Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Home Visits, Puppy Love

The Ridge

On Wednesday, Apr. 19th we were up by 6:45 and began our day. Another cold one in the forecast, and they weren’t kidding! It was -3.3C/26F and the ground was covered in a white dusting of snow. Brrr. We had our tea and cereal and discussed what we were going to do today. We have a shelter to put up for the mower and Jazz but a little bit of warmth would make that job easier.

Our first morning on the Ridge this spring

Gibbs and I needed blankets this morning
but then it was outside time to chase sticks
with Mom

Bill contacted Murray, who stores our Rav 4 and Yamaha for the winter, and arranged a pick up tomorrow morning to get Ptooties out of storage. 😊 It is almost like getting a new car each spring! By the time we were able to get in touch with Donna and Gerry about picking up our mail and parcels, it was 10:30. That meant an afternoon visit.

I apologize for the picture quality
but Donna and Gerry's home is worth showing anyway

Bill went to town to visit our Co-operators agent and to get some cash out of the bank. At home, I emptied the fridge and washed the shelves. They were sticky from something that had leaked at some point. Not anymore! With that finished we had lunch together and then Bill dozed while I worked on finishing my book. I still had a few pages left when it was time to head for Hanover. It was nice to see my sister and her hubby again after 6 months.

Gibbs performs for little Bella
She has to check him out after that

When we gathered our boxes and mail, we left for Durham to visit Rob, Pat and Bella. Gibbs was so excited! Well, if he was excited, sweet little (Spitfire) Bella was over the moon. I laughed a lot at the two of them running around together. My heart was full watching them, Gibbs hasn’t had that opportunity all winter.  This means it will be fun & games whenever they get together.

Bella likes men
Bottom right: Daddys and their puppies

To understand why I took this one
Look on both sides of their coffee table
I believe a challenge is underway here

So, the story here from top left, right to bottom left, right
"Wanna play, Gibbs?" The taunt,
The Boxing match, The kiss

Daddy's little girl
Bella is 6 months old and is nicknamed Spitfire. ♥

Rob and Pat helped us with our streaming questions, since we’re going to be installing a new Starlink system. It was very helpful to actually see the system on their tv. We are such ‘newbies’ for being ‘oldies’ but we need to learn as we go. We said our goodbyes around 5:30, dropped a couple of cards off at the post office and headed home. Bill suggested fish and chips for supper but I decided on chips and shrimp instead. 😊

Looking out the window, I finally discovered
why things looked different
Our 'bird' tree fell down while we were gone. πŸ˜”

In between Bill cooking the fries and sorting our many many envelopes of mail, I prepared the shrimp and Rosy, the air fryer. I got the easy part of prepping tonight. The fries were awesome tonight, done just the way we love them! After cleanup, Bill cleaned up, I worked on my blog and prepared for the evening. Last night, we streamed 3 CTV programs on Bill’s laptop and corded them to the tv.

We moved the King chair and picnic table out
See the little poser?
The corral needs raking, maybe tomorrow if it
doesn't rain.

It was great to see a couple of episodes of 9-1-1 Lone Star and The Voice and gave us a good idea of how much data is used. With Starlink, it won’t matter but we’ve been curious all the same. Tonight, we noticed two things. Our ‘bird tree’ is gone. One of the winter/spring storms took it down. It was dead anyway but I loved that tree and so did the birds. Dad’s birdhouse is also in the pond but we’ll retrieve it asap and find another location for it.

The late afternoon sky
and Father Goose is alone this year - so far

While we made this yummy simple
supper, Gibbs ate his and then rested.
He had a busy day!

The second thing we noticed is that the Peepers are back and singing their little hearts out. Finding love in the pond is obviously a serious endeavour. Bill is thrilled, not at all, but I am! 😊 This has been a really nice day and the visits were the icing on the cake.

I think you know I love my stuffed green olives.
This large jar is from Costco and I don't
know anything else in a jar that offers as  much
product as this! 
Good night!

Thank you for stopping around.

9 comments:

  1. The Ridge is looking good! Glad the winter wasn't too hard on it. Happy to see you've made it home safe and sound! Enjoy the 'new' car!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrrrrrr!!! You Canadians and your green olives!! I love it!! Fun to see Mr. Gibbs getting to play again. I bet he's glad to be home. Just another tidbit ... on another blog they mentioned they just got starlink and left it on all night while boon docking to see how the (regular) batteries did. They were 54% in the morning, so now they will turn it off at night. I can't wait to see how yours works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are settling in nicely. Let's hope the weather improves soon.
    If you can wait a bit longer to rake the leaves, that would be beneficial for the bugs that shelter there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice you had a visit with Donna and Gerry and then Rob and Pat and their new addition! So cute the two of them pups playing together. I just told Ken I've got big green olives for him and his bloody marys. Every time we went to the store, i'd pick them up because I couldn't remember if I did the time before! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm afraid you may be in for a few chilly days yet! Enjoy those Spring Peepers,mI would if I could hear any!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to be able to catch up with family and friends. Looks like Gibbs and Bella had fun together. We are heading into cooler weather and I do not like it...lol We will survive but the temptation is to turn around. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both dogs are cute, that's for sure. So Bella is full miniature poodle, and Gibbs is cock-a-poo?

    ReplyDelete