the side and I finished the rice off. We never got above 5C/41F today and we’ve got more cold days ahead.

I suggested he 'wait'
so that is what he's doing here πŸ˜€

Regardless of what the sky offers us, we are enjoying the days at home here on The Ridge. Each time I step outside, I am grateful to be back here. Things are greening up and I’m sure that sprouts of my garden plants are hovering below the surface waiting. “is it warm enough for us, yet?” 

This day ended with us streaming more television programs on Prime Video. We found the Michael Connelly Bosch episodes. Fun!

Supper was tasty
Good night

Thank you for popping by! Your comments are always read and much appreciated!

12 comments:

  1. So you and Bill have certainly accomplished a lot since you have been back home. I know what you mean about the cold. I am beginning to think 50 degrees will be warm. Glad to read you solved your computer problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb. Once we're outside, we do as much as we can before huddling back inside our home. Purging the clothes has been on my mind for the last couple of months. I agree that I have too many and need to make hard choices! Let's not even talk shoes!

      Delete
  2. We are hoping for warmer, and less moist air as we are counting the days until we head north. Your spring/fall weather is usually in between what we get here on the farm and back on the Rock.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like April will continue to be a mixed bag and then warming up in May - by how much, who knows? When the wind is down and the rain stops, the 8- 12C feels pleasant enough, even without the sun. Moving around helps too!

      Delete
  3. Where the Crawdads Sing is a fabulous book! We saw the movie too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard only good reviews. John said he didn't want it to end. :)

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the change to streaming. My daughter had a firestick at one point, she has something else now as she bought a Roku television. I must admit I find it all very confusing but I'm sure once it is on place it get easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, our choices were limited for when we're south. Losing so many of our favourite channels was so disappointing and we think it will only get worse. We can't afford to and don't want to pay for both services even though we can get those Shaw channels here at home with no problem. Us old fogies need to get with the program! :)

      Delete
  5. I imagine dish TV will be a thing of the past soon. It certainly seems to be going that direction. I have a Roku TV in the rig and I dislike it immensely. It's all about streaming an entire series ... and I'm not into any series watching. The mat looks great. It's funny how people will leave a really big mess when THEY don't have to clean it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, streaming is holding our interests. Especially with theStarlink internet always available. We've noticed no buffering so far and watched 6 episodes of Bosch last night. No commercials and we really enjoyed it. Fingers crossed. We do watch a few series programs.
      The Mat welcomed me with open arms and dirty floors. It will be good to be back on the schedule come May.

      Delete
  6. If you have prime video available, check out the English show "Midsomer Murders". It is quite well done, and there are a TON of episodes if you like it. 23 seasons, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey KennyD, thank you, we did get Prime video so I will check it out. I like the English shows more than Bill but that's whywe have 2 tvs! Once testing the firestick, we'll get a second one for upstairs. I appreciate the tip!

      Delete